zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

capguncowboy

quality posts: 15 Private Messages capguncowboy

She looks bored. Do they let men join?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

The plural form of Borg is Borg, Woot, not Borgs

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

racinreaver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages racinreaver

Somehow reminds me a bit of this t-shirt posted on deals.woot the other day.

http://www.teefury.com/archive/battle/1769

(Well, the one on the right at least.)

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

They don't have women in the engineering department, do they?

atgard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atgard

I assume it's a play on the whole "people on Star Trek in red shirts die early and often" theme.

Here's some good stuff to read while waiting for a new Woot:
www.rightascension.com

kinglizard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kinglizard

I feel like there should be a lot more red on this shirt.

TheCrazyCapn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCrazyCapn

How well timed! I just finished watching the whole original series last night.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 50 Private Messages pupyluvr

Stay away from the guys in the red shirts!

Conclusion:
We can reliably improve the survivability of the red-shirted crewmen by only exploring peaceful, female-only planets (android and alien females included).

shygote

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shygote

Way too busy with words, corny illustration, and yet another neutral-colored blank (instead of red?!) Pass.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape

I'm a huge Star Trek fan (love TNG!) but I'm just not feeling this one.

Instead, I shall wear my Bake It So shirt tomorrow!

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

I wish that this was printed on red, but if it was, would it make it too dangerous to wear.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Man I'm sleepy, here is a meh post from me. Enjoy, gonna try and help out other posts real quick and goto sleep

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82
thewronggrape wrote:I'm a huge Star Trek fan (love TNG!) but I'm just not feeling this one.

Instead, I shall wear my Bake It So shirt tomorrow!

Agreed. I'm always up for Star Trek references, but I think I'll wear A Warrior's Drink instead! (I wore Bake It So a couple of days ago)

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

sgtgreeneusmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc
kinglizard wrote:I feel like there should be a lot more red on this shirt.

This shirt is good (I bought one) but it would have been GREAT if it had been red.

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

As a Security Manager, FML.

sgtgreeneusmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc
atgard wrote:I assume it's a play on the whole "people on Star Trek in red shirts die early and often" theme.

You "assume?" You should be keel-hauled all the way to the next starbase!

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

HAH! Red shirts. That's like the only Star Trek joke I can reliably get. I'm a bad fan. *ducks head in shame*

This would make an awesome poster, debating getting the shirt. It is tempting to me, even as a faux-Trekkie.

penwynd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages penwynd

If it was art on the side of the Enterprise, I could see it. As a grey shirt? Meh!

theimmc

quality posts: 10 Private Messages theimmc

On a sorta related topic, John Scalzi's book Redshirts is a very good sci-fi comedy about, well, redshirts. The audiobook is narrated by Wil Wheaton, who did a wonderful job with the book.

evilmonkey85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilmonkey85

i'm kind of disappointed that it's a red dress and not a red shirt. i know sex sells, but it's the red shirt rule, not red dress.

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

close, but no. too many words.

mistamoose

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose

Should've been red. Pass. Too bad.

wharper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wharper

Time to first Wooter being barred from flying by TSA?

2 weeks

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

Ironically, the first (by air date) extra shown to be killed was wearing blue.

The poor security guards, however, had a tendency die in groups.

leptogenesis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leptogenesis

So much negativity! I, for one, think this shirt is great. I also disagree that it should be red. It's meant to be a Starfleet Security recruitment poster on a t-shirt, not a joke about how the wearer of the shirt is going to die. It's refreshing to see a t-shirt bearing a redshirt gag without feeling the need to be red itself.

Bottom line: if you want a Starfleet Security t-shirt and you insist it be red, go buy http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/9722/ instead, and leave this perfectly nice t-shirt alone.

My avatar wears a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

preludachris8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages preludachris8

Almost but then I saw the Trek😝

dfunk29

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29
CowboyDann wrote:

Man I'm sleepy, here is a meh post from me. Enjoy, gonna try and help out other posts real quick and goto sleep

Thank you for posting this! There seem to be a lot of people who aren't getting the concept of Karen's shirt.

I think it's funny that she's depicted a "pin-up girl poster" for something like Star Trek, so far from that time period.

The shirt could be red, but then she wouldn't "pop" as much. Black is out, because of the details.

The shirt could be white, then there'd be trouble!

dfunk29

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29
leptogenesis wrote:So much negativity! I, for one, think this shirt is great. I also disagree that it should be red. It's meant to be a Starfleet Security recruitment poster on a t-shirt, not a joke about how the wearer of the shirt is going to die. It's refreshing to see a t-shirt bearing a redshirt gag without feeling the need to be red itself.

Bottom line: if you want a Starfleet Security t-shirt and you insist it be red, go buy http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/9722/ instead, and leave this perfectly nice t-shirt alone.

I agree completely, no one seems to be getting that, as you can see in my post that pretty much says the same things.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was thinking this.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

Would be better if the art work was on the back of the shirt.

djweissm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djweissm

I'd also like to point out that this shirt, in addition to not being red (which I think we can all agree is a misfire), lacks a certain attention to detail as well. Notice that the pinup girl is wearing a uniform from TOS. Further notice that the ship in the background is a Constitution-class refit from the movies where no "red shirts" were to be found. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who noticed this.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Ironically it was the effectiveness of this sexy campaign and the carnage in the away missions that followed it that led to the color of security shirts being changed in 2359.

The only way to get more recruits at that point was to give them captain's gold uniforms. True story.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
theimmc wrote:On a sorta related topic, John Scalzi's book Redshirts is a very good sci-fi comedy about, well, redshirts. The audiobook is narrated by Wil Wheaton, who did a wonderful job with the book.

Jonathan Coulton also wrote a song in support of the book of the same name. Check it out.

ChronoSquall14

kinglizard wrote:I feel like there should be a lot more red on this shirt.

Ha. You supply YOUR OWN RED.

Muahahahahahaha!!!

Nice to see some work of the very talented Karen Hallion on Woot!

tokillamichaelbird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tokillamichaelbird

I think someayoos is missing the point: it's a cross between star trek AND a pin-up girl poster, it doesn't have to be 100% accurate to the series. The dress, for instance - MUCH better than the red shirt. (Unless you're all being sarcastic and I'm just too slow - in which case, touché.)

I think it's cute. Too bad I'm a star wars fan...

OMGZ I HAVE A REALLY GOOD SIGNATURE

jbeige

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbeige
racinreaver wrote:Somehow reminds me a bit of this t-shirt posted on deals.woot the other day.

http://www.teefury.com/archive/battle/1769

(Well, the one on the right at least.)

That was my first thought too! I thought the shirt said "Join the Serenity Team"..

danlecompte

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danlecompte
djweissm wrote:...in addition to not being red (which I think we can all agree is a misfire)

I think people who don't get the concept will misguidedly complain that this should be red. You're entitled to your opinion but it's a recruitment poster, not a worn out joke that has to smash you in the face with the punchline. There's a perfectly good shirt at thinkgeek that someone already linked to if you'd like to go that route.

For all the ongoing complaints by entitled wooters crying that we need new ideas and they're tired of seeing the same overused jokes over and over, it's disappointing that so many people want this shirt to be less clever and understated than it is.

Congrats to the artist!

offline999

quality posts: 4 Private Messages offline999
bluetuba wrote:The plural form of Borg is Borg, Woot, not Borgs

Since all "individuals" are assimilated, there really is no plural of Borg anyway. There can be only one...

(Oops...that's Highlander...sorry)

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Oddly enough, after posing for this poster the model died in a freak volleyball accident. Go figure.

ChronoSquall14

jbeige wrote:That was my first thought too! I thought the shirt said "Join the Serenity Team"..

Well, it is NOT the same artist.

I was really trying not to mix up Karen Hallion and Bamboota. And failed.