osadczuk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osadczuk

Two sides of the same ninja throwing helm.

Re: Ninja Pirates

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
Re: the Parallel World

Seriously do people not read the rules? Or are they just stupid?
Sorry I actually do like this, just hate to see the inevitable rejection coming.
Change it!

clav08

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clav08
Re: Two Fish, One Line

I couldn't create something this well with no restrictions, never mind it being just one line. Amazing.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Finish What You Start

Ah yeah! I need one of t

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Re: Cut the Cord

wow, super hard to see.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

clav08

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clav08
Re: Extinction

I love the glow effect that this one seems to have. Maybe it's just my eyes. /rubs

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit
runnerfrog13 wrote:I would love to see this as a moth-only design too (or moth-wit-circle/moon), it's very appealingly drawn

So is this too weird for you wooters? I can't tell what people will respond to anymore. I'm super happy with this, but it sucks not to get many votes. Sorry to have another whining fit, but I'm really trying to figure out how to balance my taste with the community. Anyone have any advice?

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Deadly Web

Ok, this is pretty badass

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
orabbit wrote:So is this too weird for you wooters? I can't tell what people will respond to anymore. I'm super happy with this, but it sucks not to get many votes. Sorry to have another whining fit, but I'm really trying to figure out how to balance my taste with the community. Anyone have any advice?

For me it's a case of Thumbnail doesn't match design. Your thumbnail is a Moth. Your image isn't a Moth.

Ramyb got the same hit back in teh cooking derby because his thumb looked like a chibi rabbit cooking, but his full comp was the Bunny BBQing the knights.

Your design is solid, and I think given the weekend it's going to move up, but the disconnect between thumb and full is going to mean people who would vote might not click to see it, and people who click to see it aren't neccessarily going to want to vote.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
orabbit wrote:So is this too weird for you wooters? I can't tell what people will respond to anymore. I'm super happy with this, but it sucks not to get many votes. Sorry to have another whining fit, but I'm really trying to figure out how to balance my taste with the community. Anyone have any advice?

Sometimes weird is good, I like it. Especially with the recent rules where you've got a chance of impressing an editor with your work every week instead of needing the masses.

mailmanmo

walmazan wrote:

I will be take down this version in a little bit.

Extinction V.2

Wow big respect earned there Mr W. Nice to see an artist respecting the rules and fellow wooters. +1 for your resubmitted design.

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
Re: Midnight Masquerade Blue

I almost did an owl on a branch with the moon in the background this derby. He's sitting in my sketchbook right now, in fact! I decided against it at the last minute and now I'm glad I did because it would have been way too similar to this design. Heh. Of course, yours is more unique and interesting.

Good luck to you! I know it's discouraging to not get many votes. I'm in the same boat, and it's especially discouraging this derby, because the one-liners take A LOT Of time. I know I put a ton of hard work into mine, and looking at the other entries this week, I'm sure many did.

That aside, personally I don't find it too "weird." It's unique, yes, but in a good way.

mailmanmo

walmazan wrote:Extinction!

New no polemic version, I hope you can support it! and thank you

Will surely do ;OD

llamassassin

Re: Extinction V.2

You may still be at risk for rejection because of the little dot at the end. :/ I don't know if they'll enforce it or not, but last time they ran this theme they were very strict about it, and the rules say no filled shapes. You might fix that real quick while this one is still low on votes. Well, I say low on votes lightly because it already has much more than me...But you know. :P Low votes for you.

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
runnerfrog13 wrote:Great design, I love lionfish and it's a nice interpretation you have here!

The bad news is that you've got some lines crossing in the bubbles and the eye of the fish! D: Resub, quick!

(side note: I would love to see this on a royal blue shirt, but brown is good too)

Thanks for the comments here!we are working to resub AQAP :D

llamassassin

Re: Deadly Web

Holy crickets. You didn't think spiders were creepy enough on their own? :P

zombienerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombienerd
Re: Octavius

Looks great but too bad it's probably going to be rejected. There's a lot of end lines in this picture. It's not really one line. :c

biticol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages biticol
Re: The parallel world v.2

I resubmitted it correcting the lines as I was suggested in the ? and the eyes.

biticol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages biticol

beware1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beware1984

Thanks everyone!

PS I haven't seen Spirited Away yet *ducks to avoid flying cabbage*

mtboensel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtboensel
Re: Watch your Back

Looks like I'm buying another dinosaur shirt.

SirMarek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirMarek

This is pretty legit, hope this one gets some more votes.

Re: Icy Flames

mutantninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mutantninja
Re: It's In My Blood

"Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee!"

The best part of waking up... is never going to sleep in the first place.

Ubb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ubb

I don't know. I see a beginning and an end. Sure there are the points to take into consideration but I don't necessarily see that as being a problem.

zombienerd wrote:Looks great but too bad it's probably going to be rejected. There's a lot of end lines in this picture. It's not really one line. :c

orabbit

Re: Night Creatures

An experiment.
Also check out this alternate version.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: RUN v2

Thanks to bounty42 for pointing out the extra lines. saved a late redraw.

now with 1 line:

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
Re: String Theory

I love this! There are not nearly enough string theory shirts in my wardrobe.

cobrajs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cobrajs

Thanks to bounty42 for pointing out that you couldn't really see it before :P

Re: Cut the Cord

oakenspirit

quality posts: 70 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Tessellate and Roll Out!

Ever want a string of robots, connected like Christmas lights; a terracotta army of mechanical minions? Now is your chance!

ROBOTS!!! TESSELLATE AND ROLL OUT!

oakenspirit

orabbit wrote:An experiment.

SOOO Creepy...

lyonscc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
zombienerd wrote:Looks great but too bad it's probably going to be rejected. There's a lot of end lines in this picture. It's not really one line. :c

It only has one beginning and ending. Every "spike" has a negative "bump" or "spike" behind it, similar to the derby winners in the last "one line" derby. If Travis wants to see them up close to verify, I can provide the base file.

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

Very clever! I think it is really smart and well done!

kyuriacity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyuriacity
SirMarek wrote:This is pretty legit, hope this one gets some more votes.

I concur

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Yay, science! Clever use of one line, Matt!

oakenspirit

bradalee wrote:I wasn't sure what it was when i first looked, but now all i see is "Maine" as well!

I see... I'm a Line... which then I like... so...

zombienerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombienerd
lyonscc wrote:It only has one beginning and ending. Every "spike" has a negative "bump" or "spike" behind it, similar to the derby winners in the last "one line" derby. If Travis wants to see them up close to verify, I can provide the base file.

Haha you're right. I was viewing it on my tablet. Those tiny widdle notches weren't big enough to see. Disregard, etc.

anneskuo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anneskuo
Re: Eat Pig

Lol hilarious. Love it.

poundpuppy05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages poundpuppy05
Re: ESCHERLATOR

Cool idea but clearly violates this week's rule of one continuous line only.

orabbit

Re: FishLINE v2

You've got the same problem again. They want the fish to be crooked in the thumbnail if that's the way it is on the shirt.

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
Re: FishLINE v2

Here we go again with another design that don't cross any line!