+ Add a Comment

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
Re: Oxygen Burning

Love the scientific element !

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
Re: Owline

This one is for my friend Mindy.She loves Owls, and really, who doesn't ?

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
flattopfrank wrote:I wish I could vote a thousand more times.... LOVE IT !!!!!

Thanks!!

dawnao

deborah11565 wrote:lord..... all I see now !

I know, once you spot it, you can't look away

dawnao

Re: Tiki Time (blue on black)

can't believe this doesn't have more votes

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
dawnao wrote:can't believe this doesn't have more votes

I bet if tiki man was crapping a rainbow, he'd already be in the fog. Something to consider

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer
Re: pi

a letter, made out of numbers, all in one line...crazy

morningsong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morningsong

This is very clever and I really like this owl.

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer
Re: Linear Algebra

I really don't want a shirt that says algebra on it...but it's just so awesome...

oakenspirit

quality posts: 59 Private Messages oakenspirit
harantula wrote:love it!

I'd actually prefer this without the words... very awesome though...

deborah11565

Mavyn wrote:Is the entire design within the printable area? Looks high by the neckline.

nope... it isn't, look close.

samjack56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samjack56
Re: Blue Bird v2

I lowered the design a little on the template and went with dark blue on light blue, what do you think? Is there another color combination anyone would rather see? This is all one big learning experience.

mothlab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mothlab
Re: It's a Tree!

I like how you rendered the differences in texture on the bark and leaves. Nice technique!

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: Can I Keep It?

This is one of my all time favorite designs. Now that doesn't hold much water because my favorite is a Boots design that didn't win. But anyhow, excellent.

mothlab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mothlab
Re: Midnight Masquerade Blue

The melding of what looks like a luna moth and an owl with the moon is a nice use of hidden language and image. As a silkworm geneticist I use the handle mothlab" and like your design in part because Luna is a wild silkmoth. I have no fear of moths but some people in my field do, so you're not alone. Am writing mainly to encourage you and hope the judges recognize the strength of your design even if the masses don't.

flattopfrank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flattopfrank
Mavyn wrote:Is the entire design within the printable area? Looks high by the neckline.

My speech is slurred because I love beer... and the design is 19" tall, well within their requirements.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
mrwednesday wrote:By crossing over I meant trace back. I didn't mean to imply that there were lines that X'ed across one another. I also realize that there are other designs that skirt the no tracing back over a line, but this one is by far the most egregious. There's at least four or five of the sharp points that absolutely could not be created by except by tracing back over the line (and no varying the line width, yet having them still touch giving the impression of tracing back over is not different than tracing back over).

I realize that there is a threshold level that many of the designs are pushing to not have rounded points, but I think this clearly crosses it. Putting in calligraphic elements to create points is one thing but the lines should separate at around a 45 degree angle. There are many here well below a 20 degree angle and some at less than 5 degrees.

Edit:

I'll also add that if you look around the derby so far none of the other designs have sharp elements like this one. The points on Patrick's web come close and I think are pushing it and some of the mane elements in truffle's unicorn, but I think this one is so different precisely because it pushed well past a reasonable level independently reached by at least a dozen people so far and where I think the limit reasonably should be.

It will be interesting to see what the rejectionator thinks is retracing. But this is by no means worse than the spiderweb, not really sure how you can make that argument. If they dq this one, they will have to get rid of the spider web, the unicorn, the dragon (tips of its wings) the seahorse (inside its snout) and octavious, just to name the leaderboard. I am not sure woot is ready to pull that trigger since most, like this, are done so well.

flattopfrank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flattopfrank
tomspc wrote:I bet if tiki man was crapping a rainbow, he'd already be in the fog. Something to consider

You are my new bestest friend !!!

deborah11565

tomspc wrote:I bet if tiki man was crapping a rainbow, he'd already be in the fog. Something to consider

Oh My Failing Grades!.... I just fell out of my chair reading this !! too friggin funny !!!!!

deborah11565

deborah11565 wrote:Oh My Failing Grades!.... I just fell out of my chair reading this !! too friggin funny !!!!!

I did not write failing grades..... UGH MY GOD..... GOSH.... whatever. It is my GOD why can't I write it !

pantilemon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantilemon
Re: Albert LineStein

I've never tried line art before, but this was a lot of fun!

orabbit

quality posts: 28 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Owline

Reminds me of Bubo from Clash Of The Titans. I was thinking of doing something very similar, but you really nailed it!

orabbit

Re: Tug o Carotene

Great concept!

orabbit

mothlab wrote:The melding of what looks like a luna moth and an owl with the moon is a nice use of hidden language and image. As a silkworm geneticist I use the handle mothlab" and like your design in part because Luna is a wild silkmoth. I have no fear of moths but some people in my field do, so you're not alone. Am writing mainly to encourage you and hope the judges recognize the strength of your design even if the masses don't.

Thanks so much for your comment, mothlab. Yes, it's a luna alright. Can you make fabric from luna cocoons? I never quite put it together that silkworms are moths. I'll have to dwell on that next time I wear silk boxers.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

the keys

large image here

the keys by artulo, on Flickr

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
oakenspirit wrote:I'd actually prefer this without the words... very awesome though...

CONCUR!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: the keys

Not usually one for skull shirts but this is really sharp. Love the color combo too.

mrwednesday

orabbit wrote:Great concept!

I concur and the colors are really nice. The upper figure looks very much like a canid to me, though. Throws it off a little bit, but otherwise really fantastic.

cubeking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cubeking
Re: The Ultimate Fibonacci Spiral

Wow this is the best math shirt in the derby. I would be down for three!

mrwednesday

Re: The parallel world v.2

Very nice.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
lloyd2002 wrote:How is this not pop culture?

How is it?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
mothlab wrote:I like how you rendered the differences in texture on the bark and leaves. Nice technique!

Thank you very much!

samjack56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samjack56
Re: Albert LineStein

This is a pretty awesome concept, well executed.

orabbit

Re: Seahorse

Nice work! Also, I love your distinguished beast in the DBH tournament. Cool idea.

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365
omarfeliciano wrote:I really like the light effect coming from the right side. Nicely done!

Thank you.

photogrartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages photogrartist
Re: Extinction V.2

Your designs are always amazing walmazan. I have one question for you if you have time to respond: How do you make all your corners pointed?

In AI, I noticed that the pointed corner of an angle made with the pen tool goes flat as soon as the angle gets to acute. How did you make all your angles pointed? If you used AI, did you simply not make your angles too acute? Thanks!

Don't go swimming.
My mind is a strange place.

mapinto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mapinto
Re: Tug o Carotene

DOPE! +1

paxdomino

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paxdomino
goneferal wrote:This looks like a lot of work went into it. Cute little acorn. +1

Thank you very much!

paxdomino

bassanimation wrote:Great job here, you've really kept the negative spaces very uniform. Awesome job and great illustration!

Thank you!

paxdomino

wottwin wrote:Great looking design! I like your color choices.

Thanks! I hope everyone likes green :-)