Love the colors and simplicity

failfoxaway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages failfoxaway
Re: Seahorse

Awesome, Do want.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: yellow undertone

We all give to this crazy, one line theme. This crazy, one line theme. This crazy, one line theme.

feloniousacronis

quality posts: 7 Private Messages feloniousacronis
Re: Can I Keep It?

oh, you read this book too?. I don't remember the title but it was about a boy who found a shark egg (pouch) and raised it in his fish tank. He gives it something in it's food and it becomes able to fly. He even disguised it in a parade to hide it, tying a string to it.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: yellow undertone

I can tell there's more going on here, but I can't really find the subtext....

OOOOOOHHHHHH!

;)

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
orabbit wrote:Reminds me of Bubo from Clash Of The Titans. I was thinking of doing something very similar, but you really nailed it!

thanks orabbit, love that movie. very cool moth/owl

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: the keys

I am going to have nightmares about this...

lovely...

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Dragon Gate Earth

There's a waterfall on the Yellow River called Dragon Gate. Legend has it that a koi who can cross the Dragon Gate will turn into a dragon. The koi thus transformed is a symbol of determination and perseverance. And remember, 2012 is the year of the dragon!

orabbit

Re: Dragon Gate Water

There's a waterfall on the Yellow River called Dragon Gate. Legend has it that a koi who can cross the Dragon Gate will turn into a dragon. The koi thus transformed is a symbol of determination and perseverance. And remember, 2012 is the year of the dragon!

photogrartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages photogrartist
orabbit wrote:There's a waterfall on the Yellow River called Dragon Gate. Legend has it that a koi who can cross the Dragon Gate will turn into a dragon. The koi thus transformed is a symbol of determination and perseverance. And remember, 2012 is the year of the dragon!

All I can say is "WOW!" This is really nice. Did you use AI? Just curious...if so, how did you avoid the flat stroke(instead of pointed) when the angle of the pen tool is too acute (like on the edge of the scales--nice sharp point)?

Don't go swimming.
My mind is a strange place.

photogrartist

Re: Deadly Web

This is amazing. Did you freehand it? It has a nice free feel to it.

Don't go swimming.

photogrartist

Re: The Mouse Ran Up the Clock

Very cool. I'm just a newb, but might I still suggest something? Can you consider submitting another one with yellow on navy? I think that would be a good second option. But what you have is fantastic too. Good luck!

Don't go swimming.

orabbit

photogrartist wrote:All I can say is "WOW!" This is really nice. Did you use AI? Just curious...if so, how did you avoid the flat stroke(instead of pointed) when the angle of the pen tool is too acute (like on the edge of the scales--nice sharp point)?

Thanks! I did it all with pen and paper. I scanned it, cleaned it up, and image traced it in AI. The new tracing engine in CS6 is really amazing.

Looks like you're learning a lot around here. Good luck!

photogrartist

orabbit wrote:Thanks! I did it all with pen and paper. I scanned it, cleaned it up, and image traced it in AI. The new tracing engine in CS6 is really amazing.

Thanks for replying. Sorry...one more question if you don't mind. How did you make sure that your line width didn't go below 19 px?

Don't go swimming.

photogrartist

Re: Don't Go Swimming

I have an open mind. Please give me feedback on how to improve this design, or just your opinion of it. Thanks.

Don't go swimming.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: One Small Step for a Man...

I realize I am submitting this late, and that it probably won't do all that well in the derby, but it was with great sorrow that I wanted to recognize my childhood hero, Neil Armstrong, who passed away this weekend.

He was a Purdue Boilermaker, my alma mater, and I had a poster of the moon landing on my wall, growing up. I was born a year before Apollo 11 landed on the moon, and wish to give a small passing honor to those brave men...

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
roysterer wrote:I really don't want a shirt that says algebra on it...but it's just so awesome...

I had some other ideas for words, but this way it's a pun (linear algebra). See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_algebra

beware1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beware1984

at first I thought it was just a line and I was unimpressed but upon seeing detail...AMAZING!

photogrartist

lyonscc wrote:I realize I am submitting this late, and that it probably won't do all that well in the derby, but it was with great sorrow that I wanted to recognize my childhood hero, Neil Armstrong, who passed away this weekend.

He was a Purdue Boilermaker, my alma mater, and I had a poster of the moon landing on my wall, growing up. I was born a year before Apollo 11 landed on the moon, and wish to give a small passing honor to those brave men...

Holy...rocketship batman! This looks as if it was tedious (so many line width variations--I won't bore you asking how you did it)...And it's out of this world...sorry...I had to go there. I think this is gonna go in the fog.

Don't go swimming.

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
autsey wrote:Voted! Nice solution for the bubbles!! Weeee! :-D

Wiiii! thankU Autsey! ;D

harantula

Re: the keys

wow!this one is really cool!i love it(it seems you've worked so hard to finish it, congrats!)

harantula

Re: Broken Infinity

love the idea!

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka

fuacka

harantula wrote:love the idea!

Muchas gracias, compañero!
^^

pyromike25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyromike25

I love the idea! I don't care much for the O but overall wicked design. +100 if I could. :-)

harantula

Re: Nautilus

Another sea creature design, hope you like it :P

bvillarreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
Re: String Theory

I love this!

kjunnurs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjunnurs

Great memorial. Obvious that it took a lot of time. Kudos for appreciating a great man.

orabbit

photogrartist wrote:Thanks for replying. Sorry...one more question if you don't mind. How did you make sure that your line width didn't go below 19 px?

Meh, I'm sure it's fine. The intent of that rule is to prevent spider webby stuff. I wouldn't sweat it.

orabbit

Re: One Small Step for a Man...

Nice, but this goes against the spirit of the no halftones rule. You don't want to start another polemic, do you?

Flashkill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flashkill

You will also see this on many of the castles, temples and shrines through out Japan as it was believed that if the building would ever catch fire(mainly happened by lightning) these creatures,gods, or whatever would spit out water.

orabbit wrote:There's a waterfall on the Yellow River called Dragon Gate. Legend has it that a koi who can cross the Dragon Gate will turn into a dragon. The koi thus transformed is a symbol of determination and perseverance. And remember, 2012 is the year of the dragon!

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
Re: Life: Connected

THIS derby was crazy hard, but very satisfying.

Life is connescted from us to the birds, fish, bugs, reptiles, and trees. I bring my version of the Tree of Life with this derby, what better way to show the connection than by using just one line on brown.

Point of note: including human there are 42 (the meaning of life, the universe, and everything) animals depicted.... or at leat I think there are.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
Re: Life: Connected

Before I forget... click here for the big version.

orabbit

artguyaaron wrote:thanks orabbit, love that movie. very cool moth/owl

Thanks back at you. If you told me the same person did this, ASCII Night, and that coffee IV restaurant, I wouldn't believe you. Looks like you've got a lot of tricks up your sleeve. Looking forward to more!

orabbit

Flashkill wrote:You will also see this on many of the castles, temples and shrines through out Japan as it was believed that if the building would ever catch fire(mainly happened by lightning) these creatures,gods, or whatever would spit out water.

Cool! I didn't know that.

fuacka

fuacka

fuacka

Re: Nautilus

The sea is yours!
Good job!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
photogrartist wrote:Holy...rocketship batman! This looks as if it was tedious (so many line width variations--I won't bore you asking how you did it)...And it's out of this world...sorry...I had to go there. I think this is gonna go in the fog.

I don't know. You could do a pic in horizontal halftone lines, then join the edges to make a "single line".

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

artlurk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artlurk
Re: Fox and the Moon

This is an awesome one liner.