harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
runnerfrog13 wrote:Glad to see this resubbed, I was excited for it!

THANKS!!!!!! we're so glad you like it!

freshmutton

quality posts: 1 Private Messages freshmutton
Re: Endless Ocean

You knocked this one out of the park!

numchux9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numchux9000

sweet!

numchux9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numchux9000
lyonscc wrote:Hopefully one of them will print, and if it does, I will wear it to all of the Purdue FB games this fall, in memory of a true American hero.

Plus your wallet will be a bit happier too, eh?

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: Green Dragon

How was the blue version of this rejected but the green version remains? And I don't feel it's off-topic so much as simply breaking the rules of the derby.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
deborah11565 wrote:The man appears to be well endowed...just saying.

You're right. That's pretty damn funny.

jcraven42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcraven42
thatquietgir1 wrote:Very cool. I think it may benefit from a slightly smaller stroke to see the details a bit better...

Unfortunately the rules specify a 1/16" line. I actually had to redesign it from a 1pt stroke to a 5 pt stroke. quite a pain actually, it delayed submission a whole 24 hrs.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Green Dragon

Possibly no one reported this one. Quite a few are still in that should be rejected.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Thanks for the feedback freshmutton and numchux9000. I was aiming to create a wearable design that capitalised on the single line and one colour restriction, so I'm glad you like it.

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
omarfeliciano wrote:Excelente Javier!

Thanku Omar!! :D

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
bluetuba wrote:This reminds me of something copyrighted but I can't put my finger on it.. Maybe it's general enough to not be a problem

Futurama maybe...

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
Re: One Small Step for a Man...

I've enjoyed all your entries this week, and am glad to hear that you have a personal feeling behind this one. Best of luck this week :D

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
autsey wrote:I've enjoyed all your entries this week, and am glad to hear that you have a personal feeling behind this one. Best of luck this week :D

Thank you, autsey!

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
noviel wrote:This is a t-shirt. And I teared up looking at it. Kudos.

Thanks!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

My favorite designs this week are the ones that have clear aesthetic or conceptual reason behind using one line, and these waves are a perfect fit.

That's one cool looking tee!

kazmfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazmfire
omarfeliciano wrote:I love it, very cool design!

Thank you sir!

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan

Happy to see the rejectionator has passed you by! Sad to see that there aren't very many votes.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: The Polemics of Extinction

The noble dodo. Why did it go extinct? Because it's delicious!

laelthewhale

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laelthewhale

wish it was bigger or offset to the left. but i like it!

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: HeadLine...

This is really cool, and deserves more votes! I wonder how it would look in brighter colors.

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
dancingwolf wrote:This is great, it would be really cool if it was able to glow in the dark as well! Good Luck!

That would be cool! Thanks a lot

alex65535

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alex65535

I've been watching Woot for a year, love the creativity here, but this is the first design I've really felt like I could wear on a shirt without hesitations. Great job! I'm eagerly waiting to buy.

orabbit

photogrartist wrote:Your designs are always amazing walmazan. I have one question for you if you have time to respond: How do you make all your corners pointed?

In AI, I noticed that the pointed corner of an angle made with the pen tool goes flat as soon as the angle gets to acute. How did you make all your angles pointed? If you used AI, did you simply not make your angles too acute? Thanks!

If I may, play with the miter limit in the stroke options. The more acute (acuter?), the higher the limit will need to be to remain pointy.

deebubbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deebubbles
alex65535 wrote:I've been watching Woot for a year, love the creativity here, but this is the first design I've really felt like I could wear on a shirt without hesitations. Great job! I'm eagerly waiting to buy.

Thank you! That means a lot!

fibrs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fibrs

Top notch.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
photogrartist wrote:Your designs are always amazing walmazan. I have one question for you if you have time to respond: How do you make all your corners pointed?

In AI, I noticed that the pointed corner of an angle made with the pen tool goes flat as soon as the angle gets to acute. How did you make all your angles pointed? If you used AI, did you simply not make your angles too acute? Thanks!

I was playing in illustrator with the stroke window/cap/round cap icon and the Corner/miter join icon.

I hope it helps.

meandsecoya

quality posts: 11 Private Messages meandsecoya
Re: One Line. One Horn.

Awesome work! I hope this one prints since I'd love to get one for my daughter. Good luck!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
deborah11565 wrote:I did vote !!

Because of the aforementioned reason?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
orabbit wrote:The noble dodo. Why did it go extinct? Because it's delicious!

LOL! I started to do this same thing with a moon image but GIMP was making the line halftones too dirty and I don't have photoshop at work. I was going to call mine "polemic" also.

move along

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: pi

lines are greater than 4.5pt

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: pi

Please revote

rmgiles5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmgiles5
Re: One Small Step for a Man...

Great design and tribute--don't worry about the cynical comment!!

rmgiles5

numchux9000 wrote:Plus your wallet will be a bit happier too, eh?

Jeez dude what is your problem?

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
paaiyan wrote:Happy to see the rejectionator has passed you by! Sad to see that there aren't very many votes.

Thanks a bunch! There are a ton of really good designs this derby, so it's nice to have gotten the votes I did

tjschaeffer

numchux9000 wrote:Plus your wallet will be a bit happier too, eh?

That seems like an entirely unnecessary comment. I can see if you have criticisms about the design itself (which you fail to make), but to draw assumptions about the designer's intent isn't needed.

tjschaeffer

autsey wrote:you ate a workhorse! I love this derby too, but haven't gotten to the computer to change my drawings to digital ... great stuff!!

Work horses are known to be tasty and nutritious.

rmgiles5

tjschaeffer wrote:That seems like an entirely unnecessary comment. I can see if you have criticisms about the design itself (which you fail to make), but to draw assumptions about the designer's intent isn't needed.

It's definitely uncalled for, since a similar comment was also made by the same person on version 1 of the design...

tjschaeffer

Re: Fox o' Line Tails

My first thought was "Naruto - pop culture" but then remembered the nine tail fox was a mythical creature before the popular manga/anime...

orabbit

j5 wrote:LOL! I started to do this same thing with a moon image but GIMP was making the line halftones too dirty and I don't have photoshop at work. I was going to call mine "polemic" also.

GMTA!

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
thatquietgir1 wrote:This is really cool, and deserves more votes! I wonder how it would look in brighter colors.

thanks quiet girl, I messed around with a few color schemes and this one seemed to work the best, but I liked some of the others too.