Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

So what do you think? Should I keep conversing with you guys in here? Or would you rather focus on answering the poll questions instead? My forums posts don't get as much attention as the polls do, so maybe I already know the answer...

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

I've never seen where you can actually answer the poll, just the poll with the results.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
Slydon wrote:So what do you think? Should I keep conversing with you guys in here? Or would you rather focus on answering the poll questions instead? My forums posts don't get as much attention as the polls do, so maybe I already know the answer...

I prefer the conversation over the poll, personally.

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

mrwednesday wrote:I've never seen where you can actually answer the poll, just the poll with the results.

I'm not totally sure I'm answering what you're asking, but the poll's on the front page of every site, down at the bottom, if that's what you mean.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I like the conversations more. I seldom visit the other forums, so shirts and EBW are about all that I see regularly.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Slydon wrote:I'm not totally sure I'm answering what you're asking, but the poll's on the front page of every site, down at the bottom, if that's what you mean.

That is what I was asking, thank you. I've looked for it before, but never seemed to find it, and I thought I had checked the bottom but maybe not low enough. Has anyone ever told you guys that the front page is a total clusterflunk that should be organized in a much better way and also that there is still waaaaay too much white? Maybe you should do a poll about it.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
mrwednesday wrote:That is what I was asking, thank you. I've looked for it before, but never seemed to find it, and I thought I had checked the bottom but maybe not low enough. Has anyone ever told you guys that the front page is a total clusterflunk that should be organized in a much better way and also that there is still waaaaay too much white? Maybe you should do a poll about it.

maybe you should take a pole to it!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Slydon wrote:My forums posts don't get as much attention as the polls do, so maybe I already know the answer...

quality over quantity.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
no1 wrote:quality over quantity.

Not these days.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Are you brave enough to run a poll asking Anvil or AA?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I really liked your discussion questions a lot. Even if I didn't feel I had anything to contribute, I enjoyed reading the responses.

I do think that if one posed the questions, one should have engaged with the answers a bit more, to get people really going, even if just to playfully fight or mock, a la the old woot way. I guess that's just the callous instigator in me? I have no idea if you ever even got time from woot to come back to the threads after posting the questions. Or, hells, if you even thought the answers were worth engaging!

It's disappointing that shirt is apparently going the way of the other sites with the polls.

But I understand.