neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Re: FSM

Pennyflip, the "Double-Take Derbies" are only for entries to previous Derbies that received an Honorable Mention from woot's shirt editors. Usually, the mechanism to submit new entries to the Derby is closed during the Double-Take Derbies. When shirt staff notice, they'll delete your designs from the Derby, but since it's a holiday weekend, that might not be until Tuesday. Knowing that these two designs will be removed by Tuesday, would you be willing to remove them yourself since you're still within the 24 hour window to remove designs? I'm afraid that the hiccup of allowing new submissions to the Double-Take Derby will distract attention from the designs that woot intended to be in the Double-Take Derby. Both of the designs that you re-submitted have great concepts and 60 votes is great for a new artist. Keep submitting and maybe you'll get an HM and be in the next Double-Take Derby!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

neuropsychosocial

Re: Monkey Island

Pennyflip, the "Double-Take Derbies" are only for entries to previous Derbies that received an Honorable Mention from woot's shirt editors. Usually, the mechanism to submit new entries to the Derby is closed during the Double-Take Derbies. When shirt staff notice, they'll delete your designs from the Derby, but since it's a holiday weekend, that might not be until Tuesday. Knowing that these two designs will be removed by Tuesday, would you be willing to remove them yourself since you're still within the 24 hour window to remove designs? I'm afraid that the hiccup of allowing new submissions to the Double-Take Derby will distract attention from the designs that woot intended to be in the Double-Take Derby. Both of the designs that you re-submitted have great concepts and 60 votes is great for a new artist. Keep submitting and maybe you'll get an HM and be in the next Double-Take Derby!

neuropsychosocial

orabbit wrote:OK then. Since the barn door got left open...

Oh no you didn't! Come on, orabbit: this isn't a mature way to deal with the mistake. At the moment, it's one artist who clearly wasn't aware of what the Double-Take Derby meant, but if entries start getting added willy-nilly, this Derby is going to become a serious mess, very quickly, and you know perfectly well that staff will remove these designs.

Yes, staff made a few huge mistakes with this Derby, forgetting the Book HMs and leaving the Derby open, but let's not compound their mistakes.

pennyflip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennyflip
neuropsychosocial wrote:Pennyflip, the "Double-Take Derbies" are only for entries to previous Derbies that received an Honorable Mention from woot's shirt editors. Usually, the mechanism to submit new entries to the Derby is closed during the Double-Take Derbies. When shirt staff notice, they'll delete your designs from the Derby, but since it's a holiday weekend, that might not be until Tuesday. Knowing that these two designs will be removed by Tuesday, would you be willing to remove them yourself since you're still within the 24 hour window to remove designs? I'm afraid that the hiccup of allowing new submissions to the Double-Take Derby will distract attention from the designs that woot intended to be in the Double-Take Derby. Both of the designs that you re-submitted have great concepts and 60 votes is great for a new artist. Keep submitting and maybe you'll get an HM and be in the next Double-Take Derby!

I see, thank you for clearly explaining. I will remove them.

pennyflip

I took mine off, with respect to the barn.

keanenutrition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keanenutrition

Paul is the cutest teacup!

Re: Let it Tea..

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit
neuropsychosocial wrote:Oh no you didn't! Come on, orabbit: this isn't a mature way to deal with the mistake. At the moment, it's one artist who clearly wasn't aware of what the Double-Take Derby meant, but if entries start getting added willy-nilly, this Derby is going to become a serious mess, very quickly, and you know perfectly well that staff will remove these designs.

Yes, staff made a few huge mistakes with this Derby, forgetting the Book HMs and leaving the Derby open, but let's not compound their mistakes.

OK, fine. I'm just disgruntled lately. I feel like starting trouble.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Relay

Love the details and design elements and colors.

neuropsychosocial

pennyflip wrote:I see, thank you for clearly explaining. I will remove them.

Thank you!

neuropsychosocial

orabbit wrote:OK, fine. I'm just disgruntled lately. I feel like starting trouble.

Yeah, I kinda understand, at least from my perspective - I can't know what the recent stuff has felt like from the perspective of the artists, including how stressed you must have felt yesterday with the Book HMs left out of the initial posting. Your (adorable and clever) Hamsterdance entry went up while I was posting an explanation of the Double-Take Derby to the artist who entered his/her non-HMed entries, including a plea to remove the entries (which the artist has done), so I was hoping that we could manage to clean up this mess by ourselves, because - let's face it - if we wait for shirt.staff to clean up the messes... yeah. (I know they're doing their best, but it seems like there's quite a lot going on behind the scenes these days and I think staff is seriously overwhelmed and overworked.)

Thank you for removing your entry; I appreciate it and I suspect that others are appreciative of returning the focus of this Derby to the HMed entries in the Double-Take Derby.

neuropsychosocial

pennyflip wrote:I took mine off, with respect to the barn.

Muchly appreciated - thank you for removing both of your entries so quickly!

pennyflip

neuropsychosocial wrote:Muchly appreciated - thank you for removing both of your entries so quickly!

Yup. I feel pretty dumb for putting them up in the first place.

jmerryman96

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmerryman96

I really like this shirt! I definately says a lot.

orabbit

neuropsychosocial wrote:Yeah, I kinda understand, at least from my perspective - I can't know what the recent stuff has felt like from the perspective of the artists, including how stressed you must have felt yesterday with the Book HMs left out of the initial posting. Your (adorable and clever) Hamsterdance entry went up while I was posting an explanation of the Double-Take Derby to the artist who entered his/her non-HMed entries, including a plea to remove the entries (which the artist has done), so I was hoping that we could manage to clean up this mess by ourselves, because - let's face it - if we wait for shirt.staff to clean up the messes... yeah. (I know they're doing their best, but it seems like there's quite a lot going on behind the scenes these days and I think staff is seriously overwhelmed and overworked.)

Thank you for removing your entry; I appreciate it and I suspect that others are appreciative of returning the focus of this Derby to the HMed entries in the Double-Take Derby.

Thanks for policing the place, and bringing me to my senses. No disrespect meant to woot, artists, voters, or Jennifer Beals.

purplerobelocust

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purplerobelocust
Re: Inner Beauty

This little piggy is so cute, I just want to squeeze him, but I better not because http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/08/31/health-officials-warn-fair-attendees-not-to-pet-pigs-due-to-swine-flu-fears/.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
jasneko wrote:Wow I didn't see this in its derby... really great!!

thank you, kindly

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Lose Yourself

Same here, I didn't see much of the books derby but it must have been good if this didn't make it. GMV!

Spiritgreen

Re: Ghost in the Machine

Such unusual colors, very striking. Hope it makes it this time. :^)

Spiritgreen

Re: 14 Karat Gold

Still rooting (pun!) for this one. It's perfectly composed cuteness, imo.

jmerryman96

Re: Salmon Ella's

Haha I get it! This shirt is subliminally funny

jmerryman96

Re: Grilled Cheese

This is really funny!

jmerryman96

Re: Go Bananas!

I really hope this wins!!!!!!!

amt041

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amt041
Re: bitmap rise

Love this

amt041

Re: Relay

This isnawesome!

amt041

Re: Sunset

Wow. Love this too!!

hermonrh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hermonrh
Re: The Golden Nautilus

This is one of my favorites. I certainly hope that it gains some more votes.

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
Re: LHC Café

Cool aged tee look on this one!

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
Re: Camelot's One Stop Magic Shoppe

Nice! I'm a fan of Merlin myself!

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Create

why is this not in the fog yet?? This design is waaaaayyyyy better than anything in the fog right now.

orabbit

hermonrh wrote:This is one of my favorites. I certainly hope that it gains some more votes.

Thanks! Me too.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
Spiritgreen wrote:Same here, I didn't see much of the books derby but it must have been good if this didn't make it. GMV!

really appreciate it, didnt think id even have a chance in the double take

bubblymush

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubblymush

I really want this!!!!!!

muppetmama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muppetmama
eawaldow wrote:PLEASE PLEASE vote for this! I'd love to buy this. There are few if ANY ironic Austen shirts out there!

This is from Downton Abbey not Austen. Still an awesome shirt.

inthekitchenbitchin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inthekitchenbitchin
Re: 14 Karat Gold

I was sad to see it didn't make it, now I'm really hoping that if it doesn't make first that someone comes to their sense and it's gets picked for 2nd or 3rd.

muppetmama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muppetmama
Re: The Golden Nautilus

Very cool design, except that a nautilis shell does not follow the Golden Rectangle/angle.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: The Green Door

Derby 250: Hidden Nipples?

iteshura

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iteshura
Re: My First Hoard

SO adorable! I really want this one to win so I can buy it and stick it on my husband. (he loves it too) ::fingers crossed:: and good luck!

orabbit

muppetmama wrote:Very cool design, except that a nautilis shell does not follow the Golden Rectangle/angle.

Mine does!

shadowschaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowschaos
Re: The Green Door

Would love this as a print!

Yup.