cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
bounty42 wrote:That's Randy's not Rowdy's. Totally different Icon too.

I didn't say it was. You asked for a link to Randy's Roadkill BBQ, and I provided one...

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
IbeMoDean wrote:Maybe ... since I only got a "No" as the reason, I suppose it's possible.

I'm guessing "No" meant offensive/somewhat tasteless. I realize that other cannibal designs have survived the Rejectionator - and there's one in the Reckoning right now. If I had to guess, I think this one is more explicit than many of the others and the reference is more obvious/straightforward. (IMHO, the reference to Dahmer feels different, somehow, than the reference to the Donner party (as an example); I'm not sure why my gut reaction is different, but it might be because Dahmer was a psychopath committing crimes relatively recently, while the Donner expedition is historical, but moreover, found themselves in dire circumstances, rather than choosing to engage in, um, stomach-turning behavior.)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

inu14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inu14
nathanwpyle wrote:I would so eat here!
+1

Thank you!! ^^

Averages 10 votes per round ;)

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Salmon Ella's

I think royal blue would be nice!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
bluetuba wrote:I think royal blue would be nice!

This would be awesome on a light pink, but Woot doesn't offer that.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

IbeMoDean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IbeMoDean
edgrrrzzmom wrote:Is it just me or does this puppy look more like a koala?

If I order Puppy Chowder, I'd expect at least more than one puppy in said chowder. Unless it was holding a spring of parsley in its mouth.

motorwerks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages motorwerks

I can see this shirt being the catalyst for some of the worst pick up lines ever heard in a bar. My love of social gaffes makes voting for this shirt mandatory.

Re: We Love to Serve You

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: The Flame

Awesome inking!

bluetuba

thewronggrape wrote:I really like this though I don't really see a restaurant...

Maybe it's like a brewpub, but with fancy cheese instead of fried pickles.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
IbeMoDean wrote:If I order Puppy Chowder, I'd expect at least more than one puppy in said chowder. Unless it was holding a spring of parsley in its mouth.

What can I say? they're cheap. I mean really, for $3.95, how much puppy can you expect?

bluetuba

Re: Noah's Sandwiches

Yah, it looks like somebody went crazy with the gamma, or there is a layer of ash on it or something.

IbeMoDean

neuropsychosocial wrote:I'm guessing "No" meant offensive/somewhat tasteless. I realize that other cannibal designs have survived the Rejectionator - and there's one in the Reckoning right now. If I had to guess, I think this one is more explicit than many of the others and the reference is more obvious/straightforward. (IMHO, the reference to Dahmer feels different, somehow, than the reference to the Donner party (as an example); I'm not sure why my gut reaction is different, but it might be because Dahmer was a psychopath committing crimes relatively recently, while the Donner expedition is historical, but moreover, found themselves in dire circumstances, rather than choosing to engage in, um, stomach-turning behavior.)

I can certainly see what you're saying. I do feel it's a little capricious though. I mean, I could call the "Nice to Meat You" entry that's in the top now racist because it references "Caliente Mexican" and an African spear jutting out of the side. But I appreciate edgy - and I thus I actually voted for that design myself. I'd want it.

Seems like "taste" should be reserved for voting and not arbitrary rejection, IMHO.

bluetuba

Re: Late Night Snack

band-aids and hotdogs do not mix! kak!

IbeMoDean

llamassassin wrote:What can I say? they're cheap. I mean really, for $3.95, how much puppy can you expect?

Can I substitute French Poodle if I pay an extra $0.99? : )

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Galaxy Bar and Grill

The design is very attractive but it doesn't read "Galaxy Bar and Grill" very easily. The word flow is off.

bluetuba

Re: Fuego de la Muerte

I dunno, I think the clunky english at the bottom is kinda charming and fitting given the rest of it is in spanish already.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: From Table to Fable

I like Orange Mermalaid. Even though it doesn't really make sense as a menu item.

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
IbeMoDean wrote:Can I substitute French Poodle if I pay an extra $0.99? : )

I wouldn't recommend it. The French Poodle isn't always fresh.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
truffleshuffle wrote:I think of this every time I walk past a liquor store, haha. Hope you enjoy!

I can never walk past a liquor store.

move along

IbeMoDean

j5 wrote:I think it's fine.
News isn't pop culture, it's reality (hahahahah! well, it's supposed to be)

They only have dingos in the mythical land of Australia, where drag queens named Priscilla drive around the desert. And I think hobbits live near there.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Re: Pander Express

This is fantastic, but there's a second layer to the joke: in non-rhotic accents that drop the "r" in the middle of words (like most Boston accents), it's common to add an "r" sound to the ends of words that terminate in a vowel (linking R). So "Pander Express" is exactly how my family would say "Panda Express."

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

IbeMoDean

llamassassin wrote:I wouldn't recommend it. The French Poodle isn't always fresh.

LOL. So true...

bigmaceater69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigmaceater69
WarholBot wrote:I heard this joke the other day, some anchor was trying to tell this joke to the dalai lama and he didnt get it.

I saw that too, hilarious.

bluetuba

Re: Fang's Diner

I like your style!

z03st3r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z03st3r

sweet shirt!!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 88 Private Messages oakenspirit
stingray69 wrote:I like Orange Mermalaid. Even though it doesn't really make sense as a menu item.

Its a side, hence the cheap price... ;)

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 37 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
baybei wrote:The formerly part is the best! Would totally buy this in a heartbeat just for that!

Haha! Thanks! I give Odysseyroc full credit for coming up with that line. He's a funny guy!

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
Re: IF ...THEN... JAVA!

I like it, funny BUT it's not a restaurant. Maybe should have put that in a "Java Cafe" or something,

sillesix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sillesix
Re: Nice to Meat You

I think it's brilliant! lol

inthekitchenbitchin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inthekitchenbitchin
Re: Noah's Grill

I love it, but I sorta wish it didn't have the rainbow. No way I could get my boyfriend to wear it with that on it, even if it's part of the story.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
dawnao wrote:I like it, funny BUT it's not a restaurant. Maybe should have put that in a "Java Cafe" or something,

Fair opinion - the design brief asked for an ad or slogan for an imaginary restaurant - and I think this achieves that, looks like it could be billboard ad (if the said brandname were JAVA)

You'd see a lot of ads that never spell out the restaurant name (McDonalds for instance)

jcolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcolt
Re: Dahmer's Deli

I WANT TWO!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 37 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Fantastic! I can't tell you how many dirty water dogs I've eaten in my life. Too many! I'd wear this shirt in a heartbeat.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
bluetuba wrote:I dunno, I think the clunky english at the bottom is kinda charming and fitting given the rest of it is in spanish already.

My sentiments *exactly*. Keep it this way!

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: We Love to Serve You

Always good to see a BootsBoots.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: PI To Die For

Probably going to be deemed off topic since this lacks a restaurant reference.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
IbeMoDean wrote:I can certainly see what you're saying. I do feel it's a little capricious though. I mean, I could call the "Nice to Meat You" entry that's in the top now racist because it references "Caliente Mexican" and an African spear jutting out of the side. But I appreciate edgy - and I thus I actually voted for that design myself. I'd want it.

Seems like "taste" should be reserved for voting and not arbitrary rejection, IMHO.

*LMAO* you said taste in a canibalism thread.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

IbeMoDean

bounty42 wrote:*LMAO* you said taste in a canibalism thread.

Just like chicken. : )

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

I honestly can't remember the last time I went to downtown L.A. without buying one of these

superwom4n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superwom4n
Mavyn wrote:Probably going to be deemed off topic since this lacks a restaurant reference.

Hmm, thought slogans were accepted?