sassymango


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sassymango
greenleaf44 wrote:Or even printed on the back of the shirt? Next time around, maybe?




agreed - I'd buy it if it were printed on the back of the shirt

Jessara


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara

For several years, the Officers' Club at Norfolk Naval Station, which was located in Pennsylvania House, was called the Green Door. It wasn't round, though.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
RobinBobcat wrote:. . . You say 'third boob' like it's a *bad* thing?



WHAT IF YOU HAD TRIPLETS?

-I'm just sayin'

jwilday


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jwilday
orabbit wrote:Try to build and hang a round door. It's pure fantasy, I tell you!



Not true at all. I have seen hundreds of boiler doors that were round and had two hinges. They are not your traditional door hinges but they work. Anyone in the Navy has probably seen them too. Seriously.

gooseygoose


quality posts: 9 Private Messages gooseygoose

I need this for when the Hobbit movie comes out (on my birthday!!!) It will be a nice cross between excited to go see the midnight premier but not over the top nerd coming in with hairy feet

gracelit


quality posts: 3 Private Messages gracelit

My first thought: a green version of the 'droid start up icon.

RipRap


quality posts: 2 Private Messages RipRap
vcrowley wrote:Oh! I love this! It's beautiful! Except... It would look like a third boob. Sad. I sort of-almost-kind of-maybe wish I were a man, so I could wear this shirt...



do not be shy. a third boob would put you above every other woman on this planet! You would be an instant celeb! http://www.thethirdboob.com/ Do it.
Buy and wear this shirt. I guarantee something will happen to you. Maybe even something like this! http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/total-recall-three-boob-actress-getting-lot-attention-174935980.html
Please make sure and take a video of the event and post it on Youtube. Thank you....

More than 100 Woots (RipRap is better than everybody else, according to WOOT)
stop asking me to send you my used words. I recycle!

kashmirton


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kashmirton

http://www.highlifetreehouses.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Childrens-Hobbit-house.jpg

superhulk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages superhulk
sharksfan1 wrote:Yep!



Why would this make you think of Lost?

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

All you hobbit fans sure are going to feel dumb when you realize this is a Shakin' Stevens shirt.

;p

Adelas


quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

yoo-hoo, powers that be.... *waves money* this could be yours... all you need to do is make this design as a hoodie!

mellielou


quality posts: 5 Private Messages mellielou

A central uni-boob. I'll pass.

bluejester


quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

It's pretty and all, but I would worry that some over-zealous surgeon might take it as an open invitation.

TheGolux


quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 13.228s
First Sucker: macmankev
Last Wooter to Woot: jkllmno
Last Purchase: 9 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 49% of Shirt Woots
Top 46% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 1147

First day sales 1147

wizodd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wizodd

No Talls....

wingedsurfgirl


quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
Adelas wrote:yoo-hoo, powers that be.... *waves money* this could be yours... all you need to do is make this design as a hoodie!



I WOULD fork over some serious green stuff for this on a zip up hoodie... Image on back.

Adelas


quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

HOOOOOOOOOOOODIEEEEEEEEEEEEE. PULLOVER HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

*jedi wave*
HOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDIEEEEEEEEEE

stuperfan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stuperfan

I'm with ya...I thought of "The Green Door" too, but only because of the wording of the text.
The shirt was obviously a hobbit door...though I don't think the doors were green. Oh well...

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

fun fact: there's a swinger's club in vegas called "the green door."


it's disappointing.

unlike this design!


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

PemberDucky wrote:

it's disappointing.



i mean, that's what i have heard.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

CowboyDann wrote:



it wasn't just my eye.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

CowboyDann


quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
PemberDucky wrote:it wasn't just my eye.




This is going on in my pants right now

aethera21


quality posts: 1 Private Messages aethera21

Saw someone wearing The Green Door at a Renn Faire on Saturday. Much more appropriate than the 12 different people I saw in steampunk costumes!

ravenstarwind


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravenstarwind

Got my shirt the other day but the back of the design is sticky. I've never had a woot shirt that was like that before.

~Raven~

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ravenstarwind wrote:Got my shirt the other day but the back of the design is sticky. I've never had a woot shirt that was like that before.

I believe that's the stuff they put on the plate (or whatever it's called) to hold the shirt in place while it's screen printed. It should come out in the first wash. If it doesn't, email service@woot.com for assistance.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sunnyx0r


quality posts: 9 Private Messages sunnyx0r
Adelas wrote:HOOOOOOOOOOOODIEEEEEEEEEEEEE. PULLOVER HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

*jedi wave*
HOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDIEEEEEEEEEE



I second this. Definitely seems like a hoodie-type design.

ravenstarwind


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravenstarwind
ThunderThighs wrote:I believe that's the stuff they put on the plate (or whatever it's called) to hold the shirt in place while it's screen printed. It should come out in the first wash. If it doesn't, email service@woot.com for assistance.



Thanks for the info.

~Raven~

wingman0609


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wingman0609

I ordered 2 shirts on September 10th. I received them this week. One was ordered for my boyfriend for his birthday, a men's large, and one was ordered for myself, a women's medium. I received a men's large and my boyfriend is thrilled with it; however, I also received a *men's* medium for myself, not a *women's* medium as ordered. If I want to wear an over-sized t-shirt for me to go swimming in, I can simply steal one of his, namely the men's large we just received. Is there anything I can do to get this fixed and receive the correct item ordered? PLEASE HELP!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wingman0609 wrote:I ordered 2 shirts on September 10th. I received them this week. One was ordered for my boyfriend for his birthday, a men's large, and one was ordered for myself, a women's medium. I received a men's large and my boyfriend is thrilled with it; however, I also received a *men's* medium for myself, not a *women's* medium as ordered. If I want to wear an over-sized t-shirt for me to go swimming in, I can simply steal one of his, namely the men's large we just received. Is there anything I can do to get this fixed and receive the correct item ordered? PLEASE HELP!



Were you aware that we changed our shirt blanks back in February? The ladies' sizes run a bit larger.

An easy way to tell is by the tags:

Dark blue on the top tag around the ! logo = men's.
Light blue on the top tag around the ! logo = women's.

If you still feel like you received the wrong size, you can email service@woot.com for assistance.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wingman0609


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wingman0609
ThunderThighs wrote:Were you aware that we changed our shirt blanks back in February? The ladies' sizes run a bit larger.


I had not previously been aware of this change, but I would propose, "a bit larger" is an understatement as I'm swimming in the thing. I *might* wear it to the premier of The Hobbit, but likely never again except to sleep, and even then I prefer blank, unscreened shirts and tanks for sleeping purposes.

ThunderThighs wrote:An easy way to tell is by the tags:

Dark blue on the top tag around the ! logo = men's.
Light blue on the top tag around the ! logo = women's.


I'm still going to measure my shirt for posterity sake; however, based on this information I in fact did receive a men's large and a women's medium, as ordered, and I resign myself to the fact that there is little that will be done to rectify my dilemma. Though I am hopeful based on ProfHotpants comment on Feb 22nd that, "...We're not out to be jerks to our customers. We want you to be happy and your closet to be full of our shirts!" , I am left with little left but to rant and whine.

I'm highly disappointed in this whole situation. I did not know of the new supplier with the altered sizes. I should have more closely checked the sizing chart and better informed myself, and for that I take full responsibility. Instead, I based my order on previous experience.

I've only had 2 previous shirt.woot orders, both had been women's smalls. The first was back in May of last year I would guess (I had received it as a gift, so I'm not entirely positive of the order date). It was a bit snug but wearable and I loved it. The second was ordered on May 10th of this year and it is unbearably tight.

Based on this I resigned myself to the fact that in our time together, I may have let myself go just a little. It happens, you know... It's not unheard of. Women, we want to attract our partners, draw them in, but inevitably over time we grow comfortable. We worry less about what you will think if we haven't done our hair or makeup for our big date out on the town and we have the 3rd milkshake without concern of judgment. Thus, resigned myself to this fact of our relationship and I went up a size to have some literal breathing room.

Now I understand that you will have residual stock from the old supplier that you must use up; however, clearer indication of which supplier, such as a banner of some sort, would have been nice during and proceeding this transition. Although I had been unaware of the supplier change, the purchase on May 10th was indeed after the change in supplier on February 22nd. I have gone back through The Reckoning archives, checking the selling points for the 2 most recent purchases, as well as skimmed the forums regarding the new supplier. Although the forums promised a clear indication of which blank was used, old or new, I do not see such indications at the selling points. How would I know going forward if this is based on the old AA blank or the new Anvil blank?

All this to say, woot, you have great deals and delicious wit that has sustained this relationship, but your less than stellar customer service, based on interactions I've had in the last month or so regarding this and other purchases, is leaving me a little heartbroken.

I loved you, but am not sure I can love you anymore. I think it's time we see other people... I know, I know, for you this has been an open relationship all along, and if I'm honest, it has been for myself as well, but you must know you're not the only rodeo in this town? Mistakes have been made on both sides. I should have paid closer attention and gotten to know the true you better. It would have saved both of us unnecessary heartache, and maybe, just maybe things would be different between us today. Our time together will always hold a fond place in my heart, but I just need some space and time.

Every year, I'll take a holiday; I will go to Florence - there's this cafe, on the banks of the Arno. Every fine evening, I'll sit there and order a Fernet Branca. I have this fantasy, that I will look across the tables and I'll see you there, with a wife and maybe a couple of kids. You won't say anything to me, nor me to you. But we'll both know that you've made it, that you are happy.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

On the features tab, we state where the shirt was manufactured. We are pretty much done with the switch over though and all short sleeve shirts are Anvil now. In the Plus sales, the long-sleeve shirts are usually still AA.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

intunepiccolo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages intunepiccolo

This shirt is just as glorious to wear as I hoped!

The design is well-placed to not distort on a female bust.

I was a bit worried that the door shading and knob would cause a triple-breast trompe l'oeil, but the dark frame prevents that.

If other ladies are still worried about it, just order on the large side so the shirt falls naturally instead of pulling tight across the chest, and all will be well.

Superb shirt!

skedos


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skedos

I hope you bring this shirt back before the opening of The Hobbit. In fact, I hope you bring back ALL Tolkien-related shirts before the opening of The Hobbit!!!! I didn't get to buy it when it was available because I was all out of fun money. But I'm saving up my fun money to buy All The Shirts. You've got about a month. So let's see 'em!

tourbi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tourbi

I hope it becomes available again!!