PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Running a second one colour derby so soon after the first while bringing the double-take derby forward has me wondering if there is something holding up printing or production behind the scenes.

I have no cause to complain though. Detailed pop free designs seems to be where my thinking goes. Look out for a heavily detailed, obscure idea that still comes in late because I don't know when to say enough.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
no1 wrote:so negative lines are out?
Josephus wrote:no, it doesn't make sense to me. There's a one color requirement, and I see one color, white. It doesn't say that the shirt color can't be the color of the shirt, that I can see. It seems to be an odd choice, rejecting the design that is certainly crosshatched.
runnerfrog13 wrote:EDIT: Ah, but my assumption is incorrect, as "Warpigs" from that derby also did the same type of thing with solid color and line color reversed http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/47283/warpigs

I think what maybe got her was that gray field in the comp. I at first thought 2 colors until I looked closer.

PixelPants wrote:Running a second one colour derby so soon after the first while bringing the double-take derby forward has me wondering if there is something holding up printing or production behind the scenes.

I concur

move along

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
PixelPants wrote:Running a second one colour derby so soon after the first while bringing the double-take derby forward has me wondering if there is something holding up printing or production behind the scenes.

I've been wondering the same thing. Between these two "easy to print" derbies, an early "Double Take" (whose designs they could have had time to work on), the VERY light moderator coverage during the derbies, really simple dailies, and the production issues with recently printed T's, my Six Sigma senses have been screaming "Behind the scenes issues" for a little while now.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I have no cause to complain though. Detailed pop free designs seems to be where my thinking goes. Look out for a heavily detailed, obscure idea that still comes in late because I don't know when to say enough.

FWIW, my copy of Wishful Thinking was spot on.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
okac wrote:would this one be part of this derby:
14 Karat Gold

?
cause i NEED this darn shirt to print

Oh yes that's my one shirt for the derby! So it should be back for votes! YAY, people remember!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux
omarfeliciano wrote:He submitted THIS last derby.

His first submission since the rules changed

THIS was his submission for Gold which came before the last derby. A Sunday sub and I missed it.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

All I wanted to eat every single day growing up as a child was Mac & Cheese. So, obviously that shirt would suit me best. ;-)

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike

Will shirts that win from the Gold Derby still be printed in gold metallic ink? That seems like a deal-breaker for my votes if not.

Yeah, so there's that...

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Will the Double Take use the new selection process? If so, who is the guest editor?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Mavyn wrote:Will the Double Take use the new selection process? If so, who is the guest editor?

We'll go with straight up democracy for 1st-3rd this week since we'll have the editor's picks next week. Power to the people!

p0ckets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p0ckets

Might be a silly question - but when you say "halftones, dot, line or other" - can an image have i.e. a single line for an outline, with crosshatching inside?

I'm fine with one colour, no halftones etc - just wanted to know if I am allowed an outline or not.

Cheers

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
p0ckets wrote:Might be a silly question - but when you say "halftones, dot, line or other" - can an image have i.e. a single line for an outline, with crosshatching inside?

I'm fine with one colour, no halftones etc - just wanted to know if I am allowed an outline or not.

Cheers

Sure can

move along

lloyd2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002
p0ckets wrote:Might be a silly question - but when you say "halftones, dot, line or other" - can an image have i.e. a single line for an outline, with crosshatching inside?

Cheers

See the last crosshatch derby for examples on what they deemed acceptable last time around: http://shirt.woot.com/derby/archive/174/crosshatch

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Just over 100 votes separating 1st to 10th place. A close race for those who were in it, but no designs that ran ahead of the pack as far as voter popularity goes.