quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
fuacka wrote:The sea is yours!
Good job!

THanks fuacka!!! :D

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
cdrewlow wrote:I like it. There's nothing wrong with a little subtlety. I think it's underused around here sometimes. Plus, I learned the word polemic, so that's an added bonus!

I learned that word from Walmazan. I thought it was a funny word to use casually and had to look it up too. By the way, what a classy move by Walmazan to submit a new version. I wish everyone had that amount of respect and class.

larrymart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larrymart
orabbit wrote:I learned that word from Walmazan. I thought it was a funny word to use casually and had to look it up too. By the way, what a classy move by Walmazan to submit a new version. I wish everyone had that amount of respect and class.

I guess I don't get it. Either the design or the discussion.

debragr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages debragr
lyonscc wrote:One of my high school classmates, a friend of mine, went on to be a flight instructor for the Space Shuttle (she never got to go into space though), and she was a pilot in one of the planes that shuttled the last shuttle to the Smithsonian this past year.

Putting aside that I'm sure it was amazing to pilot the plane shuttling a shuttle...it really registered as appropriate for that wish derby...where she didn't quite get the wish right when she wished to fly the shuttle!

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
Re: Owline

I like this a lot, I will the owl was a bit smaller though.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: two

Thanks for the votes and nice comments!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: the keys

Thanks everyone for the votes and nice comments! It's good to be back :-)

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
smatzke wrote:I like this a lot, I will the owl was a bit smaller though.

I do have to say, you do get my 1 vote for the week (I only vote for shirts that I would buy and wear).

seakitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seakitty
larrymart wrote:I guess I don't get it. Either the design or the discussion.

I could be wrong, but I think it's some sour graping (griping?) about some of the designs in the fog that use variable line widths. Walmazan had a design that got rejected because it used halftones to make the edges of his lines look "fuzzy", and these guys, I think, want the fogged designs rejected for the same reason, but the Woot gods disagree.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
orabbit wrote:I learned that word from Walmazan. I thought it was a funny word to use casually and had to look it up too. By the way, what a classy move by Walmazan to submit a new version. I wish everyone had that amount of respect and class.

No sarcasm intended. I really thought it was the right thing to do when Mr. Almazan submitted a new "polemic free" version of his design. I'm all for innovation, but I'm just miffed when the rules are selectively enforced.

Rule #1: "No halftones."
"If your design even comes close to breaking any of these rules, back away or risk rejection."
IMO it goes against the spirit of the theme to simulate halftones, even if it was done manually. Call it sour grapes if you want; you might be right.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
orabbit wrote:No sarcasm intended. I really thought it was the right thing to do when Mr. Almazan submitted a new "polemic free" version of his design. I'm all for innovation, but I'm just miffed when the rules are selectively enforced.

Rule #1: "No halftones."
"If your design even comes close to breaking any of these rules, back away or risk rejection."
IMO it goes against the spirit of the theme to simulate halftones, even if it was done manually. Call it sour grapes if you want; you might be right.

I have no dog in this fight. I started on a design using this technique as a PoC, but Orabbit beat me to it. That said, I do think the technique, whether manual or automatic, goes against the spirit of the derby and is, in all intents and purposes, use of halftones and photographs.

move along

scruz78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scruz78

Fantastic design! You are just so talented! Hope this one wins! xoxo

Re: Two Fish, One Line

30volts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 30volts

Am I the only one who thinks this is a stupid submission for this derby?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: The Polemics of Extinction

I don't think it's sour grapes, I don't like those 2 designs either.. they smack of cheapness.

Cheap because they look like photos with a filter applied and not a "single line style" drawing and also because he's capitalizing on the recent death of an American hero.

He can tell all the stories he wants about how much he respects the man and alma mater and all that, but it doesn't change anything IMO.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

harantula

anastasia88 wrote:I'm really happy to see a second version of this! Great design and original content!

THankU so much :D
We hope that you will enjoy more designs
:D

harantula

officeink wrote:Love the detailing...one of my favorites this week. Great design!

That's very kind of you. THanks a lot for your attention :D

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99
Re: Deadly Web

It's a shame you got knocked out of the fog! As a fellow Halloween enthusiast, I was really looking forward to buying this as my first seasonal t-shirt. -:] Bummed, but just wanted to say that I loved it!

alfreda89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alfreda89

Just beautiful, my favorite of the group. I haven't purchased a tee in forever, because I decided I need V-necks, and Woot! doesn't sell a women's V-neck.

But if it did, I'd buy this one. I may buy it anyway and just wear it around my office.

Re: Two Fish, One Line

frozenpandaman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frozenpandaman
Re: Nautilus

Love it!

frozenpandaman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frozenpandaman
Re: Grow

Simple and great.

werdwerdus

quality posts: 15 Private Messages werdwerdus
Re: Linear Equation

prefer y – y1 = m(x – x1)

rermjmt

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rermjmt

Crap! Iam so so mad this didnt place and cant buy it! Argh

havingfunyet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages havingfunyet
Re: Seahorse

Would love to see a seahorse this size, guess I'll just have to buy the shirt when it prints.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
collinvh wrote:Gotta love the backcountry. Thanks for checking out my design this week and please vote.

Sweet line drawing! Love it!

leochoco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leochoco

This is fantastic! One of my all time favorites.

Re: Seahorse

lbanfitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lbanfitch
Re: String Theory

This made me smile

mtboensel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtboensel
Re: Can I Keep It?

So sad this didn't print.

sadiered

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sadiered
Spiritgreen wrote:Science punnnnn.

This is one color on an olive shirt. Thanks for looking!
---Spiritgreen

Disappointed two derbies in a row, because the one that I wanted didn't make it.

colboux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colboux
neonlime wrote:AWESOME! Totally in for one if this prints.

It should have been a string tie...

fierytresses

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fierytresses
Re: Octavius

why didn't this one get into the 2nd change derby. I really wanted one of these. It is soooo steampunk.

fierytresses

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fierytresses

I really wanted one of these.

onegreenray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onegreenray

I wanted one as well. Sad this didn't get made into a shirt especially with Halloween around the corner.

onegreenray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onegreenray
sadiered wrote:Disappointed two derbies in a row, because the one that I wanted didn't make it.

I hear ya if its not Mario, star wars or bunny's it doesn't seem to make it.

mixedpower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixedpower

Will this ever print?!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
mixedpower wrote:Will this ever print?!

I received an Honorable Mention for this design. It means that it'll compete once again in about three months for a second chance to get printed.