fishphotogal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fishphotogal
leilana80 wrote:I would say "mysterious" would be a more appropriate term for his former high school self... at least that what he seemed like to us young swooning gals.

He used a middle initial in high school?
That's weird.

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe

Google search "do a barrel roll"

Still works!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

General Pepper isn't lazy, he just gets everyone else to do all th.. okay I take your point.

:^)

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
zoniax wrote:No, it wasn't mediocre in the least (we're talking about Star Fox 64). .

No we're not. Star Fox pre-dates the N64. And yes, it was mediocre.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
llandar wrote:No we're not. Star Fox pre-dates the N64. And yes, it was mediocre.

We're talking N64 version. I thought that's where "do a barrel roll" came from. Was that phrase also in the original?

etbrandes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etbrandes
CowboyDann wrote:

A Very lazy image for a very lazy shirt.

One more reason it's lazy: it's not even a proper low-res font. Look at the F. It has a step in it that implies smaller "pixels" than any of the other letters do.
Sadly, I see this a lot on "8-bit" style art, where the artist doesn't obey a hard grid that the games of yore had to.

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid
bsmith1 wrote:We're talking N64 version. I thought that's where "do a barrel roll" came from. Was that phrase also in the original?

The phrase was not in the original SNES game, which is mediocre. The phrase originated in Star Fox 64, which is not mediocre, unless you're bad at it.

michaewlewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaewlewis
pupyluvr wrote:Not Impressed...

The other fox did a
no-handed 720 to barspin 360 triple backflip no handed superman seatgrab busdriver barrel roll tailwhip
over 3 lazy dogs!

...and still managed to miss the j.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
llandar wrote:No we're not. Star Fox pre-dates the N64. And yes, it was mediocre.

Llandar! It happens that I'm learning some basics in After Effects today - so I drew you having so much fun playing StarFox, remembering just how awesome it was

josidhe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages josidhe

This would've been more impressive if it had still managed to use all 26 letters of the alphabet. Knowing it doesn't (J, M, P) would always be in the back of my mind.

mtboensel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtboensel

If the design doesn't involve any actual drawing, you should at least make sure the sentence is a pangram, so that the text fulfills the concept. As several have said in previous comments, this just reads as a lazy "insert meme here" shirt. Disappointing.

jayjays

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayjays

Lazy meme shirt with text as funny as something I could have come up with on the toilet. Count me as +1 to not buying this shirt.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Congrats Nathan!:D

MegaOri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MegaOri

That's a pretty pop quiz shirt.

mkk161

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkk161

Thank you! That's all I wanted to say - the fox is RED and the dog is BROWN...

enkii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enkii

I don't think it's lazy at all. I think there's always elegance to a simple design such as this. Minimalism for the win!

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
leilana80 wrote:I would say "mysterious" would be a more appropriate term for his former high school self... at least that what he seemed like to us young swooning gals.

You forced me to google. Well hell-ooooo Nathan!

*does cartoon wolf eye-popping, tongue drooping, AH-OOOOGAH thing.*

shygote

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shygote

It's bad enough that the recent derby themes have given the (still very talented) artists nothing to work with, but the dailies have been god awful. As others have pointed out, this is a very lazy design.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

This is how the numbers get fixed! All I have to do is not check the numbers at the first day cut-off and they appear!

Thanks Code Monkeys!!!

Speed to First Woot: 1m 28.000s
First Sucker: malcolmkotok
Last Wooter to Woot: kmharri6
Last Purchase: an hour ago
Order Pace (rank): Bottom 37% of Shirt Woots Bottom 45% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 463

First day sales <463

harvestmoonperson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harvestmoonperson

I thought this was hilarious. Why does it say only 3 people bought this? If it's true I am happy to be named one of the 3. I'm gonna wear this one once I get it (and wash it of course)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

harvestmoonperson wrote:I thought this was hilarious. Why does it say only 3 people bought this? If it's true I am happy to be named one of the 3. I'm gonna wear this one once I get it (and wash it of course)

Are you seeing that number in the reckoning? That's the number of shirts sold after the first day. It's sold 494 shirts as of this post. You can see the number of sales in the first post of each shirt discussion thread.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders