81%
4%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo

That's the cutest little whatever the hell it's supposed to be ever!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

That Chupa totally sucks. :p

Congratulations on the print, Bass!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Congrats on the feisty character Bass. Sharp design, in more ways than one. Well deserved print.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Some one close her blinds, quick!

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Wait, does this mean we get the fat, dancing rat gif? (I hope?)

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Great Design! I'm tired and need to get up early for work tomorrow so i cranked out a quick one.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates

16th place, huh? Gutsy move, very gutsy move... Congrats, bassanimation!

bagawe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bagawe

How comes we can't see the vote tally for the entries in the fog? They don't gots to be secret no more.

mnerd

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mnerd

Actually this doesn't really make much sense. The Copacabana is a beach in Brazil, and the chupacabra is a Mexican folklore creature. Though I suppose a cabana could could be used in mexico, and this might not be a reference to the copacabana. I'm still, however not sold.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Very nice bass

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

Awesome graphic. I'm in. I would have ordered more for the kiddies, but the suck part is deal-breaker at school.

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
benjaminleebates wrote:16th place, huh? Gutsy move, very gutsy move... Congrats, bassanimation!

A gutsy move would be to choose a 16th place design of a non-frequently printed artist.

tritone917

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tritone917

I caught a glimpse of this and thought briefly that it might be a taco cat, but alas no.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Evil green blood sucking critters never looked so cute. ^_^

mnerd wrote:Actually this doesn't really make much sense. The Copacabana is a beach in Brazil, and the chupacabra is a Mexican folklore creature. Though I suppose a cabana could could be used in mexico, and this might not be a reference to the copacabana. I'm still, however not sold.

Well then consider the word "cabana" itself. Courtesy of wikipedia: "A cabana or cabaña is a structure of either of these types: an 'indigenous hut' or a 'recreational structure'."

It is likely that the word "Copacabana" is a combination word from a root language which various Spanish and Portuguese languages share.

ciabelle

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ciabelle
mnerd wrote:Actually this doesn't really make much sense. The Copacabana is a beach in Brazil, and the chupacabra is a Mexican folklore creature. Though I suppose a cabana could could be used in mexico, and this might not be a reference to the copacabana. I'm still, however not sold.

"Cocína de la Chupa" may be slightly more grammatically correct en español, but as is it implies a taco shack which still makes sense.

Plus it's great wordplay in its reference to the legendary Chupacabra.

Not a shirt I'd wear, and I'd probably have to explain it to my husband a couple times before he got it, but an excellent design and great EC! Congrats Bass!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Yaaay, the Chupster! Thanks so much for this print, Woot! I had a lot of fun drawing this little guy. Finally he's out of my head and in the world. ^_^ Hope everyone enjoys his suck-ulent goodness!

etherium

quality posts: 23 Private Messages etherium

Would have been a much nicer design without the "Suck in succulent" tagline. The artwork was strong enough without that.

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

Was this from the "Stupid Tshirts Nobody Will Buy" Derby? Seriously, I used to love shirt.woot. Then they lied and said they needed to make up "costs" and jacked up the price. Then they went to shirts that don't fit as well. This is what happens when a major corporation buys a company and starts messing it up. flunk you Amazon. Stick to your own site.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

This t-shirt is so good it may cause the restaurant to spontaneously exist.

Spot on colors, styling and characterisation. Yay, bass!

baseproduct

quality posts: 5 Private Messages baseproduct

But... there's no "suck" in succulent. See?

gingerschnapps

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gingerschnapps
etherium wrote:Would have been a much nicer design without the "Suck in succulent" tagline. The artwork was strong enough without that.

I completely agree. I don't want to buy the shirt because of it. I'm a bit disappointed about having to pass it up because of text.

btrotta

quality posts: 3 Private Messages btrotta

Sing along.....

At the Chupa, Chupa Cabana.
The hottest spot north of Havana.

Music and Passion were always the fashion
At the Chupa.....

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut
Kuragari wrote:Was this from the "Stupid Tshirts Nobody Will Buy" Derby? Seriously, I used to love shirt.woot. Then they lied and said they needed to make up "costs" and jacked up the price. Then they went to shirts that don't fit as well. This is what happens when a major corporation buys a company and starts messing it up. flunk you Amazon. Stick to your own site.

Bye bye...

etherium wrote:Would have been a much nicer design without the "Suck in succulent" tagline. The artwork was strong enough without that.

gingerschnapps wrote:I completely agree. I don't want to buy the shirt because of it. I'm a bit disappointed about having to pass it up because of text.

Agreed.

fgarriel

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fgarriel

It should've been "Chalupacabra"

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I never thought of tacos as succulent before.

Also, someone tell that thing he's eating it wrong. It's going to fall apart everywhere!

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

Yay! Got one. Great design, bass!

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD

I don't think I've ever been more excited for a shirt to get printed. Congrats, Bass! Awesome job! I'm in for 2!

thejake78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thejake78

Awesome design! I would totally eat at the Chupa Cabana

nightheir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nightheir

Sorry artist, but I cant get into this shirt.

There is a restaurant if you want to call it that. Just replace Chupa with Taco and hit a search engine.

On their own web page they have comments from fans, second post reads "I just had the worst experience ever with your chain in..."

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
nightheir wrote:Sorry artist, but I cant get into this shirt.

There is a restaurant if you want to call it that. Just replace Chupa with Taco and hit a search engine.

On their own web page they have comments from fans, second post reads "I just had the worst experience ever with your chain in..."

Given that the artist lives in the Austin area, I'm pretty sure she knows about TC. I assumed it was part of the joke, actually.

Congrats on the print Bass! A surprise but a happy one!

polypho

quality posts: 1 Private Messages polypho

Must be a goat taco.

shakedowndave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shakedowndave
ciabelle wrote:"Cocína de la Chupa" may be slightly more grammatically correct en español, but as is it implies a taco shack which still makes sense.

Actually, it should be Chupa Cabaña, but the pronunciation with the tilde doesn't sound as nice as the English pronunication of cabana. I think it's a pretty awesome name.

To another poster, there is also a quite famous 'Taco Cabana' in Atlanta. Great place for tex-mex at 1 AM.

TfxSoldier

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TfxSoldier

Very nice design and quite original. I wish the Woot shirts were higher quality and came in tall sizes, otherwise I'd buy in a heartbeat.

Is that a beef or chicken taco?

~Tfx

fishphotoguy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fishphotoguy
fgarriel wrote:It should've been "Chalupacabra"

My mind went there too, I think the Chalupacabra has real marketing potential. Trademark him quick, Bass!

skatimmy737 wrote:I never thought of tacos as succulent before.

You're doing it wrong.

ralenth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralenth

Seriously adorable. I'll need a backup shirt.

fabgab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fabgab

This is not the most obscure reference to ever hit Woot. You know, it's nice to see something that will only appeal to a subset of the populace. Hell, it's just nice to see something that isn't Star Wars or Nintendo or... yeah, you get the picture.

I grew up in Texas, so I get it. And if the only people who DO get it have to be those who pay attention to lore from one of our closest neighbours, then so be it.

Buying it, wearing it, and if people don't get it, guess how many rat's behinds I give. :P

mattdocmartin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattdocmartin
Kuragari wrote:Was this from the "Stupid Tshirts Nobody Will Buy" Derby? Seriously, I used to love shirt.woot. Then they lied and said they needed to make up "costs" and jacked up the price. Then they went to shirts that don't fit as well. This is what happens when a major corporation buys a company and starts messing it up. flunk you Amazon. Stick to your own site.

Why are you here then?

Awesome shirt, Bass!!!

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ

im glad to see this get printed!! i think it was the best design in the derby.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Until I feel confident the production side has overcome their growing pains, I'm loath to buy anything with this much reliance on halftones lest it turn out to be a muddy mess.

move along