+ Add a Comment

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
Re: Pander Express

sigh...

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
neuropsychosocial wrote:This is fantastic, but there's a second layer to the joke: in non-rhotic accents that drop the "r" in the middle of words (like most Boston accents), it's common to add an "r" sound to the ends of words that terminate in a vowel (linking R). So "Pander Express" is exactly how my family would say "Panda Express."

Top cheese here !

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
stingray69 wrote:The design is very attractive but it doesn't read "Galaxy Bar and Grill" very easily. The word flow is off.

I agree. I neglected to read the title and clicked on the thumb and thought it was supposed to be "Bar and Grill Galaxy."

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris
Re: Noah's Sandwiches v2

Here's another, reworked version. Hope you like it!

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris

Looking for another version? I noah place.

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/65353/noahs-sandwiches-v2

Thanks!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Re: Some Coffee With My Sugar

Oh my. I'm contemplating hiding out in a cave for the rest of this Derby.

Ocho, I definitely laughed (and voted), but I also spent about 90 seconds trying to figure out what animal the zombie penguin was eating before I realized that he wasn't drooling and that's not an animal: it's a steaming cup. Not sure if anyone else is seeing that, but I thought I'd throw it out there since you just submitted...

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

deborah11565 wrote:yep... I didn't see any bunnies or penguins when I was there...only saw these several times in the DERBY.

You went to the Kawaii Cafe in France? Neatoooo. I'm surprised there wasn't at least a bunny...

*disclaimer* My Cafe Kawaii is not affiliated! The words are switched around, see? O.O

@neuro: hmm, maybe I'll try making it more cup-shaped. It'll probably be tomorrow because this design hurt my head. I couldn't decide if I was making fun of this kind of art or seriously making an ultra-cutesy design. The characters at the bottom mean "sickeningly sweet", btw.

keel620

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keel620
Re: Library Diner

I like it. Not only is it a restaurant theme, but also ties nicely into back-to-school time. I know a few teachers out there that will love this!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Lugnut Cafe

For robots only...

deborah11565

yolo666 wrote:

You need to place this on a woot tshirt.... you will get rejected.

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

error corrected and resubbed

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Re: Crunchy Meal

too bad this was rejected....
*uses it as desktop photo* :D

mama23kids

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mama23kids

What about Hawking's Hub?

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee
Re: Flour Power

Because you can always count on a hippie entry from me.

Specializing in magic brownies of course.

Constructive criticism welcome, I'm learning!

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Barrel Busters

Why do people keep their valuables in barrels? You'd think they'd learn after decades of vandals smashing them open.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: Ate-Bit

more people must enjoy silly computer humor

ArsenicDrone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ArsenicDrone
Re: Schrodinger's Lunchbox

The typo (missing the 'c' in Schrodinger) definitely hurts.

mapinto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mapinto
mclzerbe wrote:My favorite by far - subtle and well executed. Good job! However, I have to add my objection to the color. It's still too close to black, and I think several other colors would compliment the design nicely.

Guess I'll have to submit another color early in the week, see what others think. Thank you though, very much.

deborah11565

ochopika wrote:You went to the Kawaii Cafe in France? Neatoooo. I'm surprised there wasn't at least a bunny...

*disclaimer* My Cafe Kawaii is not affiliated! The words are switched around, see? O.O

@neuro: hmm, maybe I'll try making it more cup-shaped. It'll probably be tomorrow because this design hurt my head. I couldn't decide if I was making fun of this kind of art or seriously making an ultra-cutesy design. The characters at the bottom mean "sickeningly sweet", btw.

eeww... sorry, didn't get the "french" connection ! Might be because I spent too much time in the fog !! roflol !

pantilemon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantilemon
Re: The Kitchen!

A shirt made with love and full of sarcasm for all! ;) I'm so excited for this derby!

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Some Coffee With My Sugar V2!

Just fixed the coffee cup since no one knew what it was, lol. My mom thought it was some kind of pokemon...

Please re-vote!

AngelSilhouette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AngelSilhouette
Re: Electric Elephant BBQ

Shouldn't it be DC? Edison's baby was DC; AC was the brainchild of his archnemesis, the vastly superior Nikola Tesla. :3

AngelSilhouette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AngelSilhouette
Re: Leftovers Cafe

I remember this being done on a very old episode of "Saturday Night Live" or "Fridays". Still, funny to see it again. :p

wrenster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrenster

I love it!

deborah11565

amandanielsen wrote:This would be so much better if it was not grammatically incorrect

how ?

abailey3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abailey3

I too am maxed out for black/gray shirts. Love the design though!

mapinto wrote:Guess I'll have to submit another color early in the week, see what others think. Thank you though, very much.

aramillio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aramillio
Re: The Hipster Cafe

you laugh....

but this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/19/molecule-water-only-cafe-east-village-new-york-city_n_1686490.html

abailey3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abailey3

Like the concept but would like it better with more color.

Re: Library Diner

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
AngelSilhouette wrote:Shouldn't it be DC? Edison's baby was DC; AC was the brainchild of his archnemesis, the vastly superior Nikola Tesla. :3

Nope, the design is a reference to the fact that Edison used AC power to electrocute an elephant. He did it to paint AC as more dangerous than the DC power he championed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topsy_(elephant)

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Fish Stop

Fish burgers all the way.

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus
Re: The Flame

I like how you did the scales. Simple execution but look great from a distance.

CoffeeOnIce

quality posts: 11 Private Messages CoffeeOnIce
Re: Pauley G's

Like the idea, but the plural of pi is pis. The apostrophe would imply that pi possesses something. That said, most restaurants make that mistake, so it wouldn't be entirely out of place.

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus
Re: Cafe Interwebs

I like it and I don't drink coffee.

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: We Love to Serve You

You balance your text and imagery in these designs so well Boots. Although the idea doesn't help my appetite.

srb122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srb122
Re: The Space Bar

It's like Big Bang meets Tron

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Dino-BBQ

This is really well done, Spirit. The disintegrating text at the top is a great effect. GMV

vielleicht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht

Haters gonna hate - I LOVE cutesy shirts. :3 GMV!

Re: Some Coffee With My Sugar V2!

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
thewronggrape wrote:I agree. I neglected to read the title and clicked on the thumb and thought it was supposed to be "Bar and Grill Galaxy."

lol...That is a cute and funny twist but not intentional...It's just a form of advertising layout. The restaurant is Galaxy and Bar and Grill are simply ad-words as the design is done like an advertising moch-up. Restaurants and other stores often times use it in their ads.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 98 Private Messages Thirdbase9
Re: Byte bistro

The slogan should have added to the end

"and sit for a bit."

I don't know.

Toynbert

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Toynbert
Re: The Space Bar

I wish we could get this one on a shirt.