fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Hooray! The penguin printed! Congrats, Wences!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Sweet! As much as I liked the nighttime one, this understated version is probably more wearable and just as good.

Congrats W!

davidwot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davidwot

But how did the Genie get out? There's no hole in the spout.

brendonlg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brendonlg
CowboyDann wrote:

In case you didn't get the joke.

[Inspired by this in DWC]
[22:01] Captainsuperdawg: Not a fan of the shirt. Would be kinda hard to explain
[22:01] Captainsuperdawg: I have stupid friends

--
Edit: Fixed for Neuro.

Good Idea!

n10w84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n10w84

Careful what you wish for... it might just come true.... hahahahah!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Yay!
I love Penguins of Madagascar!
So I guess the Skipper and Kowalski are flying the plane, while the private just woke up from a nap and is clutching his lamp plushie, but where's Rico? In the galley making bombs maybe?
// reads Cowboydan's post
Oh.
Nm.

move along

yellowfrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowfrog

What is the deal with the lady and the pinquin story? I find it really angry, racist and insluting. Shocked to see such hateful outbust on Woot on Saturday morning.

SailorSpork

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SailorSpork
seikokk wrote:Reminds me of Opus and Bill: A Wish for wings that work.

This.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Wish_for_Wings_That_Work

Woots:
Belkin TuneSync Dock and 5-Port USB Hub x1
Screaming Monkey with Black Woot Cape x3
Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter – 2-Pack x2
SanDisk 1GB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder x1

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr
faryl wrote:I don't need - or even want - another t-shirt.

My t-shirts are primarily stay-at-home-wear, but this is too cute to keep it from being displayed in public.

Maybe I can turn it into a tote bag. Or travel pillow.

I'm the same way, although my growing woot shirt collection is causing me to live outside of my comfort zone and wear t-shirts proudly in public on occasion. I've been snapping up some of my favs during side sales in anything but t-shirts as well *cough*MORE POSTERS PLEASE*cough*

I love this shirt, so this is probably going to be another one I venture out in. And +1 for Dann's version - loving the idea of having that on the back.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
yellowfrog wrote:What is the deal with the lady and the pinquin story? I find it really angry, racist and insluting. Shocked to see such hateful outbust on Woot on Saturday morning.

I really can't tell if you're joking or not. You only have 4 posts so I think you're actually offended.

Have you never seen this story?
They're poking fun at that.

mcm1900

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mcm1900

I am offended. It was totally racist and uncalled for. So older white women are (to quote Woot's customized story) "(who everyone in the airplane HATED because she stood for all that was wrong in the world) "??

Well, woot! won't be getting any more money from me until there is some sort of public apology.

This was not in the the original joke which is actually funny. A joke about how stupid racists are was turned into a racist joke itself.

So ignorant, woot!, not to mention classless and offensive.

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
andypop wrote:nooo! I know this is such a minor detail, but it really bothers me that the artist had to add those three "surprise" lines above the penguin's head.

Was so much better when I thought the penguin was sad, not surprised.

But it isn't surprise. The quality posts say it is melancholy, so it must be true! The three lines, uh, highlight the active nature of melancholy?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Volunteer Moderator

mcm1900 wrote:I am offended. It was totally racist and uncalled for. So older white women are (to quote Woot's customized story) "(who everyone in the airplane HATED because she stood for all that was wrong in the world) "??

Well, woot! won't be getting any more money from me until there is some sort of public apology.

This was not in the the original joke which is actually funny. A joke about how stupid racists are was turned into a racist joke itself.

So ignorant, woot!, not to mention classless and offensive.

RE: CowboyDann

divibucket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages divibucket

For those of you who still don't get the joke, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JsZbSzMi08

Chillin' like a Villain.

mcm1900

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mcm1900
ROGETRAY wrote:RE: CowboyDann

No, they're not.

Everybody gets the 'penguins can't fly' part, that's not the problem.

The addition of "then, before the white woman (who everyone in the airplane HATED because she stood for all that was wrong in the world)" WHICH IS NOT IN ANY OF THE DOZENS OF VERSIONS OF THE JOKE THAT I FOUND ON THE INTERNET is racist as anything.

Would it have been a 'joke' if it was 'the Jew who everyone in the airplane HATED because she stood for all that was wrong in the world' or the disabled woman who everyone in the airplane HATED because she stood for all that was wrong in the world... or the homosexual, etc.

This addition is what makes it racist. If you can't follow that logic, then I'm afraid your problems are more than a woot! community post can help you understand.

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal
CowboyDann wrote:Oh man I can't un-see that now.

Now we need a three-sided shirt.

snowglyder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snowglyder

There has to be a Linux/Windows joke for this shirt too.

Maybe, "I wish I could be there when Windows crash and burn."

Shmuel510

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Shmuel510
mcm1900 wrote:This addition is what makes it racist. If you can't follow that logic, then I'm afraid your problems are more than a woot! community post can help you understand.

You are taking the narrator as being the Voice Of Woot, when the entire writeup is making fun of the narrator.

But if you can't see that, then I'm afraid your problems are more than a woot! community post can help you understand.

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin

The penguin approves of this print! First shirt purchase in a while. Thanks Wences! And congratulations!

CowboyDann

mcm1900 wrote:No, they're not.

Everybody gets the 'penguins can't fly' part, that's not the problem.

The addition of "then, before the white woman (who everyone in the airplane HATED because she stood for all that was wrong in the world)" WHICH IS NOT IN ANY OF THE DOZENS OF VERSIONS OF THE JOKE THAT I FOUND ON THE INTERNET is racist as anything.

Would it have been a 'joke' if it was 'the Jew who everyone in the airplane HATED because she stood for all that was wrong in the world' or the disabled woman who everyone in the airplane HATED because she stood for all that was wrong in the world... or the homosexual, etc.

This addition is what makes it racist. If you can't follow that logic, then I'm afraid your problems are more than a woot! community post can help you understand.

If you're serious. How do you not get that they are grossly exaggerating every aspect of the original story? Do you spend your entire life trying to find things to get offended about? That's a terrible way to live life.

Ugh, never mind I deleted almost everything I had to say because it would probably all go over your head like this story did, and chances are you're probably a troll so why bother writing more.

Also if you're going to pick a reason not to spend money over here at least pick something good, like shirts being misprinted, or mugs looking different than as advertised, or issues with the quality. Not because you're oversensitive.

Edit: See Shmuel510's Post, they said it better than I could in less words.

atgard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atgard
CowboyDann wrote:

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to CowboyDann for the explanation. While I happened to get this one fairly quickly, providing explanations for many of the more head-scratching shirt designs would be a great service to the Woot community.

Also, thumbs up to the artist; cute shirt.

Here's some good stuff to read while waiting for a new Woot:
www.rightascension.com

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Volunteer Moderator

CowboyDann wrote:

If you're serious. How do you not get that they are grossly exaggerating every aspect of the original story? Do you spend your entire life trying to find things to get offended about? That's a terrible way to live life.

Ugh, never mind I deleted almost everything I had to say because it would probably all go over your head like this story did, and chances are you're probably a troll so why bother writing more.

Also if you're going to pick a reason not to spend money over here at least pick something good, like shirts being misprinted, or mugs looking different than as advertised, or issues with the quality. Not because you're oversensitive.

Edit: See Shmuel510's Post, they said it better than I could in less words.

My bad CowboyDann...I forgot the cardinal Rule #14 of Rules of the Internet:

14. Do not argue with trolls — it means that they win.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

Congrats Wences!!!

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Congrats mi buen Wences!! , well deserved!

Crab

quality posts: 47 Private Messages Crab

Maybe it's because that story has popped up in my Facebook feed a lot recently, but that is quite possibly the best Woot Write-Up ever.

ElanorRigby

quality posts: 14 Private Messages ElanorRigby
mcm1900 wrote:This addition is what makes it racist. If you can't follow that logic, then I'm afraid your problems are more than a woot! community post can help you understand.

White people are usually the racist ones, though this crazy person/troll rant reminded me of a conversation between two of my friends the other day. Friend A, who is half Chinese, was saying that something he said sounded racist. Friend B (an older white woman) laughed and said he couldn't be racist (meaning because he's not white.) Friend A and I thought that was hilarious, because it's kind of racist to say white people have a monopoly on racism.

Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...

amyable

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amyable

So I work with middle school teachers for a living, and this shirt would be AWESOME for teaching kids they already know how to inference without explicitly teaching how to inference. The "explained inference" post is also awesome as it can break it down for those who don't get it. This would be a way cool lesson plan idea, for serious!

CowboyDann wrote:

[22:01] Captainsuperdawg: Not a fan of the shirt. Would be kinda hard to explain

--

yakovmeir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakovmeir
CowboyDann wrote:

--

I thought it was about the linux penguin getting upset at being stuck with windows.

CowboyDann

yakovmeir wrote:I thought it was about the linux penguin getting upset at being stuck with windows.

You weren't the only one

snowglyder wrote:There has to be a Linux/Windows joke for this shirt too.

Maybe, "I wish I could be there when Windows crash and burn."

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

This is were I would be posting the first day sales. Since we have no numbers....

I have no idea what I should do...

Wake up Walmazan and let us know how many sold the first day. Sleep if you don't have the numbers.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
TheGolux wrote:This is were I would be posting the first day sales. Since we have no numbers....

I have no idea what I should do...

Shall we dance? Or steal the numbers? Or both?

Wake up Walmazan and let us know how many sold the first day. Sleep if you don't have the numbers.

The artist's page should have the first day sales as a separate number, so whenever Wences stops by, he should be able to look it up. Speaking of which, it's unusual for walmazan not to post on threads for his shirts, so I hope that all is well.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

A little late, but..Yay! Thanks so much Woot, for pick me! and thanks wooters for all the support! Also love the writing!

Debut: 1412

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Doh, fashionably late here! Congrats, Walmazan! I think I liked the one with the "Nooooo!" better, but Im just silly like that. This is a great take on these poor, flightless creatures.

isilveus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages isilveus

[quote postid="5126493" user="CowboyDann"]It was supposed to be satire on how political cartoons explain way too much. If it gets a good response I might start doing this on nights I get bored with the other woots. Yes I'll continue to use comic sans because it is the best font ever created.

This explanation is the best WootPost ever.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
walmazan wrote:Debut: 1412

You're awesome! Thanks, walmazan.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

rybugsmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rybugsmom

while we are wishing......I wish this shirt came in a "cuter" color....add this to the list of shirts I really want but won't buy because of the color.

mjhenry04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjhenry04

Was going to buy the shirt but the racism in the story threw me off. And by racism I mean the author.

safehome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages safehome

Now that I have bought this I will share my tattoo.