deedlebee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deedlebee

Can someone explain why this shirt (in 16th place) was mysteriously chosen instead of the 2nd place shirt? Do votes not matter anymore?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
deedlebee wrote:Can someone explain why this shirt (in 16th place) was mysteriously chosen instead of the 2nd place shirt? Do votes not matter anymore?

Woot is running an experiment at the moment where the 1st place is chosen by the voters, 2nd place by the Woot art editors, and 3rd place by a guest editor. That means tomorrow's shirt will be picked by Walmazan, so stay tuned for that!

LuckySevens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LuckySevens

Oh Man! I love Taco Cabana, this is too good!

lonelypond

quality posts: 421 Private Messages lonelypond

ha! deadly cute.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

So Bass, what was your sales?
Congrats on the late shirt printing. Quality vs. punctuality.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
TheGolux wrote:So Bass, what was your sales?
Congrats on the late shirt printing. Quality vs. punctuality.

Looks like Im just at 800. Sorry it wasnt a summer blockbuster, sale-wise anyway ^^;. Im still happy everyone enjoyed The Chupacabana . Thank you for giving him life, Woot!

Kerig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Kerig
bassanimation wrote:Looks like Im just at 800. Sorry it wasnt a summer blockbuster, sale-wise anyway ^^;. Im still happy everyone enjoyed The Chupacabana . Thank you for giving him life, Woot!

IMHO, it was one of the nicest Woot shirts I've seen all summer long, which is why I bought one! My first non-usa-made shirt purchase since the change-over, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the detail of your crisp design comes through. Hope to see more of your designs in the future!

bassanimation

Kerig wrote:IMHO, it was one of the nicest Woot shirts I've seen all summer long, which is why I bought one! My first non-usa-made shirt purchase since the change-over, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the detail of your crisp design comes through. Hope to see more of your designs in the future!

Thank you, Kerig!

deedlebee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deedlebee
Spiritgreen wrote:Woot is running an experiment at the moment where the 1st place is chosen by the voters, 2nd place by the Woot art editors, and 3rd place by a guest editor. That means tomorrow's shirt will be picked by Walmazan, so stay tuned for that!

Wow. No wonder Shirt.woot had seemed so much less interesting lately. Disappointing.

I was an avid purchaser before the site change, and although I continue to check the new shirts each day, I haven't been moved by a single entry. The mid-week shirts have often felt like clipart designs instead of something genuinely artistic.

I really, really want to see awesome shirts again, but I guess it's more important to Woot for some random expert to choose for us instead. Voting seems pretty pointless now.

bassanimation

deedlebee wrote:Wow. No wonder Shirt.woot had seemed so much less interesting lately.
I really, really want to see awesome shirts again, but I guess it's more important to Woot for some random expert to choose for us instead. Voting seems pretty pointless now.

Im a bit worried about the lack of voter turnout myself. I feel that, while the new rules are sort of nice for us community/artist folks, the voters sort of get cut out. This isnt necessarily a good thing, as it's the voters who really brought the excitement to the party .

lckylbstr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lckylbstr

Doesn't the chupa cabra have four fangs?

Kerig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Kerig
lckylbstr wrote:Doesn't the chupa cabra have four fangs?

Really? That's a gripe?
Next time I see one in person I'll be sure to count them!

cjainsworth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjainsworth

This shirt makes me want Torchy's Tacos.

fishphotoguy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fishphotoguy

I'm gonna wear mine to Torchys.

Taco Tuesday here we come.

Bass, I'll be watching to see how long it takes for Chuy's to steal this character.

StuC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StuC

I bought one for me and my girlfriend who's from the Phillipines, do you know what Chupa means in tagalog language?
Has something to do with the suck part....hehehe

pinki1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinki1

this is my first woot and i absolutely love it. he is so fun, i will wear everywhere, and faithfully check for more designs. thanks.

addieemckenney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages addieemckenney

I am so excited to get my shirt! I love this interpretation of the Chupa Cabra, he reminds me of a bat!

toodamnninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toodamnninja

hard to resist this one, although it would be even better if it were available in the purple-ish colour in which it received a short-lived printing as an apron... (around hallowe'en i think? old out before i could snag one!)

please, Woot? pretty please?