krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth
Re: Two Fish, One Line

Amazing design!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
tjost wrote:A question, how big is the final art, because the preview image is too small on the shirt for it to be at anywhere near the real size and keep the line width that woot specified needs to be kept? Just wondering.

I am also curious about this.

stm027

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stm027
plumbubble wrote:Agreed. I'm not much for shirts with a year on them.

Maybe 1969 would be more fitting (focus on the positive)

I put chemicals in your food... seriously

lyonscc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
Pheline wrote:Can't decide… would *love* it as the moon only. Wanna wipe out the extra and resubmit, just for me, please?

and

plumbubble wrote:Agreed. I'm not much for shirts with a year on them.

I understand where you're coming from. My initial idea to use the moon in a design was on Thursday night, but I realized how hard/complicated it would be and abandoned it.

That design would have only been the moon.

When I learned of Neil Armstrong's death on Saturday, I decided to finish that design, but to do so specifically in memory of him. I wanted the moon to have an astronaut tethered to it, symbolizing his most memorable legacy and giving that idea of him no longer here on earth.

I was going to make his "tether" into his quote "one small step for a man...", but realized that would be rejection fodder under last week's broader definition of "pop culture" to include famous quotes. After several similar rejections (including putting his name, would would also be rejected), I chose 2012 - the year of his death - though I almost chose 1969 (the year he and Buzz walked on the moon).

As a Boilermaker, I have a very warm place in my heart for Neil (see here for a look at this), and my sons were both able to meet him (one was in Purdue's Varsity Glee Club, and the other in the Purdue All American Marching Band) when the engineering building named after him was dedicated in 2010-2011.

In the end, I went with this year's date specifically so that when folks looked at the date, they would be reminded specifically of Neil Armstrong's contributions to our knowledge and imagination of space.

rizaroni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rizaroni
Mavyn wrote:Love this. Trying not to make little girl squee noises at work looking at it.

ditto! Adorable and clever.

Larisa

z3r0600d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z3r0600d
Re: Oxygen Burning

The "O" reminds me of the logo for Opera (not a bad browser but not one of the top browsers either, at least not on my list)

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
omarfeliciano wrote:Is there a book out there with this concept? You have to remember the title and tell me, because now I'm interested in reading it!

The Shark in Charlie's Window at a guess.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dancingwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dancingwolf
thatquietgir1 wrote:

This is great, it would be really cool if it was able to glow in the dark as well! Good Luck!

sombrillo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sombrillo
Spiritgreen wrote:I love the flair to the lines and how you drew the eyes. This is definitely one of the better designs this week, it needs more votes!

I agree! This is some beautiful work.

samanthastroud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samanthastroud

Love it! GMV!

noviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noviel

This is a t-shirt. And I teared up looking at it. Kudos.

lyonscc

Re: One Small Step For A Man (v2)

I have received suggestions that I have applied the "pop culture" rule incorrectly, in trying to compare Shakespeare quotes (fiction) with historical events.

As such, I decided to submit my original version of this (with "One Small Step for a Man").

If you like both designs, please vote for both. Hopefully one of them will print, and if it does, I will wear it to all of the Purdue FB games this fall, in memory of a true American hero.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Your text looks like it crosses over itself. Apologies if this is not the case.

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

I see the Rejectionator came through, he did a pretty good job BUT he's got a lot more work to do. Probably needed a nap after looking at some of these designs.

thePenrod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thePenrod

I like this one better.

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
Re: ChickFurkey

Great sense of humor! I LOL'd when I saw this one. What's lacking in art you made up for in humor. Love it!

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
Re: Seahorse

very cool, nice line

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: the keys

Great as always!

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
Re: Digitization v2

Please re-vote!

Somehow I forgot that you couldn't include extraneous text in the design detail any more. oops. So to summerize: REVOTE

Thanks!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Mavyn wrote:The Shark in Charlie's Window at a guess.

That's awesome, thanks for sharing!

lyonscc

artulo wrote:Your text looks like it crosses over itself. Apologies if this is not the case.

I just went back and checked it, and there's no cross-overs. It looks like the anti-aliasing in the shirt comp image blurred out some of negative space in the letters.

here is a link to a high res version, where it is more visible. I don't think I've been sizing my shirt comps to 602x602 since they changed the format, which doesn't help.

lpcampbe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lpcampbe

Do want.

Turned out great-hoping this one gets pushed up in the fog quickly. I'd wear either version, though.

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
Re: Green Man Eternal (Olive & Green)

I don't even have the words to say how much I want this.

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: Can I Keep It?

Amazing! I love it!!!

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: FishLINE v2

Glad to see this resubbed, I was excited for it!

copernicium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages copernicium
Re: String Theory

I love this shirt design! A conversation starter for sure.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Turtle Soup

I love how simple it is! The maze-like entries are cool, but this really satisfies my need for minimalist pleasing compositions. It looks really great from a distance too!

Plus, Turtles

rizaroni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rizaroni
Re: hold the line

It's beautiful, but how has it not been rejected with the other 'crossovers'??

Larisa

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Rocket

splendid

move along

pantilemon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantilemon
Re: Albert LineStein

Thanks, samjack! I really appreciate your vote and comments. I'm so happy you like my design.

akayeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akayeh
Re: line(he)art

I have concerns that this would look very bad on the female form.... As much as I like the design, I'd be embarrassed to wear it anywhere. Sorry.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: FishLINE v2

Excelente Javier!

wallyrus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wallyrus

Holee carps Batman! Amazing!

wallyrus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wallyrus
Re: Can I Keep It?

Wow - this is like an undersea derby, with a shark, an octopus, fish and a seahorse all in the fog!

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
paaiyan wrote:I like it, and I'm going to vote for it. But the rejectionator may think this is pushing the boundaries of what a line is.

Thanks for voting! And yes, I agree that the "line" definitely pushes the boundary of the definition of the word, but so far the rejectionator hasn't come around!

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Rocket

This reminds me of something copyrighted but I can't put my finger on it.. Maybe it's general enough to not be a problem

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
Re: Evolution of Man

The man appears to be well endowed...just saying.

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
deborah11565 wrote:The man appears to be well endowed...just saying.

LOL!!

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Endless Ocean

A line starts in the clouds, runs through the ocean and breaks as a wave on the shore.

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
Re: Evolution of Man

I did vote !!