WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Heavy Lifting

Speed to First Woot:
0m 28.778s
First Sucker:
sexynemesis
Last Wooter to Woot:
gecon
Last Purchase:
4 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 38% of Shirt Woots
Top 26% of all Woots
Woots Sold:
2420

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 95% second woot
  • 5% < 10 woots
  • 0% < 25 woots
  • 0% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 9% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 21% one year old
  • 67% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 95% bought 1
  • 4% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

7%
4%
2%
1%
1%
2%
4%
5%
7%
7%
6%
6%
4%
4%
6%
3%
3%
3%
3%
5%
5%
4%
4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Percentage of Sales Per Day

70%
7%
5%
5%
5%
3%
4%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Parkertron


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Parkertron

Is it an African or European swallow?

swankyspoon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages swankyspoon

"Is it an African or European swallow?"

European. The African is non-migratory.

Angelwing


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Angelwing

But we still don't know if it is an African or European Swallow shown on the shirt. =(

Assassin15


quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

HEY GUYS THIS IS A MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL JOKE SO DON'T SAY YOU DON'T GET IT SINCE I JUST TOLD YOU WHAT IT'S REFERENCING KTHXBAI

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

jshoop231


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jshoop231

Would be great if it didn't look like a bowling ball.

bluejester


quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

The design is amusing and all, but I'm beginning to feel that if there isn't a derby involved, I can almost guarantee the daily shirt is going to be an over-used pop culture tee shirt riff.

Not trying to rag on the designer, just getting a little sad here guys...

Shinespark


quality posts: 31 Private Messages Shinespark

I predict very few females buying this.

jessicar64


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicar64
Shinespark wrote:I predict very few females buying this.



Because we don't like birds carrying bowling balls? Now if it looked like a coconut . . .

wootdougwoot


quality posts: 11 Private Messages wootdougwoot

I could have sworn it was decided that a 5 oz bird could not carry a 1 lbs coconut. It's a simple question of weight ratios...

This shirt is bunk....

Has anyone seen my velociraptor?

keithsdragons


quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithsdragons

Color should be knight.

CowboyDann


quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann



Heh Heh Heh. I'm not stopping.

tsfisch


quality posts: 39 Private Messages tsfisch
CowboyDann wrote:

Heh Heh Heh. I'm not stopping.





But it looks nothing like a coconut. I even told my wife "this shirt would be better if it was not a bowling ball. Why didn't they use a coconut?"

Had it been something that even vaguely resembled a coconut, I probably would have bought it.

child765


quality posts: 4 Private Messages child765

More "fur" on the coconut would have helped it look like a coconut.

stormchaserbh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stormchaserbh
tsfisch wrote:

Had it been something that even vaguely resembled a coconut, I probably would have bought it.



Same here... too bad, I really liked it otherwise.

133 Woots, including 4 BeeOhCees, 18 LeakFrogs, 19 SanDisk MP3 players, 6 Screaming Woot Monkeys and a pair of Woot-Off Lights!! (But no Bacon Salt or Roombas yet)

CowboyDann


quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
tsfisch wrote:But it looks nothing like a coconut. I even told my wife "this shirt would be better if it was not a bowling ball. Why didn't they use a coconut?"

Had it been something that even vaguely resembled a coconut, I probably would have bought it.




Looks close enough to me. Also, I don't know what kind of lopsided bowling balls you play with More fur might have helped, but it's there, you can see a few strands.

While it's not a print I'd buy, I still think the joke is easy enough to get.

ucancallmetrina


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ucancallmetrina
wootdougwoot wrote:I could have sworn it was decided that a 5 oz bird could not carry a 1 lbs coconut. It's a simple question of weight ratios...

This shirt is bunk....



but what if there were two swallows with a string tied between them...?

szuccon1


quality posts: 2 Private Messages szuccon1

I would have thought he would have gripped in my the husk.

duckduckfish


quality posts: 5 Private Messages duckduckfish
CowboyDann wrote:

Heh Heh Heh. I'm not stopping.



I <3 this!
I didn't get why a bird would be carrying a bowling ball. I thought it had something to do with a bird pooping on your head or something.

Now I know why I didn't get the joke. I'm not familiar with Monty Python.

Thanks CowboyDann!!!

Craigmar


quality posts: 10 Private Messages Craigmar

This is an obscure reference from a 37 year old movie. Too inside? I saw the movie...35 years ago.

mwilfred


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwilfred

"BE AWARE"?! Seriously, where do you see that as TWO words anymore unless it was intentional (reference to the Monty Python movie again)? That spoils it for me sadly. I'd have considered this shirt if it said "BEWARE" like all other warning signs. Call me a purist. LOL

lete


quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete
swankyspoon wrote:"Is it an African or European swallow?"

European. The African is non-migratory.



It's a paradox, The African swallow is non migratory and the European swallow can't carry a coconut no matter where he grips it.

P4UL


quality posts: 0 Private Messages P4UL

Best when worn with a friend wearing this shirt.

enkii


quality posts: 0 Private Messages enkii

CowboyDann, you're a life saver. I was scratching my head for a good 10 minutes before I finally gave in and looked at your reference cheat sheet. :I

PocketBrain


quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

What's that finch dong with a bowling ball?

hardrockinmofo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages hardrockinmofo
jshoop231 wrote:Would be great if it didn't look like a bowling ball.


I also saw a bowling ball when upon first seeing it!

sgtgreeneusmc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc
Craigmar wrote:This is an obscure reference from a 37 year old movie. Too inside? I saw the movie...35 years ago.



You are a heathen. I think we should see if you float.

sgtgreeneusmc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc
mwilfred wrote:"BE AWARE"?! Seriously, where do you see that as TWO words anymore unless it was intentional (reference to the Monty Python movie again)? That spoils it for me sadly. I'd have considered this shirt if it said "BEWARE" like all other warning signs. Call me a purist. LOL



Good point

zanuhdu


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zanuhdu
wootdougwoot wrote:I could have sworn it was decided that a 5 oz bird could not carry a 1 lbs coconut. It's a simple question of weight ratios...

This shirt is bunk....



Yep!! I was gonna say the same thing.... Guess I won't be buying this Monty python shirt. Plus I already have the shirt that correctly displays two birds carrying it together. . http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/44555/a-simple-question-of-weight-ratios-v2

Bieeanda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bieeanda
jshoop231 wrote:Would be great if it didn't look like a bowling ball.



Coconuts do have those equilateral markings under the hull and scratchy bits, actually. It's just an unfortunate resemblance.

devoyr


quality posts: 4 Private Messages devoyr
duckduckfish wrote:I <3 this!
I didn't get why a bird would be carrying a bowling ball. I thought it had something to do with a bird pooping on your head or something.

Now I know why I didn't get the joke. I'm not familiar with Monty Python.

Thanks CowboyDann!!!




DDF, this should make it crystal clear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzcLQRXW6B0

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bluejester wrote:The design is amusing and all, but I'm beginning to feel that if there isn't a derby involved, I can almost guarantee the daily shirt is going to be an over-used pop culture tee shirt riff


There are just as many, if not more, pop culture shirts coming out of the derby. Sell what sells.

move along

zdecker


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zdecker

For further discussion, see this other shirt's thread.



skatimmy737


quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Never have I read so many non-verbatim Monty Python quotes. For shame!

darthbob14


quality posts: 5 Private Messages darthbob14

All you complainers, look on the bright side; At least they're not suggesting coconuts migrate.

And yes, I agree with skatimmy737. If you're gonna quote the movie, could you at least do it right?

"Finally, an excuse to nuke France!"

baseproduct


quality posts: 5 Private Messages baseproduct

Awesome Kingpin shirt!

jaimelobo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaimelobo
mwilfred wrote:"BE AWARE"?! Seriously, where do you see that as TWO words anymore unless it was intentional (reference to the Monty Python movie again)? That spoils it for me sadly. I'd have considered this shirt if it said "BEWARE" like all other warning signs. Call me a purist. LOL

Actually, they are *purist*, not you. Monthy Python is British and a sign with "Be Aware" (two words) would be perfectly correct. Here's a few places to see it as two words.

http://www.keysignsuk.co.uk/safety-signs-uk.asp?ProductID=6980

http://www.archersafetysigns.co.uk/prod.php?prod=6373

kalel15


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalel15

King Arthur: "It could grip it by the husk!"

So clearly this shirt represents an Arthurian Perspective.

and let us not forget, "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

jolator


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jolator
jessicar64 wrote:Because we don't like birds carrying bowling balls? Now if it looked like a coconut . . .



This swallow needs a collared shirt with its bowling team name (African, European, whichever) embroidered on the back.

kar131313


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kar131313
kalel15 wrote:King Arthur: "It could grip it by the husk!"

So clearly this shirt represents an Arthurian Perspective.

and let us not forget, "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."



That's telling them. And to the guys who don't like Monty Python quotes, I would have said, "Ni!" but of course I now say, "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z' nourrwringmm..."