orabbit

quality posts: 30 Private Messages orabbit
tjost wrote:This is really nicely done orabbit. If this doesn't work you can do a simpler one using the standard carry on layout with a condor instead of a crown love the play on words

Thanks a lot! In looking, I see that idea's been done, but maybe there's some unmined material left. The title was really an after thought inspired by j5 (thanks!). I just wanted to draw a nice respectable character who has not so respectable habits. Unfortunately, it's not "cute" enough to have mass appeal, but I knew that from the start.

hcschmidt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hcschmidt
Re: Cross Hatched!

Love the play on words! Good job.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: keep calm and carrion

I love the character, if not the unrelated meme reference title. ;P

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Nature Owl v2

Thanks everyone!

AppiusTheMagicTurtle wrote:

Also, is that Dwight Schrute?

Yup, Rainn Wilson has unwittingly been my T-shirt model for quite some time now

inu14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inu14
runnerfrog13 wrote:It's really hard to tell from the picture, but I fear your entry might have the same problem as Skirochester's One Mans Trash where pencil drawings, even when converted to b&w, can't be printed in one color well, as it looks like it has multiple colors of gray ranging from the dark shadow to the light part of the skull and candle. I could of course be wrong

It was kindof over my head, but here's what he said: http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4235477&pageindex=37&replycount=1564#post4240266

My Skull candle was drawn directly onto photoshop using a wacom - using only black ink^^. I suppose its the difference in the crosshatching which makes it look different shades of grey, especially once its in a re-sized digitally. I don't have access to a scanner so have to relay on drawing directly onto photoshop or illustrator ^^;.

omegad46

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omegad46
Re: Raptors... you gotta love them

Why does this shirt not have a million votes?

orabbit

Re: Imagination

Wow, I completely missed this. It's so charming! I think your thumbnail could have been better. Maybe a closeup of the tiny elephant. As is, it just looks nondescript. I think alot of people must have missed it.

orabbit

Re: Whale sighted!

This is really cool! I hadn't seen it until now.

genghisjon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genghisjon
Re: Who has the key ? (on biege)

I like your heART, sir. However, one can steal it without having to have the key as the hole is so large, a practical problem with the design. Perhaps you are saying that you too easily expose your heart to people? Just giving you a little good-natured ribbing.

flattopfrank

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flattopfrank
genghisjon wrote:I like your heART, sir. However, one can steal it without having to have the key as the hole is so large, a practical problem with the design. Perhaps you are saying that you too easily expose your heart to people? Just giving you a little good-natured ribbing.

Thanks, I needed the ribbing. Especially after the votes I recieved or lack there of. LOL Also remember, it's possible to get someone's heart by chanting Kali Ma, Kali Ma, Kali Ma ! (Temple of Doom)

rtdugan04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtdugan04

I love that everytime you look at this, you see some other detail you didn't see before. Great job.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

This is so great!!! I just love the characters!

wirdou

Really great!! one of my favorites! Love the ape expression

wirdou

impressive drawing!!!

wirdou

great drawing!!!

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Imagination

Glad this popped into the hotness and got my attention. Really liking your line work and the elephant is just great. GMV.

collinvh

Re: PANDALYMPICS

Love your characters, which isn't unusual... but, winning on a white shirt is. Awesome work man, best of luck to you and your pandas.

collinvh

Wish this was doing better with the voters. Great job. GMV

collinvh

Re: Whatsappe

I just love this one! I wonder if he's texting himself or maybe one's for business and one for pleasure. Either way awesome job! GMV.

collinvh

Re: Still Death

It might have been neat to see a little grim reaper worm in there. Great work bud, I'm lovin' it. GMV.

collinvh

Re: She is so koi

This is so koi! Nice color choice too. GMV.

collinvh

Re: A Breath Of Nightmare

Awesome Drawing! I love the way it flows. Under-appreciated, IMO. Then again, it's much darker than the normal derby entry. Nice addition with the black widow spider. GMV.

die13lda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages die13lda

Definitely my favorite shirt of this derby.

GMV

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: A step into our hearts

This is excellent! I am suprised it doesn't have more votes! The design lends itself so well to crosshatch work, and the hatching you have done here is wonderful. And of course the gray shirt doesn't hurt ;)

Continuing the discussion about whose footprint... I seriously had no idea it was Buzz' footprint and not Neil's. That's a little bit of a bummer, though tbh when I see a footprint on the moon I will always and forever think of Neil's famous quote. So it achieves it's purpose as a memoriam

runnerfrog13

Whale-gyle

(ba dum bum *ching*)

runnerfrog13

Re: A Breath Of Nightmare

Excellent execution and hatching, it is very clean.

Might be under-appreciated because the thumbnail is a little difficult to tell what it is, I almost didn't click on it myself. Also, I'm not sure the shade of red used stands out well enough on this gray shirt. It's just a little difficult to view the design and doesn't do it justice. Thinking it might look good on black, navy, or perhaps use a darker shade that would provide more contrast against the gray?

tia1982

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tia1982
Re: Porcupine in a Pocket

I like this. Simple and cute. I wish the shirt color was different though.

redfleece

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redfleece

thanks HCS!

ajsweedl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ajsweedl

Hi. I am an avid voter and my family owns about 40 different woot shirts or more... In this derby I notice more version 2's and other designs with second of the same design with a slight twist, color change or other minute difference. Some of these were pretty darn good, but someone explain to me if the first rev of the design wasn't rejected then WHY split the voting among two similar designs by the same artist? It's splits up the votes and that design is doomed for failure in the derby. I guess it's not my problem, but great work might never be a shirt this way. Do the submitters not get it or am I missing something?
Please, I encourage someone to clear this up for me. Oh and thank you to all the artists, you make my t-shirt collection an art gallery. Regards, aj

tia1982

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tia1982
Re: PANDALYMPICS

I really hope you win. I can't wait to buy this shirt! Best one hands down.

ajsweedl

Re: IRIS

Hi...you are very talented. The detail of the eye is super. Unfortunately, it's huge and almost a bit too realistic. I don't usually make comments like this, but I wanted you to know how good I think you are. Is it true nowadays, you all use a tablet to draw, not on paper and scanned in?

ajsweedl

ramyb wrote:I debated whether to rework this design or not, since my original vision only had one wing and I sort of liked it that way, but then I decided to give it a go and here is the result. I tried to address all of the concerns brought up on the original version, hope you guys like the outcome. I also wanted to say thanks to everyone who critiqued the original and helped me make the design better

it got my vote, but doesn't having two similar designs split up the vote? Well, you are our favorite artist. We check out your personal designs too. Our favorites are still the ones that become Woot shirts.
Regards, aj

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
orabbit wrote:Wow, I completely missed this. It's so charming! I think your thumbnail could have been better. Maybe a closeup of the tiny elephant. As is, it just looks nondescript. I think alot of people must have missed it.

Thank you! I always struggle to figure out what to do with a thumbnail, so I appreciate the constructive feedback

autsey

collinvh wrote:Glad this popped into the hotness and got my attention. Really liking your line work and the elephant is just great. GMV.

Thank you for your vote and kind words!

alsashaturner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alsashaturner

this is beautiful, aaaaaah! its great!

autsey

orabbit wrote:An alpine ibex. An experiment in drawing the highlights. It's harder than I thought!

It's SO hard! You did a great job! :-D

zanitie23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zanitie23
wepnar wrote:I nominate chickens to be the next woot animal meme!!

Yes! I can do a lot of different chicken designs... Just stare at mine all day and wait for ideas.

genghisjon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genghisjon
flattopfrank wrote:Thanks, I needed the ribbing. Especially after the votes I recieved or lack there of. LOL Also remember, it's possible to get someone's heart by chanting Kali Ma, Kali Ma, Kali Ma ! (Temple of Doom)

Hey, you are getting more votes than me! I'm a rookie here - so do you find that it's the designs that get submitted earliest that win more often? Just curious.

jonastrump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonastrump
tia1982 wrote:I like this. Simple and cute. I wish the shirt color was different though.

What color would you prefer, for both the art and the shirt?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Looks more like a turnip to me.