cubeking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cubeking
rmgiles5 wrote:It's definitely uncalled for, since a similar comment was also made by the same person on version 1 of the design...

Your are seriously lacking some intelligence if you think the artist would be opposed to the money for it getting printed. It may not be the sole reason for submitting but to think it doesn't pop into every single artist that submits a design is ignorant.

superdooodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superdooodle
Re: Albert LineStein

I must say, the mustache is my favorite part!
Great art!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: pi

I'm not trying to be mean but no way this is gonna print as shown and should be rejected for that fact alone since you are not properly showing the image at approximate size on the sample shirt. The blow up of the numbers you have show the size the lines are supposed to be, yet the numbers you show equate to less then a 6th of what the total image width would have to be with all the numbers on the top of the symbol. How big is the art when lines are at 4.5pt, because it looks like it's going to be over 20 inches wide at least which is FAR larger then the sample shirt your showing and potentially well outside Woot's printable area.

photogrartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages photogrartist
Re: the keys

Am I missing something? I'm not sure I get it...It's awesome artwork, but I don't understand it.

Don't go swimming.
My mind is a strange place.

lpcampbe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lpcampbe
Re: One Small Step For A Man (v2)

I'm stupid excited that this is in the fog today. :D I hope it does well... If I make it home to any football games (Purdue alumna here, go Boilers) I'll definitely be wearing this shirt. Although.. not if you're going to be wearing it too, lyonscc...

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: A Mother's Connection

The subject isn't one that I'd want to wear. It's well done, but the topic is one that is unlikely to be worn regularly. It feels...political.

On the technical side, I think it would have worked better to have the back/left side open, with one end on top and one under the belly. That way, the elements left out would seem out of frame rather than excluded.

Keep in mind, I'm not an artist. I just buy a lot of tees.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

vdubber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vdubber
Re: Peace out "B"

It reminds me of the bunny in "The Book Of Bunny Suicides."

eravau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eravau
Re: String Theory

Funny... great one-liner.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
wolfgaidin wrote:Same issue as the other color of this design - It is very clearly not a single line, and therefore off-topic. The artist is just being ridiculous for resubmitting a different color.

The artist didn't resubmit, this and the rejected version were both submitted at the same time. This really makes me wonder if the Rejectionator actually views the derby similar to how we do, or if the back end is completely different and hides things like this.

silversickness

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silversickness

I really think this is a wonderful tribute. This version is my favorite. So happy to see it in the fog. ^_^ It's a must print.

Mavyn

Re: perfect lines

Troll the rejectionator much?

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

You are kicking tushie this week! Three shirts in the fog and THIS one booted me out of the fog. I am JEALOUS. SOOOOOO JEALOUS! Great job!

Mavyn

orabbit wrote:What fun is trolling if no one bites?

The problem is that other than some artists and a few grumpies, most voters don't have a problem with this. A little too subtle for 'trolling' round these parts.

I mean...Printed.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: String Theory

Thanks everyone for the support on this design!

T', I did try out different sizes and styles for the ball at the end, but any bigger and it diddn't resemble a period and that worked against the readability of the word.

silversickness

Re: Big Infinity

There's always that one person every derby that just has to be a tool, with multiple submissions none the less. Mission Complete.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Mavyn wrote:Troll the rejectionator much?

meh, they look a bit saggy to me.

move along

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Life: Connected

Just now seeing this one! Beautiful!!!!

yesimgoofy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yesimgoofy
Re: Seahorse

Awesome design and color.
I want one!!!

yesimgoofy

Re: Owline

I love owls and this design is perfect.

yesimgoofy

Re: Blue Bird v2

I love the flow of this one.

yesimgoofy

Re: Fox Hunt

Love the design, but I don't care for the color combination.

Mavyn

j5 wrote:meh, they look a bit saggy to me.

More than a bit.

silversickness

Re: It's a Tree!

I have a soft spot for trees. What with the oxygen they give off and all. Love this design and color choice. ^_^

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
silversickness wrote:I have a soft spot for trees. What with the oxygen they give off and all. Love this design and color choice. ^_^

Thank you! I'm proud of this one, and am grateful for the votes and nice comments it has received.

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
silversickness wrote:There's always that one person every derby that just has to be a tool, with multiple submissions none the less. Mission Complete.

They got you to look at their design, mission accomplished. It's as good as the scanned coloring book pages I'm seeing in here.

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
tomspc wrote:I am learning that good art is not a requirement on this site. You have the EC (Established Clique) who only vote for each other. That's how all these rainbows, unicorns, bunnies, kittens are always in the fog.

I will say last week's Imaginary Restaurant was an exception. Very good ORIGINAL designs were chosen as winners. Woot needs more of those type Derbies and rid themselves of these leeches who draw the same crap every week.

superdooodle wrote:AMEN

I've only bought a couple of shirts from here. The nauseating designs make it hard to buy more. I swear I think this is an art show for 12 year old girls.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
Re: A Common Thread Around The World

I love the concept, but the colors are just too bland.

silversickness

tomspc wrote:They got you to look at their design, mission accomplished. It's as good as the scanned coloring book pages I'm seeing in here.

Agreed, though I clicked just to verify my own stupid curiosity of which user submitted this. Surprise. The troll has been fed. *shrugs* I hope at least one good design makes it to print this weekend.

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
Re: Owline

thanks everyone, a lot of cool art in the derby this week.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Finish What You Start

I really like the whole concept.

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
Re: Two Fish, One Line

very nice

samjack56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samjack56
yesimgoofy wrote:I love the flow of this one.

Thanks!

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
treehug wrote:Wow!

Thanks, I always enjoy a good "Wow!" critique.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Mavyn wrote:The problem is that other than some artists and a few grumpies, most voters don't have a problem with this. A little too subtle for 'trolling' round these parts.

I mean...Printed.

Ohhhhhh meeeow! *snerk* -- TG can (t)roll with the best of 'em!

Mavyn

artulo wrote:Ohhhhhh meeeow! *snerk* -- TG can (t)roll with the best of 'em!

It's one of my favorite tees. :D More the story than the actual design.

cfdunbar

wolfgaidin wrote:This is so awesome. Please give it to me now. :-D

Thank you! I would, really!

amylynunger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amylynunger
Re: I really like this design. Can you please make one line so i can vote for it?Playful Kitten

cfdunbar

bassanimation wrote:Just now seeing this one! Beautiful!!!!

Thanks Bass!

greg21frey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greg21frey
j5 wrote:meh, they look a bit saggy to me.

The Stupid thumbnail doesn't do it justice ---- Atleast I can come up with an original design even if it is from windows paint.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Mavyn wrote:Keep in mind, I'm not an artist. I just buy a lot of tees.

I've always asserted that people who look at (or in this case, wear) art are just as qualified to have an opinion as those who make it. They just may not be as technical or lingo-savvy about it

For the subject, I'd agree it's not something I would generally wear (I am a mother of two), though I wouldn't say "political" nature, but like Mavyn I can't think of a better word. It's just a really niche subject and kindof awkward for a regular person to wear on their shirt. It might be helpful to browse through some past derbies and see what the winners and honorable mentions were, to get a feel for what type of shirts users (wearers? whatever we're called) typically buy here.
(Then throw out everything with Zelda/VideoGames/StarWars/Bunnies/etc... keep yourself pure! j/k)*

As for the design, I agree that it would look good to start the line at the top and end it on the bottom, so as to give the impression that the rest of the body is just out of the frame instead of closing the line off. The double line "placenta" around the fetus feels quite thick, as well as the triple line along the bottom. Maybe you could find a way to start at the top, outline fetus then circle around just once, then continue the line for the bottom of the belly.

As far as shirt comps, I'm not a pro (having never submitted... YET! One day...) but you might check out this forum post on the "Unofficial Rules" it's got alot of great stuff, as well as a link to a non-default shirt comp that isn't bad looking. You may need to update the colors to match current offical ones though, I haven't checked it recently. http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963

*EDIT: Haha, I only just now looked to see that you've bought shirts here before, so you're probably already familiar with things! Disregard that piece of advice to browse past derbies then.