Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
bluetuba wrote:*cracks knuckles* All-right you apes, listen up.

First off, the write up is fine. All of you uptight Christian folks should just relax. Atheism is a LITERARY POINT OF VIEW (read the disclaimer) just like every other write up around here every day. Just because today it happens to be poking a little light hearted fun at your God instead of all the other serious things it pokes fun at every day is no reason to get all crusadey. As J5 pointed out the unicorn is often linked to that kind of satire. What would you people have done if it was FAR more obvious, like one of the several flying spaghetti monster shirt entries I've seen? Just take a pill plz, Jesus is not offended. Having a sense of humor means not being so serious about things that matter to you when other people make light of it. Because things like that happen every day, everywhere you go. In America anyway, where we have that kind of freedom. ;)

Secondly, this shirt is FANTASTIC. The whole point of the rule changes giving power to editors is so that great art like this would be printed instead of some of the crud that floats to the top in the vote totals. Did you guys notice the theme for this derby? That unicorn, rainbow, and clouds are drawn with a single continuous line. That's pretty damn cool. And as a dude I'd wear it ironically (think Napoleon Dynamite) and find it hilariously fun. I don't wear unicorns often and would be SUPER picky about the ones I do. This one fits the bill because it's not rainbow colored, it's got fantastic art, and has a neat factoid (hey did you know this is drawn with a single line??). As boots noted it is similar to Fat Unicorn in that it's funny and ironically nerd/anti masculine at the same time.

This shirt has all the fun, quirky traits that could make for a solid Reckoning contender. It would look great on kids, on ladies, and on guys with a sense of humor.

All this weak so called controversy is a joke and I hope you all have just been trolling and I fell for it.



I'm quoting this because all of the way overly PC sticks in the mud need to read it twice.

Also, Artulo is kind of like the Jesus of one line art (see his own entries this week.) and to question his pick on this is pretty much akin to blasphemy.

sigifreud


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigifreud
tomspc wrote:Just when I thought I was through complaining some surfer "dude" drags me back in. I'm entitled to my opinion so don't try to bully me, "dude". You move along...go catch some waves and hang 10, "dude"



You are entitled to your opinion, in fact I welcome it. It's nice to know there are people who believe that someone really believes that people will beat the crap out of you over a t shirt. We all need to keep that in mind.

garners


quality posts: 0 Private Messages garners

A) woot's write ups are almost always agnostic to religion, as are the Derby, so it should be no surprise folks don't like this one. I'll consider them "brave" and "edgy" when they mock Allah. Until them, you've got no leg to stand on.

B) some weeks, the top vote getters are artistically questionable. This week, tho, every single design above 16th place is great, along with severable below it. The unicorn is *not* "great" or "ironic" or whatever pretentious adjective you want to throw in front if it. Unless you're a middle-school girl, you should be mocked for wearing it.

darnellx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages darnellx
Johndis5 wrote:I'm quoting this because all of the way overly PC sticks in the mud need to read it twice. .



It's just as full of it the second time as the Summer's Over!

You obviously don't know what "PC" means, J5. After you point out the woot ads that poke fun of atheists, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists or other religions, you might have a point.

(crickets)

varnerj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages varnerj
Johndis5 wrote:
Also, Artulo is kind of like the Jesus of one line art (see his own entries this week.) and to question his pick on this is pretty much akin to blasphemy.



Kind of like how questioning Paula Abduls' American Idol picks is akin to blasphemy.

Oh, wait.

ellegee


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

Does he have a hipster beard or did he just eat a squirrel?
JK, this is beautiful work, hard to believe it's done with one line!

odysseyroc


quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

Congrats, TruffleShuffle!





odysseyroc


quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
j5 wrote:Shirt.woot is just like your local weather, if you don't like what you see, wait a bit and it will change.



Obviously you've never lived in San Diego.





bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
odysseyroc wrote:Obviously you've never lived in San Diego.



Yeah, I would have said "Shirt.woot is just like weather in the Midwest, if you don't like what you see just wait a few hours and it'll be totally different"

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

wearyeagle


quality posts: 2 Private Messages wearyeagle
bluetuba wrote:*cracks knuckles* All-right you apes, listen up.

First off, the write up is fine. All of you uptight Christian folks should just relax. Atheism is a LITERARY POINT OF VIEW (read the disclaimer) just like every other write up around here every day. Just because today it happens to be poking a little light hearted fun at your God instead of all the other serious things it pokes fun at every day is no reason to get all crusadey. As J5 pointed out the unicorn is often linked to that kind of satire. What would you people have done if it was FAR more obvious, like one of the several flying spaghetti monster shirt entries I've seen? Just take a pill plz, Jesus is not offended. Having a sense of humor means not being so serious about things that matter to you when other people make light of it. Because things like that happen every day, everywhere you go. In America anyway, where we have that kind of freedom. ;)

Secondly, this shirt is FANTASTIC. The whole point of the rule changes giving power to editors is so that great art like this would be printed instead of some of the crud that floats to the top in the vote totals. Did you guys notice the theme for this derby? That unicorn, rainbow, and clouds are drawn with a single continuous line. That's pretty damn cool. And as a dude I'd wear it ironically (think Napoleon Dynamite) and find it hilariously fun. I don't wear unicorns often and would be SUPER picky about the ones I do. This one fits the bill because it's not rainbow colored, it's got fantastic art, and has a neat factoid (hey did you know this is drawn with a single line??). As boots noted it is similar to Fat Unicorn in that it's funny and ironically nerd/anti masculine at the same time.

This shirt has all the fun, quirky traits that could make for a solid Reckoning contender. It would look great on kids, on ladies, and on guys with a sense of humor.

All this weak so called controversy is a joke and I hope you all have just been trolling and I fell for it.



Well said. Not only are we FREE to say anything in America, but we are NUMBER ONE in the number of adults that "still" think angels are real.

Although, to our credit, we have dropped that tooth fairy, Easter bunny, and Santa Claus idea.

safyrejet


quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

It's rather amusing to me that something as simple as a unicorn shirt would get people so worked up and bring out so many extremes of "I love it!" or "this is awful!" Woot you should print unicorn shirts more often.

I didn't like the write up but not because I thought it was symbolically bashing my God. (Actually I'm more bothered over the "Jesus is not offended" remark, just curious, how do you know? But that's just a rhetorical sorta question, I don't actually care what bluetuba thinks or means by that. I'm not gonna bother to take it seriously, either.) I didn't bother to read the write up through and said so, but don't be alarmed I've got a great sense of humor, and I'm not sure why it's such a problem for me or other folks to state their dissatisfaction with the write up.

It occurs to me that those folks who took some offense at the write up aren't the only ones getting worked up over something. Seems like it's pretty important to some that everyone else not find offense in something that they themselves didn't find offense in. ...sheesh, I'm not even sure that makes sense. Er, how about y'all just chill, including those who are getting bothered over other people being offended or not liking the write up.

I still stand by my thought that "having a different sense of humor doesn't make it non-existant" Some find the write up funny, some don't. After all, "things like that happen every day, everywhere you go. In America anyway, where we have that kind of freedom."

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wearyeagle wrote:Although, to our credit, we have dropped that tooth fairy, Easter bunny, and Santa Claus idea.

Say wha?





Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
safyrejet wrote:It's rather amusing to me that something as simple as a unicorn shirt would get people so worked up and bring out so many extremes of "I love it!" or "this is awful!" Woot you should print unicorn shirts more often.

I didn't like the write up but not because I thought it was symbolically bashing my God. (Actually I'm more bothered over the "Jesus is not offended" remark, just curious, how do you know? But that's just a rhetorical sorta question, I don't actually care what bluetuba thinks or means by that. I'm not gonna bother to take it seriously, either.) I didn't bother to read the write up through and said so, but don't be alarmed I've got a great sense of humor, and I'm not sure why it's such a problem for me or other folks to state their dissatisfaction with the write up.

It occurs to me that those folks who took some offense at the write up aren't the only ones getting worked up over something. Seems like it's pretty important to some that everyone else not find offense in something that they themselves didn't find offense in. ...sheesh, I'm not even sure that makes sense. Er, how about y'all just chill, including those who are getting bothered over other people being offended or not liking the write up.

I still stand by my thought that "having a different sense of humor doesn't make it non-existant" Some find the write up funny, some don't. After all, "things like that happen every day, everywhere you go. In America anyway, where we have that kind of freedom."



So, you are offended that I took offense to people being offended at a woot joke. The cycle is now complete! Yeeeah!

I'm also a little offended at the people who think this is a simple "coloring book" or that males who wear it should be mocked.

So it's not just me trying to start a religion thing. Quite the contrary actually, I probably only felt the need to chime in because both of those things in unison highly agitate me today.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
darnellx wrote:It's just as full of it the second time as the Summer's Over!

You obviously don't know what "PC" means, J5. After you point out the woot ads that poke fun of atheists, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists or other religions, you might have a point.

(crickets)

Hey! Ho! Hold up! Johndis5 [=/= | <> | != | is not uqual to] J5.
That said, the writeup is deity agnostic, so there seems to be a lot of Optoma Playtime going on in this thread.

(When you wish upon a star)

move along

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
ThunderThighs wrote:Say wha?

Your mother and I have something to tell you...

move along

Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Congrats TruffleShuffle, great shirt and great pick! I am an adult male and I fully endorse the existence of unicorns.

I don't know why all these recent voters with one purchase feel the need to be so vocal about this particular shirt.


deborah11565


quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
Drakxxx wrote:Congrats TruffleShuffle, great shirt and great pick! I am an adult male and I fully endorse the existence of unicorns.

I don't know why all these recent voters with one purchase feel the need to be so vocal about this particular shirt.



Wow... even without a purchase wouldn't you be entitled to an opinion.... Did I cross borders and not realize it ! Good or bad.... we do have a freedom, I thought we did !


safyrejet


quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet
bluetuba wrote:So, you are offended that I took offense to people being offended at a woot joke. The cycle is now complete! Yeeeah!

I'm also a little offended at the people who think this is a simple "coloring book" or that males who wear it should be mocked.

So it's not just me trying to start a religion thing. Quite the contrary actually, I probably only felt the need to chime in because both of those things in unison highly agitate me today.



Sorry, I'm not at all offended by your offense or anyone elses' offense or practically anything else going on here. It's all rather amusing and silly to me.

(none of this that follows is directed at any one "you", it's a general "you" I'm employing here) As far as I'm concerned it's just a shirt that you don't have to buy if you don't like it and you don't have to read the write up if you don't like it but for those who didn't like it and found offense it's funny how offended some seem to be getting over someone getting offended. Phew, that's a lot of offense going around. I'm more trying to point out some of what I saw as ironic.

bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

There certainly is alot of silly flying around in here today.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Let's just all take a deep breath and let it out slowly.

Again.

Feel better?

Let's remember that everyone can post, new or veteran. Just make sure what you say is said in a polite manner without malice, personal attacks, or name calling.

Remember, calling someone names says more about you than it does them, you goofballs.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Congrats, Truffleshuffle. I thought this was a really stellar one line drawing. Your print is well deserved.

Cheers,

-art

Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
deborah11565 wrote:Wow... even without a purchase wouldn't you be entitled to an opinion.... Did I cross borders and not realize it ! Good or bad.... we do have a freedom, I thought we did !



Yes! Everyone should definitley have an opinion! In regards to what I mentioned though, you tend to notice things around here when your here for awhile, and I just pointed out something I thought was a funny coincidence.

Again, congrats Truffle!


walmazan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Anne, This is a beautiful work!

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Drakxxx wrote:In regards to what I mentioned though, you tend to notice things around here when your here for awhile, and I just pointed out something I thought was a funny coincidence.

I sense a great disturbance in the farce. As if 1000 socks cried foul, and couldn't be silenced.

move along

TheGolux


quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 16.330s
First Sucker: Mystic2
Last Wooter to Woot: srever
Last Purchase: a minute ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 0% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 0% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 637

First day sales 637

garners


quality posts: 0 Private Messages garners
TheGolux wrote:Speed to First Woot: 1m 16.330s
First Sucker: Mystic2
Last Wooter to Woot: srever
Last Purchase: a minute ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 0% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 0% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 637

First day sales 637


637 first day sales and less than 50 in the first three days since?

I guess the people have spoken, too... Guest Editor picks are iffy propositions, at best, as a business plan...

caherrick


quality posts: 0 Private Messages caherrick

When are the matching pajama pants getting printed for this shirt?

meandsecoya


quality posts: 11 Private Messages meandsecoya

I could have sworn I had already ordered this for my daughter, who loves all things horse or unicorn. I'm glad I happened to check my account and the reckoning this morning, otherwise, it seems my daughter would have missed out on this one.

pegasus1259


quality posts: 2 Private Messages pegasus1259

I love this shirt. I bought one when it was origanally offer, but got bleach on it. I am so glad it is still available so I can replace it.