WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Time once again for you to take a load off, t-shirt designers. This week we're going to dip into memory lane and drudge up all our recent Honorable Mentions for another go-round in voting to see who, once and for all, rises to the top.

Designers: if in the meantime you've opted out of including your design in the Double-Take Derby, or sold/submitted your Honorable Mention design somewhere else, email us at shirt@woot.com by noon (central) tomorrow and let us know. Any design found submitted for voting on another site, sold on another site, or for sale on another site will not be eligible for the Double-Take Derby and will be removed from consideration. Because we're jealous like that.

Quality Posts

• (1:05 PM, 8/30/2012) [STAFF] tgentry reveals the theme for Derby #268: Crosshatching!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

It's a bit unorthodox to have the Double Take this week, no? A little off the quarterly schedule.

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

Wow this is quick; I thought we still had another month to go! But it's very welcome--I've got a busy weekend ahead of me.

I've got four entries this go around, which doubles my previous record

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates

Any chance of an early hint for the following week's derby???

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

A. This double take does seem pretty early.
B. Will the double take follow the same new derby rules, or will it be purely democratic?
C. Any chance of knowing next week's theme? Last double take we were left in the dark.

orabbit4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orabbit4

Sweet! My first double-take. I've got two entries. I wish my Hamsterdance shirt had gotten HM'ed. I think it would have done well.

The Pen Is Mightier

Golden Nautilus

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi

I have three:

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano

That's a surprise!

I have two this time around.

And my personal favorite

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain

The Opossum doth return!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

I have one design for this. I was hoping they'd tell us the next theme so we could get a head start.

dcastello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcastello

My design "The Oz desires" will also be part of this double take

This´s the old image.
In the definitive archive I've made ​​some small improvements such as remove black smudges of their heads.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915

Be prepared

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

You guys want a heads up for Derby #268? No? Well too bad, here it is...

We loved the One Line derby so much we're going back to the artistic well with another redo... Crosshatching!

Rules?:

One Color.
No Pop Culture.
No Text.
EDIT: No halftones, dot, line or other. Just draw 'em!

Those are some serious limits, but you know what? It also makes for some beautiful art. Get crackin'.

omarfeliciano

tgentry wrote:You guys want a heads up for Derby #268? No? Well too bad, here it is...

We loved the One Line derby so much we're going back to the artistic well with another redo... Crosshatching!

Rules?:

One Color.
No Pop Culture.
No Text.

Those are some serious limits, but you know what? It also makes for some beautiful art. Get crackin'.

I LOVE IT!

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
tgentry wrote:You guys want a heads up for Derby #268? No? Well too bad, here it is...

Rules?:

One Color.
No Pop Culture.
No Text.

Wow, 8 days to crank out some masterpieces. Cool theme!

On another note, I wonder if the ghost of Ramy B will come back from the grave to get printed this derby?

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit

Are halftones allowed for the crosshatching derby?

If they are, I am certain this will be another controversial one...

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

oakenspirit wrote:Are halftones allowed for the crosshatching derby?

No halftones, dot or line. Let's keep those hatches organic.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
oakenspirit wrote:Are halftones allowed for the crosshatching derby?

feel free to take full advantage of any crosshatch filters in your design program of choice

move along

oakenspirit

tgentry wrote:No halftones, dot or line. Let's keep those hatches organic.

Beautiful

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
tgentry wrote:No halftones, dot or line. Let's keep those hatches organic.

Do they need to be certified organic?

I'm just hanging out, really.

oakenspirit

j5 wrote:feel free to take full advantage of any crosshatch filters in your design program of choice

Hm
Not sure if I am reading sarcasm or not.. I hope so...cause that sounds like cheating too,,

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
oakenspirit wrote:Hm
Not sure if I am reading sarcasm or not.. I hope so...cause that sounds like cheating too,,

I'm inclined to say the statement is meant to be taken more tongue-in-cheek than as sarcasm. But this is the interwebs, where it's hard to read people's meanings at times.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

Rules?:

One Color.
No Pop Culture.
No Text.

just out of curiosity... in derby #174 ("Crosshatch"), dooomcat subbed this entry, which was rejected for being "off-topic". it looks to me like there is crosshatching in there, so i was wondering, just to help people avoid being rejected this time around, why was that one off-topic?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
no1 wrote:just out of curiosity... in derby #174 ("Crosshatch"), dooomcat subbed this entry, which was rejected for being "off-topic". it looks to me like there is crosshatching in there, so i was wondering, just to help people avoid being rejected this time around, why was that one off-topic?

how many colors can you count? To be more clear, since it looks like the shirt color punches through, it was rejected for the crosshatch lines not being the primary color. Does that make sense?

move along

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
j5 wrote:how many colors can you count? To be more clear, since it looks like the shirt color punches through, it was rejected for the crosshatch lines not being the primary color. Does that make sense?

Yes, seems to me that if the crosshatch lines had been white and the horse body used the shirt for it's "color" then it would have been fine

EDIT: Ah, but my assumption is incorrect, as "Warpigs" from that derby also did the same type of thing with solid color and line color reversed http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/47283/warpigs

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
j5 wrote:how many colors can you count? To be more clear, since it looks like the shirt color punches through, it was rejected for the crosshatch lines not being the primary color. Does that make sense?

so negative lines are out?

benjaminleebates

runnerfrog13 wrote:Yes, seems to me that if the crosshatch lines had been white and the horse body used the shirt for it's "color" then it would have been fine

I would assume the same thing. NO FILLS

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
benjaminleebates wrote:I would assume the same thing. NO FILLS

EDIT: Ah, but my assumption is incorrect, as "Warpigs" from that derby also did the same type of thing with solid color and line color reversed http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/47283/warpigs

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
runnerfrog13 wrote:Yes, seems to me that if the crosshatch lines had been white and the horse body used the shirt for it's "color" then it would have been fine

no, it doesn't make sense to me. There's a one color requirement, and I see one color, white. It doesn't say that the shirt color can't be the color of the shirt, that I can see. It seems to be an odd choice, rejecting the design that is certainly crosshatched.

benjaminleebates

runnerfrog13 wrote:EDIT: Ah, but my assumption is incorrect, as "Warpigs" from that derby also did the same type of thing with solid color and line color reversed http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/47283/warpigs

GOOD CATCH! Yeah, we need some clarification from above.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
rasabi wrote:I have three:

In for 2 of this one.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Rules?:

One Color.
No Pop Culture.
No Text.

You're very kind to post this! Thanks, Travis!

lloyd2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002

Maybe I missed something, but I don't think I've seen Ramyb since the voting rules changed. Am I wrong?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Great timing for a double take! School just started this week and I'm exhausted! Thanks for the break, woot, and the heads up for the next derby. I have two this time around:

omarfeliciano

lloyd2002 wrote:Maybe I missed something, but I don't think I've seen Ramyb since the voting rules changed. Am I wrong?

He submitted THIS last derby.

His first submission since the rules changed

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
omarfeliciano wrote:He submitted THIS last derby.

I read somewhere in a forum that he was going to medical school which if it's true would take up all of his waking hours. And probably some of his sleeping ones too.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

omarfeliciano wrote:He submitted THIS last derby.

He also had one in the "Gold" derby. I'm too lazy to go link it right now, though. Zzzzzz...

okac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages okac

would this one be part of this derby:
14 Karat Gold

?
cause i NEED this darn shirt to print

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
okac wrote:would this one be part of this derby:
14 Karat Gold

?
cause i NEED this darn shirt to print

That shirt was an HM for that derby, so it'll be up for voting again during the Double-Take.