Qiset

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Qiset

Maybe keep the same amount of red and make it with less shirt!

mrosem14

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrosem14
djweissm wrote:I'd also like to point out that this shirt, in addition to not being red (which I think we can all agree is a misfire), lacks a certain attention to detail as well. Notice that the pinup girl is wearing a uniform from TOS. Further notice that the ship in the background is a Constitution-class refit from the movies where no "red shirts" were to be found. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who noticed this.

This is a very good point. But it's still funny.

daaave33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daaave33

Hmm, all those words under the chair and still no supersize to read them. Oh well, another shirt I won't buy because I can't see it.

~ daaave33 ~

ciaralee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ciaralee

First shirt I've been really tempted to buy here in a long while, but reason won out. I've tried the Anvil shirts and I do not like them, Sam I am, so Woot will not be taking my money.

Great design though. Starfleet would totally advertise like this and the poor redshirts wouldn't know what hit them.

mazman426

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mazman426

Seems like the shirt should have a spot that says. "Speedy notification to your next of kin."

wolfwood316

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wolfwood316
djweissm wrote:I'd also like to point out that this shirt, in addition to not being red (which I think we can all agree is a misfire), lacks a certain attention to detail as well. Notice that the pinup girl is wearing a uniform from TOS. Further notice that the ship in the background is a Constitution-class refit from the movies where no "red shirts" were to be found. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who noticed this.

You are NOT the only one who noticed, because I too am a huge nerd. However, I think the refit cuts a much sexier silhouette so I prefer it.

wolfwood316

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wolfwood316

Artist! Put this on a poster, then take all of my moneys!

I'm more than half tempted to get this anyway, but am hesitating because of too many fit and quality issues with previous woot shirts.

ciaralee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ciaralee
wolfwood316 wrote:Artist! Put this on a poster, then take all of my moneys!

Or a mousepad or a coffee mug or any other item, really. I'd buy it as something other than a shirt.

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm
racinreaver wrote:Somehow reminds me a bit of this t-shirt posted on deals.woot the other day.

http://www.teefury.com/archive/battle/1769

(Well, the one on the right at least.)

I had the exact same thought.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary
daaave33 wrote:Hmm, all those words under the chair and still no supersize to read them. Oh well, another shirt I won't buy because I can't see it.

ummmmm - that's not a chair; that's a silhouette of a ship.

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

This is just poorly executed. It would be a good joke but it's too vague in referring to Star Trek.

c00livo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c00livo

reminds me of the miller high life beer girl on the moon

delisa52

quality posts: 1 Private Messages delisa52
lete wrote:They don't have women in the engineering department, do they?

They do! They even had a female chief engineer on Voyager.

etnom554

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etnom554

Doesn't need to be on red shirt, but think it doesn't pop on gray shirt. I think it would look better on light blue heather background ...

thanatos355

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thanatos355

This is not your father's Ensign Ricky!

Awesome shirt though. Absolutely love the ST themes. <3

quixilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quixilver
racinreaver wrote:Somehow reminds me a bit of this t-shirt posted on deals.woot the other day.

http://www.teefury.com/archive/battle/1769

(Well, the one on the right at least.)

That's bc they are both modeled after WW 2 nose art from bombers. Do a search and you'll see.

khallion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khallion
quixilver wrote:That's bc they are both modeled after WW 2 nose art from bombers. Do a search and you'll see.

Thanks so much, guys! Happy to print with Woot for the first time!
That Tee Fury one is by my friend Crystal, aka Bamboota. they both look similar because we were both looking at recruitment pin ups as our inspiration. She and I are in an artist's group together, and tend to bounce ideas off one another.

Hasteur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hasteur
theimmc wrote:On a sorta related topic, John Scalzi's book Redshirts is a very good sci-fi comedy about, well, redshirts. The audiobook is narrated by Wil Wheaton, who did a wonderful job with the book.

It was good up to a point (Up through the first Coda). The 2nd and 3rd codas really didn't have a purpose and felt like padding to a story that could have been better.

OrangeBug

quality posts: 4 Private Messages OrangeBug
ciaralee wrote:Or a mousepad or a coffee mug or any other item, really. I'd buy it as something other than a shirt.

Totally agree. This would be a good shopping bag or coffee cup.

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut
Kuragari wrote:This is just poorly executed. It would be a good joke but it's too vague in referring to Star Trek.

-1. How hard does it need to slap you in the face before you get it?

McLovin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages McLovin

Great job Khallion

If you don't like it don't buy it/do better and stop whining.

I cant do better and am down for one!

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
daaave33 wrote:Hmm, all those words under the chair and still no supersize to read them. Oh well, another shirt I won't buy because I can't see it.

if your mouse has a wheel on it you can hit the Ctrl button on your keyboard and spin the mouse wheel to zoom in and out so you can make whatever you are viewing bigger or smaller. either that or get some glasses

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

First day sales. 1066
:-)

resqspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages resqspc

A delightful shirt! Looking forward to premiering it at NanDesuKan this wwekend...

A Short by Merry Life in the Redshirts!

0ldeag1e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0ldeag1e
McLovin wrote:

If you don't like it don't buy it/do better and stop whining.

It's very slick artwork, but it doesn't reference the series' art enough. The techgeek one is better, but here's the t-shirt *I* would like to see: red v-neck, collar and cuffs black. Centered oversized TOS "A" breast-badge in black on both sides. Against it on front (in '50s roadmap style,) Ensign Mallory ("The Apple"), looking one way, body and phaser going the other (pink flesh, red shirt, partly backlit black hair, pants, boots, phaser.) Lettering in TOS title script (front): "JOIN STARFLEET SECURITY Go to interesting planets Meet interesting aliens Be killed by them" On rear (against badge,) boots only and some smoke; lettering: "He's dead, Jim."

kat62tee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kat62tee

Really really want Woot! To reprint this shirt, Please!!!!! I bought it but didn't realize that Woot! shirts are so generous fitting, much larger than the competitors. I wear mine as a night shirt, but would love to show off a better fitting one in public sometime. Don't change a thing about the design it's perfect on the grey tee!

paylusche

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paylusche

Oh yeah! I neeeeed to become a member of the sec team. Such nice colleagues there. Do you have a health plan and gratuities for long term employees?
Yours ...

PS: what's the girl's telecom ID?