fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

For our number crunching friends...
First day sales: 3041

Thanks again to everyone who bought one!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux
fishbiscuit5 wrote:For our number crunching friends...

Thanks for the number. I was so sad to not see any numbers last night I couldn't post a complaint!

peret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peret
GeofC wrote:What is this? Oh, it's called a shirt I've purchased before, done by a different artist. What a joke.

I think that other design's childish.

dsaiz11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsaiz11
fishbiscuit5 wrote:For our number crunching friends...

Wow congrats that's awesome!! Thanks for posting the #'s. Hope they fix the stats and fix first sucker which was me at 18s.

fishbiscuit5

dsaiz11 wrote:Wow congrats that's awesome!! Thanks for posting the #'s. Hope they fix the stats and fix first sucker which was me at 18s.

Thank you for being the first sucker, dsaiz11! Enjoy the shirt!

Barc7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barc7

Kudos for including Haggis, but you should have looked up the spelling of hasenpfeffer...

Cheers!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Some of the tees went out without the oval design element around the words "molecular munchies." We feel it's a fairly small omission and makes the text somewhat easier to read, but the shirts shipping out now have the corrected version with the oval. If you received a version without the oval and you would rather have the corrected version, please contact customer service. Thanks, and great tee Fishbiscuit!

steven009

quality posts: 2 Private Messages steven009

Was a little surprised that Rn was RigatoNi instead of Ramen Noodles, but I guess this is an "Eatery" and not "Nerds trying to cook for themselves at home".

fishbiscuit5

tgentry wrote:Some of the tees went out without the oval design element around the words "molecular munchies." We feel it's a fairly small omission and makes the text somewhat easier to read, but the shirts shipping out now have the corrected version with the oval. If you received a version without the oval and you would rather have the corrected version, please contact customer service. Thanks, and great tee Fishbiscuit!

Thanks a bunch, Travis! The print is fantastic. I love the conversation starter it's become when I wear it!

fishbiscuit5

Barc7 wrote:Kudos for including Haggis, but you should have looked up the spelling of hasenpfeffer...

Cheers!

Oh, that's just the Bugs Bunny spelling. Inside joke. :P

rondorajon520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rondorajon520

What To Expect When You're Expecting To Make Nerd Jokes 1st place in Derby #265: Imaginary Restaurants, with 783 votes! Nerds are wonderful, and so are nerd jokes. Nerdery encompasses a near-infinite panoply of reference points, minutiae, and trivia for the comedically inclined. Want to make a joke about C++? You'll have a captive audience. Deep Space Nine? Have at it, intrepid humorist. But beware: The great potential power of nerd humor comes with equally great risk. For if you make a mistake, omission, or even minor inexactitude in your reference, your audience will rip you apart like a pack of hounds. The nerds giveth, and the nerds eviscerate you if you mess up. We here at Woot are all too familiar with the travails of nerd humor. It's our bread and butter, and our curse. We're nerds -- no question, but there will always be a dozen higher-ranked nerds whose knowledge of the Marvel Universe far exceeds are own, and who are extraordinarily willing to correct us on our faults. Frankly, we don't know enough about the Periodic Table to know exactly how this shirt design will be nit-picked. We're vaguely aware that some new elements were recently added that are probably not on this design, and that could be a kiss of death right there. So have at it, ye hounds. Wear this shirt: and see if you can collect all the stains. Don't wear this shirt: around Daniel Radcliffe. This shirt tells the world: "Food is actually composed of smaller bits of food." We call this color: The chemical symbol for Navy is Pm, weirdly.

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff
tgentry wrote:Some of the tees went out without the oval design element around the words "molecular munchies." We feel it's a fairly small omission and makes the text somewhat easier to read, but the shirts shipping out now have the corrected version with the oval. If you received a version without the oval and you would rather have the corrected version, please contact customer service. Thanks, and great tee Fishbiscuit!

Mine is missing the oval. The oval does make it look even more chemistry-y. I know this because i am wearing my shirt right now, and wore it to a big professional conference i was at today!!!!

Hmmm . . . is it a "we'll send you a new one, and you would have two . . ." kinda thing, or a "mail it back to us sorta thing . . . "
(***raises eyebrow thinking maniacally how nice it would be to have two of them . . .***)

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff
vsg28 wrote:Any idea how this looks on the actual shirt?

Super small with the food items barely legible?

i got one for me in Xl, and a few for the kids. Mine is very very legible. lemme get home and check the kids, and i'll get back to you.

It really is a super shirt, great conversation starter.

dfunk29

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29
grrlmarvel wrote:I think there needs to be different region ones .... Get on that will ya Fish? I need a MN version that has Lefsa and things on sticks.

I completely agree! Just make sure to put lutefisk on there too, I'm still not going to eat it though.

As many Fair foods on sticks would be great too.

michaelt2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages michaelt2

PLEASE make this in a HOODIE!! I'd buy multiples - esp for Christmas! (Lots of techie friends who would love this. But I'd keep one for myself.)

mmelinda1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmelinda1

Hi, first time buyer at woot! Sadly, I think I bought the wrong size. I'm a US size 3-4. What shirt size should I have bought?

filbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages filbert

Please make an apron version of this!!!

rjhutch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjhutch

Hero (He) isn't even a food. The word is gyro.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mmelinda1 wrote:Hi, first time buyer at woot! Sadly, I think I bought the wrong size. I'm a US size 3-4. What shirt size should I have bought?

Hi there! Your best bet to find the proper size would be to check the sizing chart, and compare the measurements to a t-shirt that you already have and fits you well! Unfortunately due to the inconsistent sizing of garments, size 3-4 really won't help us steer you in the right direction.

I'm just hanging out, really.

fishbiscuit5

rjhutch wrote:Hero (He) isn't even a food. The word is gyro.

A hero is a type of sandwich, different from a gyro. Try one! They're delicious.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hero+sandwich

fishbiscuit5

filbert wrote:Please make an apron version of this!!!

That would be fantastic!

fishbiscuit5

michaelt2 wrote:PLEASE make this in a HOODIE!! I'd buy multiples - esp for Christmas! (Lots of techie friends who would love this. But I'd keep one for myself.)

Yes, hoodies! It's getting chilly around these parts.

memalory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages memalory

It's probably been said, but this design screams to be printed on an APRON!!!!!!! (yes, please!)

adrisoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adrisoto

I got my shirt, and let me say to the artist that I love the design, I am a food scientists so it was just right .
To WOOT: I am really disappointed about the shirt itself. The quality of the print is not as before, shirt quality has decreased, even the sizing is different than it was before! The shirt is way bigger on me than other shirts I got before even though I ordered the same size! I expected same or better quality if I am paying more now! I am now thinking it twice before ordering another shirt

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
adrisoto wrote:I got my shirt, and let me say to the artist that I love the design, I am a food scientists so it was just right .
To WOOT: I am really disappointed about the shirt itself. The quality of the print is not as before, shirt quality has decreased, even the sizing is different than it was before! The shirt is way bigger on me than other shirts I got before even though I ordered the same size! I expected same or better quality if I am paying more now! I am now thinking it twice before ordering another shirt

Hi there,
We're sorry you're disappointed with your shirt. We did change shirt providers last February, so if you haven't ordered since then that would likely explain your size discrepancy.

As always, for further issues, please contact support@woot.com for assistance.

I'm just hanging out, really.

daraman2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daraman2000

This is rather delayed, but I have to say: This design really, really, *REALLY* needs to be on a tote. Just imagine going shopping with it! It'd be great!

A signature? You want my autograph? Really?