callthekiteman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages callthekiteman

Oh my goodness.

callthekiteman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages callthekiteman
callthekiteman wrote:Oh my goodness.

Eek...oopsy edit.

This design totally reminds me of this great book.
http://www.amazon.com/Mother-Rabbits-Early-Read-Book/dp/B000OJG15K

lonelypond

quality posts: 420 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Two Fish, One Line

intricate

lonelypond

Re: Octavius

fun

lonelypond

Re: String Theory

entertaining, much like a cat with a ball of...

lonelypond

lonelypond

Re: Narwhal

love the details

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
jcraven42 wrote:Unfortunately the rules specify a 1/16" line. I actually had to redesign it from a 1pt stroke to a 5 pt stroke. quite a pain actually, it delayed submission a whole 24 hrs.

Oh yeah, true, I had similar problems.

biticol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages biticol
Re: The parallel world v.2

Well... it's not my week. See you next!

superdooodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superdooodle
lyonscc wrote:I almost exclusively use Illustrator for my designs. In this case, I laid out the design with vector lines (set at a few different widths, 4.5 points and higher, so all would be at least 1/16"), using a few different layers to organize them.

Next, I expanded all of the lines, along with using divide, unite and subtract front/back, to eliminate the overlaps, and then slowly went through close-up to join everything together and smoothly adjust some of the widths (and solve a few connectivity issues).

In summary, it was an in-depth exercise in the use of Illustrator's "expand", "pathfinder" and "add/subtract point" functions.

How long did all that take you?

anastasia88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anastasia88
Re: pi

Glad you were able to edit the design! Really neat concept. Good luck!

superwom4n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superwom4n
locator3000 wrote:this is really cool. i just ahve a question. do people actually draw these, or do they jsut make a pic with photoshop.

With the ones I design, I hand draw then scan it in, clean it up, and add colors.

superwom4n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superwom4n
Re: Turtle Soup

I love turtles! Great design, very adorable.

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
tjschaeffer wrote:Work horses are known to be tasty and nutritious.

I'm laughing and blushing about this one :-)

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan
rizaroni wrote:It's beautiful, but how has it not been rejected with the other 'crossovers'??

It was rejected when I looked yesterday, but now it's not... And it's the same entry, not a resub.

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather
Re: Can I Keep It?

I love whimsical things like this. Can't wait to buy it.

anastasia88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anastasia88
Re: A Mother's Connection

This is my first submission, be gentle. ;]

keariealazer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keariealazer
Re: Life: Connected

GMV!!

wolfgaidin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfgaidin
Re: Green Dragon

Same issue as the other color of this design - It is very clearly not a single line, and therefore off-topic. The artist is just being ridiculous for resubmitting a different color.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
Re: Two Fish, One Line

This is outstanding, VERY well done. It's really almost hypnotic.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
Re: Seahorse

Love seahorses! Would like it better with some waves or organic movement in the BG, but would buy as is.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Piano Wire

I like the idea, but it might be more effective if the line zig-zagged on the white keys. As is, it's not really clear that this makes up piano keys.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

rizaroni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rizaroni
Re: Endless Ocean

Nice! I like the simpler designs that show a picture and not too busy. GMV +1

Larisa

write2wes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages write2wes
Mavyn wrote:I like the idea, but it might be more effective if the line zig-zagged on the white keys. As is, it's not really clear that this makes up piano keys.

I actually started down that road and felt it got a little "busy". I do agree that the white keys need to stand out more - may try again.

Can a design be updated or do you have to resubmit?

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
superdooodle wrote:How long did all that take you?

It took me a few hours.

I deal with insomnia on a semi-frequent basis, particularly during allergy season, so while I am awake it's more fun to work on design ideas (and more productive) than to try and become a Level 99 Night Elf Ranger in WoW...

werewolfgroupy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages werewolfgroupy
Re: BPS

I want this shirt so badly I could die!!

farabell25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farabell25
Re: This make my face hurt lol Ampersand

debragr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages debragr
plumbubble wrote:Agreed. I'm not much for shirts with a year on them.

Much as I like this one, the second version is my favorite -- which I'm mentioning in case any are reading here and having seen that you posting another version!

write2wes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages write2wes
Re: Piano Wire (v2)

Updated design. Thanks to Mavyn for the advice on "whiter" keys. It does look better.

Mavyn

Re: Piano Wire (v2)

Much clearer! Nice execution.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Riverwych wrote:Actually this would have been super cool with a flatline after the birds. Like what happens to the heart as a person dies. Just a thought.

Ha! That's funny, my mom said the exact same thing (obviously I show all my designs to my mommy before I submit them) and I thought it would be too morbid for Woot. Maybe I was wrong, though. It's a clever Idear!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
ochopika wrote:Ha! That's funny, my mom said the exact same thing (obviously I show all my designs to my mommy before I submit them) and I thought it would be too morbid for Woot. Maybe I was wrong, though. It's a clever Idear!

I like that idea too, mmmmm morbidity. Plus it would add some meaning to the design. EKG ending in birds doesn't really mean much to me, but EKG - birds flying away - death, I can understand.

Maybe you should listen to your mother more little missy! ;P

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

caherrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caherrick
Re: Skulls are cool

How clever and interesting. I thought this was a uterus and ovaries when I was just looking at the thumbprint....Surprise!

I think it's cool. I voted for it.

seakitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seakitty
debragr wrote:Much as I like this one, the second version is my favorite -- which I'm mentioning in case any are reading here and having seen that you posting another version!

I voted for both, as I'd like either one of them!

deebubbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deebubbles

Thanks everyone for all the support!!! This is my first woot submission and the votes have definitely exceeded my expectations! =D

Mavyn

anastasia88 wrote:This is my first submission, be gentle. ;]

Does that mean you'd like feedback?

februarystar27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27
Re: One Small Step For A Man (v2)

I love this! The other one is great too, but I prefer this one. That's so cool that he (and Gus Grissom) went to your school.

februarystar27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27
debragr wrote:Much as I like this one, the second version is my favorite -- which I'm mentioning in case any are reading here and having seen that you posting another version!

Thanks! Your comment alerted me to the 2nd version, which I like better (though I'd buy this one if it won).

cubeking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cubeking

I don't mean to nitpick or insult the artist, but are the sharp lines around the clock and those that look similar, counted as the same line? Those seem to me like retracing the line or adding new lines. I like the shirt but it doesn't seem to comply with the one line rule.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
cubeking wrote:I don't mean to nitpick or insult the artist, but are the sharp lines around the clock and those that look similar, counted as the same line? Those seem to me like retracing the line or adding new lines. I like the shirt but it doesn't seem to comply with the one line rule.

No insult taken - see my comment from Aug 25, 2012 12:41 AM, above.

Everywhere there is a "spike" or "sharp point", there is (on the other side of the line, right behind the "spike") a "negative spike" or "bump". I realize the anti-aliasing may blur it a little, but if you look closely at each spike, you should be able to see the bump behind it. This keeps it from 'retracing' itself...