lonelypond

quality posts: 463 Private Messages lonelypond

Cut and paste from my deals woot post:

Just put in my 'rando' long sleeved shirt order + was surprised by the addition of a sales tax. I'm pretty sure shirt.woot! type t-shirts are in the exempt category in PA as they are not used for formal evening wear or solely for sport or made of fur (ref: https://revenue-pa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1846/~/are-clothes-subject-to-sales-tax%3F) and are the same kind of shirts that Target + Old Navy don't charge me tax on. Did I get this wrong? Or is shirt.woot in for some complaints? And yes, I did email customer service.

Merry Christmas shirtwoot!

cmillard1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cmillard1
lonelypond wrote:Cut and paste from my deals woot post:

Just put in my 'rando' long sleeved shirt order + was surprised by the addition of a sales tax. I'm pretty sure shirt.woot! type t-shirts are in the exempt category in PA as they are not used for formal evening wear or solely for sport or made of fur (ref: https://revenue-pa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1846/~/are-clothes-subject-to-sales-tax%3F) and are the same kind of shirts that Target + Old Navy don't charge me tax on. Did I get this wrong? Or is shirt.woot in for some complaints? And yes, I did email customer service.

Fwiw, I wasn't charged tax earlier in the week.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lonelypond wrote:Cut and paste from my deals woot post:

I'll check in with CS on this.

Update: Due to the weekend and holiday, it'll be Tuesday before I have an answer most likely.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

edit--misread the question.

Yeah, you shouldn't be getting taxed on those clothes. Unless PA internet commerce laws don't apply that exemption.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

I'm in PA. Today's shirt is charging me tax too. Never been charged tax before on shirt purchases. Seems like a glitch.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
fishbiscuit5 wrote:I'm in PA. Today's shirt is charging me tax too. Never been charged tax before on shirt purchases. Seems like a glitch.

Amazon this week began charging sales tax for PA, per commonwealth rules. But because it's clothing, it should be exempt.

lonelypond

ThunderThighs wrote:I'll check in with CS on this.

Update: Due to the weekend and holiday, it'll be Tuesday before I have an answer most likely.

I figured it was an answer after the holiday question, thanks for checking; just thought a head's up was a good thing if it's something that needs correcting.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hi there. Heard back and we are making corrections to our calculations for PA. You should expect a redund on that tax before long. Sorry for the inconvenience.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

racheling

quality posts: 2 Private Messages racheling
ThunderThighs wrote:Hi there. Heard back and we are making corrections to our calculations for PA. You should expect a redund on that tax before long. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cool, thanks for the update. Just placed an order and noticed the tax, so glad to see it's already on its way to being fixed.

lonelypond

yeah!

Unoriginal26

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Unoriginal26

I did not receive a refund for my previous taxed shirts, and todays hoodie also charged me tax....I thought this PA clothing tax was taken care of????

I've got nothing...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Unoriginal26 wrote:I did not receive a refund for my previous taxed shirts, and todays hoodie also charged me tax....I thought this PA clothing tax was taken care of????

If you've got an issue with being charged for something you shouldn't, please contact service@woot.com right away.

I'm just hanging out, really.

knightmarcus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages knightmarcus
inkycatz wrote:If you've got an issue with being charged for something you shouldn't, please contact service@woot.com right away.

No, we should just quit buying shirt woot stuff since you can't get the tax right on it.. I was going to order today's shirt, but since it seems you are still charging PA sales tax and not refunding it for clothing items per previous posts, no need to buy it..

lonelypond

The ever efficient woot Customer service claimed to have refunded the PA sales tax on my latest hoodie purchase Monday. Haven't checked yet but since I've never had a problem with them, just figured they sorted it out.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
knightmarcus wrote:No, we should just quit buying shirt woot stuff since you can't get the tax right on it.. I was going to order today's shirt, but since it seems you are still charging PA sales tax and not refunding it for clothing items per previous posts, no need to buy it..

I'm in PA and have not had a problem getting the tax refunded. Buy with confidence! Woot's customer service is fantastic!

twstrchk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages twstrchk
fishbiscuit5 wrote:I'm in PA and have not had a problem getting the tax refunded. Buy with confidence! Woot's customer service is fantastic!

Just tried to place a shirt order and there's tax added! I'm in PA - guess they havent solved it yet!

inkycatz

twstrchk wrote:Just tried to place a shirt order and there's tax added! I'm in PA - guess they havent solved it yet!

Please contact service@woot.com for these sort of issues.

twstrchk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages twstrchk
ThunderThighs wrote:Hi there. Heard back and we are making corrections to our calculations for PA. You should expect a redund on that tax before long. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Today is September 12th - this was posted the 4th - I WAS CHARGED SALES TAX TODAY! I contacted service@woot.com w/order # - have not heard anything back yet.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
twstrchk wrote:Today is September 12th - this was posted the 4th - I WAS CHARGED SALES TAX TODAY! I contacted service@woot.com w/order # - have not heard anything back yet.

Well...actually, it's worse than that, because it's actually October 12th.

Kind of strange, though. I bought a shirt in the Hollowoot side sale on 9/24 and was not charged sales tax.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

inkycatz

Mavyn wrote:Well...actually, it's worse than that, because it's actually October 12th.

Kind of strange, though. I bought a shirt in the Hollowoot side sale on 9/24 and was not charged sales tax.

Interesting!

Just to reinforce here, we're definitely having this investigated, but in the meantime, if you get charged tax when you shouldn't, be sure to post here and mail service@woot.com at the same time so they can look into the matter and fix you up. Thanks for keeping us all updated, and of course we do appreciate your patience.

lonelypond

Yep. The PA sales tax is back for t-shirts : / Sent off the email.

cbombardier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbombardier

Didn't get charged sales tax on a shirt ordered from the reckoning page today. Hope this means it's all been fixed!