greg21frey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greg21frey
silversickness wrote:Agreed, though I clicked just to verify my own stupid curiosity of which user submitted this. Surprise. The troll has been fed. *shrugs* I hope at least one good design makes it to print this weekend.

You guys couldnt handle my chicken Fried Chicken last week and now you don't see the genious between the lines. I am a misunderstood artist - someday you will look back and see me as the Picasso of t-shirts that I am.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
orabbit wrote:What fun is trolling if no one bites?

Meh, too late in the derby to bother -.-

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
greg21frey wrote:The Stupid thumbnail doesn't do it justice ---- Atleast I can come up with an original design even if it is from windows paint.

at least you drew something instead of scanning a picture from a coloring book

greg21frey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greg21frey
tomspc wrote:at least you drew something instead of scanning a picture from a coloring book

Well to be honest, I tried to use something from my daughter's strawberry shortcake book but I couldn't stay within the lines.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Stranger in Town

I like this, it feels right. I also like your handle. Artrocity!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

pantilemon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantilemon
Re: Albert LineStein

Thanks, superdoodle! You have no idea how much your comment made me laugh. I re-worked that mustache a half a dozen times at least. Lol. It kept looking Hitler-esque. ;P

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
orabbit wrote:What fun is trolling if no one bites?

It needed more sciency, current event, or other common Woot trope to really sell it. Steam-Pirate-Ninja-Tree maybe?

move along

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
j5 wrote:It needed more sciency, current event, or other common Woot trope to really sell it. Steam-Pirate-Ninja-Tree maybe?

The subject matter was a veiled comment. Lesson learned about appropriate level of subtlety.

prestjennar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prestjennar
Re: King In The Dark

Great design! How do i get me one of these?

LiliaRose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LiliaRose
artulo wrote:Just a small one this time.

Oh, so very cute. Like it, Art.

quillow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quillow
Re: The Ultimate Fibonacci Spiral

I'm giving a mathematician friend the beautiful picture book "Growing Patterns: Fibonacci Numbers in Nature" by Sarah Campbell for his birthday, and I would *so* love to be able to give him this T-shirt to go with it!

meatpopsicle333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meatpopsicle333

Brilliant!

deebubbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deebubbles
sal21 wrote:Superb work... hope i can buy this....

Thanks!!!

deebubbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deebubbles
quillow wrote:I'm giving a mathematician friend the beautiful picture book "Growing Patterns: Fibonacci Numbers in Nature" by Sarah Campbell for his birthday, and I would *so* love to be able to give him this T-shirt to go with it!

Thanks for voting! What an awesome gift idea!

safarigato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages safarigato
Mavyn wrote:Thumbnail needs to match the design...not sure why you rotated it?

had no intention of doing it...and dont know how to fix it as im new to here...yesp

morningsong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morningsong

Thank you. Maybe I'll feel like drawing a dinosaur someday...?

anastasia88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anastasia88
runnerfrog13 wrote:I've always asserted that people who look at (or in this case, wear) art are just as qualified to have an opinion as those who make it. They just may not be as technical or lingo-savvy about it

For the subject, I'd agree it's not something I would generally wear (I am a mother of two), though I wouldn't say "political" nature, but like Mavyn I can't think of a better word. It's just a really niche subject and kindof awkward for a regular person to wear on their shirt. It might be helpful to browse through some past derbies and see what the winners and honorable mentions were, to get a feel for what type of shirts users (wearers? whatever we're called) typically buy here.
(Then throw out everything with Zelda/VideoGames/StarWars/Bunnies/etc... keep yourself pure! j/k)*

As for the design, I agree that it would look good to start the line at the top and end it on the bottom, so as to give the impression that the rest of the body is just out of the frame instead of closing the line off. The double line "placenta" around the fetus feels quite thick, as well as the triple line along the bottom. Maybe you could find a way to start at the top, outline fetus then circle around just once, then continue the line for the bottom of the belly.

As far as shirt comps, I'm not a pro (having never submitted... YET! One day...) but you might check out this forum post on the "Unofficial Rules" it's got alot of great stuff, as well as a link to a non-default shirt comp that isn't bad looking. You may need to update the colors to match current offical ones though, I haven't checked it recently. http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963

*EDIT: Haha, I only just now looked to see that you've bought shirts here before, so you're probably already familiar with things! Disregard that piece of advice to browse past derbies then.

I really appreciate the artistic advice. I wasn't happy with the lines and actually wanted them thinner. On the other hand, I submitted so late in the week that I knew it wouldn't win and I had a choice to spend another hour tweeking line thicknesses(i wanted the baby a lot more delecate/thinner), or I could go to sleep and get another hour before having to go to work. You see which one won.
The outer placenta line was meant to be thicker than the inner, and the 'arm' a bit thicker than that. representing a protected enviroment for the child. I think it would have gotten across better had I spent more time on thinning the baby lines as well.
Since I did not have any hope of winning, I didn't mind submitting on such a 'political', 'sensitive', or generally 'not teeshirt worthy' subject matter. My goal this week was to at least submit something. Next week(in couple days) I'll try harder to make a shirt that (i think) will actually sell.
Once again, thankyou so much for the feed back! Even though the contest is over, I'll probably spend more time tweeking the design to post on my Deviant Art account, so I appreciate the artistic/design opinion and will look into those options!
(ps, I LOVE BUNNIES! i've bought the infinibunny shirt off here. bunny inifinity, touching paws, creepy red eyeshttp://s3.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Bunnies_Forevervw8Detail.png)

akayeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akayeh
Re: perfect lines

You could have easily turned it into a suspension bridge and been 10000000000000000000000 times less offensive and still use 100% of your original design

anastasia88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anastasia88
Re: It's In My Blood

Artistic/design opinion: The coffee cup looks a bit like an apple, a line along the 'front rim' of the cup would have helped immensely.
Shirt wearer/coffee drinker opinon: AOH MAH GAWD! IT'S A COFFEE LINE!
....that is all :D

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Seahorse

Great work mate! +1

expo01

Re: Endless Ocean

Really cool! +1

expo01

Re: Nautilus

So cool!

expo01

Re: Can I Keep It?

Really nice!

expo01

Re: Two Fish, One Line

Great work!

expo01

Re: the Parallel World

love this! , my fave of all!

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 98 Private Messages Thirdbase9
Re: perfect lines

What no nipples?

I don't know.

glowfaeriejosie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glowfaeriejosie
autsey wrote:oh nooo that's quite a typo! I meant you ARE a workhorse as a compliment, not that you EAT work horses. sighs

i clicked in 'cause i like the design and got the treat of hacking up a lung from the coughing fit my upper respiratory set me off on when i started laughing uncontrollably at that typo. XD bravo, and thank you!

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink

This is definitely one of my favorites in this weeks derby! Love this design! I love drawing fish, especially the detailed ornate kind. Nice work!

officeink

Re: Seahorse

Love this design! One of my favorites this week! I'd buy this and wear it often! Great design!

officeink

Re: FishLINE v2

Love the detailing...one of my favorites this week. Great design!

officeink

Re: Gamer line V.2.

The old school gamer in me loves this tee design!

officeink

Re: Tug o Carotene

Clever design concept, Calm colors, nice layout! I'd buy this tee. Great design!

officeink

Re: Evolution of Man

Clever design!

officeink

Re: Endless Ocean

Creative and impressive...I'd buy this tee!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 218 Private Messages Spiritgreen

This has great energy, my favorite of the derby. +1

Merseine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Merseine
Re: Big Infinity

Hey - my lines are up here!

chazbeau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chazbeau
greg21frey wrote:You guys couldnt handle my chicken Fried Chicken last week and now you don't see the genious between the lines. I am a misunderstood artist - someday you will look back and see me as the Picasso of t-shirts that I am.

one should have been lower than the other

jonathanluu2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jonathanluu2
Re: Big Infinity

bawhahahaaha I laugh at such crass hahaha. Okay picasso, at least your design was humorous. hahahaha

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
orabbit wrote:The subject matter was a veiled comment. Lesson learned about appropriate level of subtlety.

I like it. There's nothing wrong with a little subtlety. I think it's underused around here sometimes. Plus, I learned the word polemic, so that's an added bonus!

lusluckylad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lusluckylad

I was at first captivated by this design. It wasn't until I headed over to the comments section that I learned it was a Boots shirt. My captivation turned to uncertainty. Has my shirtwoot! crush on Boots clouded my judgement? No, it's just darn fine work.