ruthjhodsoll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruthjhodsoll
thatquietgir1 wrote:I also like blue and gold the best, however I prefer the inverse of the light/dark as shown on the green. It shows the details better.

GORGEOUS!!!

ruthjhodsoll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruthjhodsoll
ruthjhodsoll wrote:Why is "pop culture" so evil? I love the dorkiness... it makes me feel like I'm not alone!!!

Hmm... seeing the pre-entries, maybe I'm wrong. These ROCK!

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
noxandpy wrote:

Wow. Gorgeous. It reminds me a little bit of Bernini's Daphne and Apollo sculpture. Another wonderful design from you two!

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
kevlar51 wrote:Here's what I put together "Industrial Tea." Unfortunately I've been out of town, so I wasn't able to start working on this until late last night, but I'm pretty happy with the result.

I love it! The details - hugging Big Ben, resting his foot on Parliament (right?) - are excellent. Wonderful combination of smart and funny.

Designs like this and others I've seen for this derby make me so jealous and make me respect the artists here even more. The creativity to come up with amazing ideas and then the talent to bring them to life - so impressive.

scrabblefish

quality posts: 12 Private Messages scrabblefish
aerc712 wrote:Designs like this and others I've seen for this derby make me so jealous and make me respect the artists here even more. The creativity to come up with amazing ideas and then the talent to bring them to life - so impressive.

This! I stand in awe even if I don't get the references most of the time!

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester
kevlar51 wrote:Here's what I put together "Industrial Tea." Unfortunately I've been out of town, so I wasn't able to start working on this until late last night, but I'm pretty happy with the result.

That's the second biggest cup of tea I've ever seen!

That said, it's great to see one of your bots in the derby. I especially like the crosshatch work don on the hands and elbows to help give in them a more three dimensional look. I hope to see this one rocket to the fog in due course.

p0ckets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p0ckets

Quick question on submitting - should I put the image onto a t template myself, or send in the raw image with a transparent background and let the woot robots do that?

Love the industrial tea design - works great for a t shirt.

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

Thanks for the kind response everyone!!

p0ckets wrote:Quick question on submitting - should I put the image onto a t template myself, or send in the raw image with a transparent background and let the woot robots do that?

You'll need to do that yourself--everything you submit to the derby goes online as-is.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
tgentry wrote:20 minutes and no comments? I thought we'd see some early designs already, what with the early heads-up...

I drew up four or five on paper, just haven't liked any of them enough to break out the ol' bamboo :\

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
artulo wrote:I drew up four or five on paper, just haven't liked any of them enough to break out the ol' bamboo :\

I'm actually nervous and excited about HOW GREAT this derby will likely be... I think I have a solid idea that will get lost in the sea of amazing... hehe

mapinto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mapinto
noxandpy wrote:Somehow, Nox and I both managed to miss the early heads up! >.<

But, we're both really happy with this week's entry. Name still tbd.

Heh, how about, "This is where I get my wood." Lol...

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

This week's Guest Editor:

kevlar51!

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
tgentry wrote:This week's Guest Editor:

kevlar51!

Thanks Travis!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Congrats, kevlar!

It looks like there are a lot of 'sketch with a few crosshatches' designs.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Mavyn wrote:Congrats, kevlar!

It looks like there are a lot of 'sketch with a few crosshatches' designs.

YEAH< AND A LOT OF THEM ARE INEXPLCABLY IN THE FOG>>> SORRY< my keyboard is screwed up>

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Congrats Kevlar!

move along

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

So I've settled on one or two designs. Before I work though, I'm curious - to avoid the rejectamatron3000.

Please select the rule we should obey from one from the following.

a. "use only hatched lines"
-
b. "use mostly hatched lines, but some thicker and solid lines and small fills are OK"
-
c. "use lines that may or may not be hatching but it's really debatable since hatching is just using strokes of varying widths and spacings to differentiate between shades and simulate color differences... yadda yadda ...and as much fill as you like"

Thanks.

pureval

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pureval
ruthjhodsoll wrote:Why is "pop culture" so evil? I love the dorkiness... it makes me feel like I'm not alone!!!

I concur. Whenever I see the "no pop culture" rule it just lets me know that I will not be spending any money here this week. Again.

It puts the crap inside the bag or it gets the hose again.

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros

Am I the only one utterly bored by the latest derbies?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I've quite liked the last 2 derbies, actually.

I continue to be baffled by the inconsistencies in rejections, but that's normal.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

mlutz3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlutz3
zaydabarros wrote:Am I the only one utterly bored by the latest derbies?

No, you're not alone. I was very disappointed with the last derby, and I'm even more disappointed with this one. I was OK when Woot up'd the price of their shirts, but now they're doing one color derbies? Is Woot getting cheap or perhaps having trouble making money? What gives?

coolwes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolwes

A shirt with one color on it should be half the price. I just went in to vote on the derby and couldn't find one shirt I would wear... Maybe it's knowing how much the shirt would still be or perhaps all the designs are just best left as art prints and nothing else. I also wasn't a fan of the previous derby either like some other posters are saying here. Oh well, I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the next one to have some excitement in it.