2%
81%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

DAISYC

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DAISYC

This makes me want to go dance with a unicorn in a cloud lined with rainbows and sprinkle emerald green confetti on people as they walk by.

NortonsArk

quality posts: 12 Private Messages NortonsArk

My first thought was that this unicorn is simultaneously peeing and pooping a rainbow.

swizl99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swizl99

Fish.....Fish+Horse.....Horse

What was the theme again?

DAISYC

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DAISYC
swizl99 wrote:Fish.....Fish+Horse.....Horse

What was the theme again?

Yea... Its like when you flip through an Animorphs book and see the person at the bottom of the page change into a rhino

allykat26

quality posts: 3 Private Messages allykat26

oh boooo.... so I just ordered the seahorse with ten minutes left.... now i NEED the unicorn!!! I have not made up my mind on the new shirts yet tho... this sucks.... How about some links to cool t-shirt projects? IE - t-shirt purse, etc? Anyone have a good use for tee's?!?

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

The design is a great pick, that said...

I feel like your guys' write up for today could have used a whole heck of a lot less bashing of those who believe in God. Maybe it's just trolling. I don't know. But I do know that it's not funny. No, this isn't me soapboxing when I say this, but I actually am offended. Who would think that a sideways slam would be humorous? Wait, I actually have a pretty good guess.

1sparklyunicorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1sparklyunicorn

Squeeee! Love it, I must have this sweet shirt!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Congratulations, truffleshuffle! Third place in the Derby for your third Derby print ever!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

I don't see who picked out this shirt. That should be on the shirt's page, even it it was mentioned elsewhere.

edit: Thanks for adding it were it should have been in the first place. I do like when something isn't right and we point it out, it gets fixed fast.
Except when the problem is with the sales numbers!!! ;)

fuddledumpy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fuddledumpy

bluejester wrote:The design is a great pick, that said...

I feel like your guys' write up for today could have used a whole heck of a lot less bashing of those who believe in God. Maybe it's just trolling. I don't know. But I do know that it's not funny. No, this isn't me soapboxing when I say this, but I actually am offended. Who would think that a sideways slam would be humorous? Wait, I actually have a pretty good guess.

I agree.

cappo

quality posts: 31 Private Messages cappo

Unicorns are androgynous?

eshep3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eshep3

Love the write up!

lonelypond

quality posts: 410 Private Messages lonelypond
TheGolux wrote:I don't see who picked out this shirt. That should be on the shirt's page, even it it was mentioned elsewhere.

Shirt page: "3rd place in Derby #266: Single Line, Guest Editor Artulo's Pick!"

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
bluejester wrote:The design is a great pick, that said...

Must be hard having no sense of humor. How do you make it through the day?

orabbit

quality posts: 30 Private Messages orabbit

Didn't see this pick coming. Nice one! Three solid winners from this derby. I have a feeling this one will outlast the others though.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Truthfully I love me my unicorn and rainbow kinda shirts. But this one is too colorless. I'll pass on the single line design rainbow unicorn shirt and stick to the in your face color fest rainbow unicorn shirts as I find them. Still it's a pretty design.

*sigh* so liking this shirt means you have bad taste? And not appreciating underhanded (even in jest) theology-ish bashing means you have no sense of humor? I didn't even bother to read the write-up after the first few lines. I can recognize something I would find to be simply a distasteful jest pretty quickly and not bother further with it.

It's like I try to tell my brother, just because someone has different taste than you doesn't make it bad and having a different sense of humor doesn't make it non-existant.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bluejester wrote:I feel like your guys' write up for today could have used a whole heck of a lot less bashing of those who believe in God. Maybe it's just trolling. I don't know. But I do know that it's not funny. No, this isn't me soapboxing when I say this, but I actually am offended. Who would think that a sideways slam would be humorous? Wait, I actually have a pretty good guess.

My goodness. That writeup was hardly "bashing". Look up "invisible pink unicorn" for example.

Congrats on the print TS! Now Mr. Wednesday can add a notch to his Pretend Guest Editor belt.

Note to TT: It's going to be a long night, I bet.

move along

odinson27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages odinson27

Guest Editor Artulo what were you thinking? I can respect a personal pick from the fog ending up in 3rd place, but to chose a 16th voted pick over so many greater contenders is a mockery and a spit in the face. I personal wanted to buy the Octavius shirt for myself; however, had either "One Small Step For A Man" shirts won, I'd have bought a dozen to send you relatives. It was a perfect tribute to Neil Armstrong who died one week ago today. Artulo you devalue the respect I have for shirt.woot

neuropsychosocial

j5 wrote:Note to TT: It's going to be a long night, I bet.

I hope she's getting hazard pay for moderating a Mac deal over on woot proper.

odinson27 wrote:Artulo you devalue the respect I have for shirt.woot

It's fairly clear that you dislike the choice of this particular shirt, but as you've purchased no items from woot, your comment about losing respect for woot because of a single shirt choice seems a bit hyperbolic.

odinson27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages odinson27

I have bought a over 50 shirts from TeeFury and only was told about this site on the 27th of Aug. I like this site much more due to the reckoning. I was reading about the derby, reckoning, and other aspects of how this site works this week. I respect the way this site works and was waiting eagerly for the Single Line winners to be chosen. I had hoped Octavius would haven been my 1st purchase, but I guess it will be Unstealthiest Ninja 3.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

neuropsychosocial wrote:I hope she's getting hazard pay for moderating a Mac deal over on woot proper.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

neuropsychosocial

odinson27 wrote:I had hoped Octavius would haven been my 1st purchase, but I guess it will be Unstealthiest Ninja 3.

Aw, the little squishy is my very favorite! That's a wonderful shirt - welcome to shirt.woot! (Cookies are on the right, haters on the left, the Reckoning is straight ahead). Now that you have a purchase, you can vote in the Derby and help the shirts that you want to print. (It does stink when you love a shirt and it doesn't print, but after the Derby is finished, the editors pick a few shirts to receive Honorable Mentions; those designs are entered into the Double-Take Derby for a second shot at printing, so Octavius still has a shot, although it would be in the next Double-Take Derby, not the one that started two days ago.)

ThunderThighs wrote:

You are a marvel, m'lady!

alkane

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alkane
eshep3 wrote:Love the write up!

This shirt needed that write up.
I always thought he would be more pink though.

thePenrod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thePenrod

You have got to be kidding me.

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51

Congrats Truffleshuffle!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats, Truffle!

cgough

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgough

Can't wait to show the guys my new shirt

Chiram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chiram

I think I need to get one of these...and I'm a huge grizzly adams lookin' mofo.

Not to mention this reminds me of whimsyshire in Diablo 3. Evil unicorns!

Some of you people need to lighten up.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
odinson27 wrote:Guest Editor Artulo what were you thinking? I can respect a personal pick from the fog ending up in 3rd place, but to chose a 16th voted pick over so many greater contenders is a mockery and a spit in the face. I personal wanted to buy the Octavius shirt for myself; however, had either "One Small Step For A Man" shirts won, I'd have bought a dozen to send you relatives. It was a perfect tribute to Neil Armstrong who died one week ago today. Artulo you devalue the respect I have for shirt.woot

I love this shirt. It's hilarious in an understated way. I'm really picky about the shirts I buy these days, but I'd buy this one. I'm pretty sure my boyfriend will call dibs on it, though. He's still mourning the accidental bleach spot on his old favorite shirt, so I'll let him have it.

I think it's a great pick by Artulo and a great design by Truffleshuffle. It's probably what I would have picked, too.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle

Wooooowwww!!!! Thanks Artulo! I totally wasn't expecting to see my shirt for sale here today! Thanks so much for the pick and thanks to everyone else as well for the votes and nice comments! *more exclamation points*

harveytherabbit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harveytherabbit

I have to agree with the haters here.

To pick the 16th place shirt ( that looks like it came out of a coloring book) when there were so many amazing shirts in or near the fog is a slap in the face to those artists and the Woot community. I think it's time to bring this experimental method of picking winners to an end.

And to top it off, having such a disrespectful write up was fitting for this pick.

While it seems they delete almost all negative comments about shirt designs, this one deserves them all.

varnerj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages varnerj
bronyhater wrote:Ugh. Wow, what hack picked this garbage? It's like Rainbow Bright High School made a school shirt. I guess Woot has to throw a bone to the folks with bad taste every now and then. No sale.

I have to agree with bronyhater.

I do have to say that it's fitting that this will be printed on Anvil blanks. Shirt.woot, how you've fallen.

j5

Shirt.woot is just like your local weather, if you don't like what you see, wait a bit and it will change.

move along

blondegordon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blondegordon

I love this shirt, just bought one. I think the guest editor did a great job. And for the many of you who are complaining, guess what?! There will be a brand new shirt tomorrow!

blondegordon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blondegordon
j5 wrote:Shirt.woot is just like your local weather, if you don't like what you see, wait a bit and it will change.

well said

j5

harveytherabbit wrote:To pick the 16th place shirt...

Last week's 2nd place shirt (chupa cabana) was 16th in votes, FYI.

move along

moharry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moharry
harveytherabbit wrote:I have to agree with the haters here.

To pick the 16th place shirt ( that looks like it came out of a coloring book) when there were so many amazing shirts in or near the fog is a slap in the face to those artists and the Woot community. I think it's time to bring this experimental method of picking winners to an end.

And to top it off, having such a disrespectful write up was fitting for this pick.

While it seems they delete almost all negative comments about shirt designs, this one deserves them all.

Well said! There were so many great designs this week. It's just too bad they didn't choose one of them to print today.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

*cracks knuckles* All-right you apes, listen up.

First off, the write up is fine. All of you uptight Christian folks should just relax. Atheism is a LITERARY POINT OF VIEW (read the disclaimer) just like every other write up around here every day. Just because today it happens to be poking a little light hearted fun at your God instead of all the other serious things it pokes fun at every day is no reason to get all crusadey. As J5 pointed out the unicorn is often linked to that kind of satire. What would you people have done if it was FAR more obvious, like one of the several flying spaghetti monster shirt entries I've seen? Just take a pill plz, Jesus is not offended. Having a sense of humor means not being so serious about things that matter to you when other people make light of it. Because things like that happen every day, everywhere you go. In America anyway, where we have that kind of freedom. ;)

Secondly, this shirt is FANTASTIC. The whole point of the rule changes giving power to editors is so that great art like this would be printed instead of some of the crud that floats to the top in the vote totals. Did you guys notice the theme for this derby? That unicorn, rainbow, and clouds are drawn with a single continuous line. That's pretty damn cool. And as a dude I'd wear it ironically (think Napoleon Dynamite) and find it hilariously fun. I don't wear unicorns often and would be SUPER picky about the ones I do. This one fits the bill because it's not rainbow colored, it's got fantastic art, and has a neat factoid (hey did you know this is drawn with a single line??). As boots noted it is similar to Fat Unicorn in that it's funny and ironically nerd/anti masculine at the same time.

This shirt has all the fun, quirky traits that could make for a solid Reckoning contender. It would look great on kids, on ladies, and on guys with a sense of humor.

All this weak so called controversy is a joke and I hope you all have just been trolling and I fell for it.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Congrats TS!

It's not your usual creepy-beautiful art, but this prancing unicorn sure is expertly rendered! Hmm, perhaps a little too expertly for it to be your first time... that must be your secret vice, huh? You have pages full of kittens and ponies hidden beneath your stacks of monsters. ;p