harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula

This design deserves much more love, it's simply amazing.

( Great line work )

pyromike25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyromike25
bounty42 wrote:wonder if the dots are going to get a rejection.

I wondered that too. I thought it was worth trying though. :-)

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
nikoby wrote:That is amazing! nice work

Hey, thanks a lot! I really liked your entry in the DBH Wacom contest. Did you make it to the next round?

brindlegreyhound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brindlegreyhound
Re: FishLINE

There are not enough lionfish shirts in the world. +1

harantula

omarfeliciano wrote:That's what I thought. Just wanted to clarify ;) Good luck my friend!

Anyway we love it! Good idea, we want it!

harantula

brindlegreyhound wrote:There are not enough lionfish shirts in the world. +1

YEp, we think the same! thankU very much! :D

biticol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages biticol

Awesomeness! This is great Harantula

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Two Fish, One Line

Pretty impressive work using one line, but to do so effectively it pretty much trashes the no crossing over rule in multiple places. I don't know if woot will actually reject it, but it should be rejected.

mrwednesday

Re: Watch your Back

I'm not really concerned about walzaman's design, it's easy to see how two people would come up with the same aesthetic (it's not particularly new anyway). My problem is that this doesn't tread any new ground from Some Motivation Required other than the fact that there are multiple panels and you had to use a line. The design aesthetic is exactly the same.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
mrwednesday wrote:Pretty impressive work using one line, but to do so effectively it pretty much trashes the no crossing over rule in multiple places. I don't know if woot will actually reject it, but it should be rejected.

Ummm I don't know what picture you are looking at... Great work Boots!

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

dont worry someone else will start complaining saying someone stole something. there will probably be atleast one more design similar to this one and walmazans. we can just gang up on them :P

mrwednesday wrote:I'm not really concerned about walzaman's design, it's easy to see how two people would come up with the same aesthetic (it's not particularly new anyway). My problem is that this doesn't tread any new ground from Some Motivation Required other than the fact that there are multiple panels and you had to use a line. The design aesthetic is exactly the same.

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
Re: Extinction

What can you use halftones if it is part of the line, because I thought they said No halftones?

mpcondo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpcondo

there are some interesting designs, but none that I would actually buy.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
bounty42 wrote:This also helps answer my question of "how many other people are crazy enough to read this thread as a thread... And I think all of us who do lament the lack of a linkback to the design a comment is actually TALKING about. I call the Phantom comments.

I come here to figure out what designs are getting a lot of comments/drama/hate. It's easier than going through all 100+ designs. And it makes me furious when I cannot know what design is being referenced on a particular comment. FURIOUS!

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
Re: Finish What You Start

This shirt made me think of Spirited Away. "Finish what you started, human!"

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

I don't know if they're still fussy about this, but you might want to resubmit with a thumbnail that matches the actual composition. Thumbnail looks like the fish is square, design seems to have it tipped.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
mrwednesday wrote:Pretty impressive work using one line, but to do so effectively it pretty much trashes the no crossing over rule in multiple places. I don't know if woot will actually reject it, but it should be rejected.

Thanks, Weds. I don't see the lines crossing over themselves, though. The lines just vary in thickness. You can see how it's all one line, like how you'd draw one continuous line with a flat tip pen.

...thanks, for the comments, everyone.

mistressofpez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistressofpez

I looked at the link that was posted. I could not find what you are talking about. I see no crossing of lines.

Love this shirt!! GMV

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: Two Fish, One Line

Nice work Boots.

orabbit

Re: One Line. One Horn.

Is this a circle? I can't find the ends. I don't think it matters, just curious. This could hypothetically be made into a Silly Band.

mrwednesday

BootsBoots wrote:Thanks, Weds. I don't see it as lines crossing over, though. The lines just vary in thickness. You can see how it's all one line like how you'd draw one continuous line with a calligraphy pen.

...thanks, for the comments, everyone.

By crossing over I meant trace back. I didn't mean to imply that there were lines that X'ed across one another. I also realize that there are other designs that skirt the no tracing back over a line, but this one is by far the most egregious. There's at least four or five of the sharp points that absolutely could not be created by except by tracing back over the line (and no varying the line width, yet having them still touch giving the impression of tracing back over is not different than tracing back over).

I realize that there is a threshold level that many of the designs are pushing to not have rounded points, but I think this clearly crosses it. Putting in calligraphic elements to create points is one thing but the lines should separate at around a 45 degree angle. There are many here well below a 20 degree angle and some at less than 5 degrees.

Edit:

I'll also add that if you look around the derby so far none of the other designs have sharp elements like this one. The points on Patrick's web come close and I think are pushing it and some of the mane elements in truffle's unicorn, but I think this one is so different precisely because it pushed well past a reasonable level independently reached by at least a dozen people so far and where I think the limit reasonably should be.

orabbit

Re: Line Panda

Why isn't this getting more votes? It's amazing! I'm starting to get fed up with this site.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano

I really like it, but prefer the horizontal composition.

stm027

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stm027
terceralegion wrote:When your soul is calm and focus on your inner Ying, managed to see your struggle.

Looks good, but think you need to rework it so you don't have crossing lines

I put chemicals in your food... seriously

orabbit

Re: BPS

Big Pink Skull? Love it!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
mrwednesday wrote:I'm not really concerned about walzaman's design, it's easy to see how two people would come up with the same aesthetic (it's not particularly new anyway). My problem is that this doesn't tread any new ground from Some Motivation Required other than the fact that there are multiple panels and you had to use a line. The design aesthetic is exactly the same.

I had the exact same idea with the second panel. I even double-checked the artist name to see if it was the same. Does it matter? I honestly don't know. I like this design, but it wouldn't surprise me if Woot rejected it for this reason.

citizencoyote

Re: Can I Keep It?

So simple yet so wonderfully absurd. I love it.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Music

There you go Ramyb. I was wondering where you've been.

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
Re: Gamer line

It makes me really sad that they are going to reject this I like it a lot.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: John Hancock

I think you have some crossed lines there.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

therichfather

quality posts: 1 Private Messages therichfather
Re: Pencil Pusher

Looks like more than one line to me... wonder how hard and fast the baninator is going to be this time.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Re: RUN!

I count at least 3 lines here.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

citizencoyote

Re: the Parallel World

Reminds me of La Linea, or the opening sequence to the British version of Whose Line is it Anyway. Neat. However, you broke the "No retracing the same path" rule in several places, particularly the eyes and the "?". I'd redo and resubmit ASAP or risk rejection.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates

Four or five in the fog should be rejected, seriously. They even specifically stated that we shouldn't go back on the same line. Some of us worked very diligently to follow the rules and others seemed to follow the rules they chose to follow.

bounty42

therichfather wrote:Looks like more than one line to me... wonder how hard and fast the baninator is going to be this time.

Nope, that's just one, and no crossing, though there is some bleed at a couple of points.

And the Rejectionator is slow today, and missing for the last 5.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

zaydabarros

therichfather wrote:Looks like more than one line to me... wonder how hard and fast the baninator is going to be this time.

I actually traced it and it does seem like one line... I don't see it crossing itself either. I don't think it'll be rejected.

zaydabarros

omarfeliciano wrote:I like it a lot Wirdou, the heartbeat lines changing with the action is very clever.

But I have a question. What is that at the end?

Lol, I just saw Wirdou's answer, but I thought the guy fell in a hole when I saw it.

bounty42

benjaminleebates wrote:Four or five in the fog should be rejected, seriously. They even specifically stated that we shouldn't go back on the same line. Some of us worked very diligently to follow the rules and others seemed to follow the rules they chose to follow.

Share names, none of them look like they're crossing to me. Deadly Webs looks too thin, Extinction has "thickness" halftones, and Octavius is doing some thickness spikes. But I think if we saw these at 5x the current size (about the difference between vote image and final image) the gaps would be a lot more pronounced.

collinvh

quality posts: 67 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Yarn Attack!

Love the execution. GMV.

bradalee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradalee
downsyndrom wrote:Maybe I'm Crazy But i look at this and see Maine, from the state so perhaps I'm bias.

I wasn't sure what it was when i first looked, but now all i see is "Maine" as well!