wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Honestly, i never thought about some motivation required. I mean, if it were a lion or anything who chased the man there wouldn't be a problem, cause this has nothing to do with motivation...it's a story told by an electrocardiogram, and I chose a t-rex cause I love dinosaurs and I could play with the t-rex jaws. But as always, if shirt.woot rejects it I won't complain and I will change the t-rex

terceralegion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terceralegion
Re: Gamer line V.2.

A second version because the first realized before the updating rules, no crossing lines.

Because true love does not need more than one line.

First: http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/65537/gamer-line

bradalee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradalee
Re: Can I Keep It?

Haha, brilliant!

terceralegion

zaydabarros wrote:It makes me really sad that they are going to reject this I like it a lot.

I made a second version within crossing lines, pls, vote it

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/65559/gamer-line-v-2

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
terceralegion wrote:A second version because the first realized before the updating rules, no crossing lines.

Because true love does not need more than one line.

First: http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/65537/gamer-line

NES paddle means it's still a pop Culture Riff though.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

terceralegion

Re: Animal's skull are cool!

Haha, i like it!

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

jfsiv wrote:What can you use halftones if it is part of the line, because I thought they said No halftones?

Yea, I need some clarification on this too. You can use a brush that exactly mimics a halftone effect, but no halftones? Sounds dicey to me.

It's a well-done design without the effect. I think the lines are really pushing the rule. Be honest... you get the exact same look by making your lines glow, then changing the gradient to halftones. The line doesn't zig-zag, it's a solid line with tiny little lines sticking out of it.
The only reason this bothers me is because "glowy" designs naturally pop-out more and look better. I think that a lot of folks would have made their lines like this if they knew they were allowed. If we ARE allowed to do this then I'm making my design all shiny too!

terceralegion

bounty42 wrote:NES paddle means it's still a pop Culture Riff though.

Hehe, pop culture is one of the unresolved I have, sometimes I have trouble differentiating which are considered pop culture and what not, many times I see things I think that if, or setbacks, rejectiones I think not, in this case I I do not consider pop culture and why I did it, hehe problems to be Spanish

terceralegion

ohaisup wrote:I really want this. But lines cross and is a pop culture riff. :/

Hehe, pop culture is one of the unresolved I have, sometimes I have trouble differentiating which are considered pop culture and what not, many times I see things I think that if, or setbacks, rejectiones I think not, in this case I I do not consider pop culture and why I did it, hehe problems to be Spanish

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Two Fish, One Line

this is just amazing!! im soo glad you are back and i hope this wins because it will be my first shirt purchase in months!!!

bounty42

terceralegion wrote:Hehe, pop culture is one of the unresolved I have, sometimes I have trouble differentiating which are considered pop culture and what not, many times I see things I think that if, or setbacks, rejectiones I think not, in this case I I do not consider pop culture and why I did it, hehe problems to be Spanish

Yeah, the problem is you are not a part of the 'culture' exactly. It also does not help when the designs that should be rejected are not rejected, not because they are ok, but because the judges do not always do a final sweep as long as the top 25 are all ok.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: John Hancock

yeah, crossed lines, multiple line endings, photograph...

runnerfrog13

ochopika wrote:Yea, I need some clarification on this too. You can use a brush that exactly mimics a halftone effect, but no halftones? Sounds dicey to me.

It's a well-done design without the effect. I think the lines are really pushing the rule. Be honest... you get the exact same look by making your lines glow, then changing the gradient to halftones. The line doesn't zig-zag, it's a solid line with tiny little lines sticking out of it.
The only reason this bothers me is because "glowy" designs naturally pop-out more and look better. I think that a lot of folks would have made their lines like this if they knew they were allowed. If we ARE allowed to do this then I'm making my design all shiny too!

Yes, I would like to see woot weigh in on this issue. From the rest of the rules, I was anticipating only simple solid lines allowed, and it will change the whole dynamics of designs presented if additional creative effects can be added through clever linestyles

runnerfrog13

Mavyn wrote:I don't know if they're still fussy about this, but you might want to resubmit with a thumbnail that matches the actual composition. Thumbnail looks like the fish is square, design seems to have it tipped.

I don't think they're quite that fussy about thumbnails (I could be wrong of course). If it was on a wrong colored background or had extra things added to it or something, I could see that

runnerfrog13

Re: FishLINE

Great design, I love lionfish and it's a nice interpretation you have here!

The bad news is that you've got some lines crossing in the bubbles and the eye of the fish! D: Resub, quick!

(side note: I would love to see this on a royal blue shirt, but brown is good too)

bounty42

runnerfrog13 wrote:Yes, I would like to see woot weigh in on this issue. From the rest of the rules, I was anticipating only simple solid lines allowed, and it will change the whole dynamics of designs presented if additional creative effects can be added through clever linestyles

I think it would be a lot different if all of the cross-hatches were perpendicular to the line itself, but when they're all parallel to the hactchs, irregardless of line orientation, they stretch credibilty as "not half tones."

But this, and BootsBoots (or sensibleflatssensibleflats) entry will be the defining points for what the rejectionationator will and will not allow.

bounty42

Re: Heart of a Surfer

I count at least 4 enclosed areas.
Not a single line.

bounty42

Re: BPS

I keep thinking I see letters in the teeth...

terceralegion

Re: the Parallel World

Haha, curious design!

terceralegion

Re: Watch your Back

I think... Print Print Print!!

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
llamassassin wrote:To anyone who tells you doing a chain in one line is easy...it's not. >_>

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/65541/key-to-my-heart-red-version

So true! I like your solution for it, it's very clean and pretty :-D

terceralegion

Re: Ideas

I have an idea hehe

terceralegion

Re: hold the line

Haha, hold the line!

terceralegion

Re: smoking kills

Good thing I do not smoke hehe

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Extinction V.2

Extinction!

New no polemic version, I hope you can support it! and thank you

runnerfrog13

ChronoSquall14 wrote:Ha. I saw the original and voted but wished it wasn't crammed all across one horizontal plane. And then there it was!

Me too! Glad you did this version!

Riverwych

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Riverwych
Re: Unusual Reading

Actually this would have been super cool with a flatline after the birds. Like what happens to the heart as a person dies. Just a thought.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: Pencil Pusher

To be clear, there's only one line and it does not cross. You can see both the ends of the line on the right, one in the tip of the pencil and one just below the metal band.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 24 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: Yarn Attack!

Well I like it. The derby's still young, but I have to moan at least somewhere that despite two unrelated people asking for more fox designs this derby, none of any quality appeared. It makes me wonder what those "Discuss this Derby" threads are for these days! :P

But yes, more fox shirts like Foxfall are needed. Classy over cute. :3

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

runnerfrog13

Mavyn wrote:JAS...might want to play with the colors and resubmit. this combination is pretty difficult to look at, and a lot of the details are lost.

Agree. Perhaps try red on blue, or a dark green on this olive shirt?

runnerfrog13

Re: Midnight Masquerade Blue

I would love to see this as a moth-only design too (or moth-wit-circle/moon), it's very appealingly drawn

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Extinction

Really like the stylised representation of the dinos and the way the snaking line contains a full scene. Clever stuff Walmazan.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Yarn Attack!

Thanks very much guys! This is my first time trying a continuous line style and it's quite challenging. o_O

@Tobias, I wonder if artulo has any fox designs in his repetoire? That'd be something!

walmazan

Re: Extinction

I don't want to make polemic about this, so I made a new version whit clean lines I hope you can support it!

I will be take down this version in a little bit.

Extinction V.2

PixelPants

An effective and dynamic entry Boots. You really made that one line work for you and kept it clearly in the derby rules.

PixelPants

Re: String Theory

Too clever Spirit. The line and type work very well on the shirt without seeming shoehorned. +1

walmazan

bien bonito!!!

osadczuk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osadczuk

Is there anything more volatile than love?

Re: Explosive

osadczuk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osadczuk

Run for your lives!

Re: Rampage

clav08

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clav08
Re: Indentity

This is seriously awesome.