phoenix4159

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phoenix4159

I really thought this wasn't going to get made since *6* others from that derby went up ahead of it. I've been rooting for it ever since I first saw it.

I really don't need any more T-shirts, but I'm getting this one anyway. :-)

Now I can vote in the derbies! Yay!!!

riothero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riothero

This is the first shirt in about 2 months that doesn't have a cartoon or some kind of ironic logo on it. Very well done, finally something worth buying since the price change.

jiffsmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jiffsmom

I really want to buy one of these shirts, but it won't click through the "Buy Now" button. Help please. This is the best looking shirt I've seen in a while. Oops!I figured it out.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jiffsmom wrote:I really want to buy one of these shirts, but it won't click through the "Buy Now" button. Help please. This is the best looking shirt I've seen in a while. Oops!I figured it out.

kazimir87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazimir87

The shirt looks awesome, I bought it making that my first purchase on this site.

mecarmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecarmom

Great shirt! I ordered one, Admin, but in the wrong size. I just sent an email to request a change in size, and read in FAQ that I might try the forums. Here it is! What are my chances in getting the order revised?

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl

[quote postid="5161536" user="CowboyDann"]

I guess that's why art is an interactive experience, it affects us all differently. It is gorgeous, and to me seems hopeful. She is looking out seeing twinkling colored lights (light emerging from dark) there is a bird in flight (rising above), and a tree stretching out, exposed in the darkness. Heck... If it was me, I'd definitely go to a place as beautiful as that, and with my back to you, you wouldn't see my camera taking it all in. ;)

ROGETRAY

Staff

mecarmom wrote:Great shirt! I ordered one, Admin, but in the wrong size. I just sent an email to request a change in size, and read in FAQ that I might try the forums. Here it is! What are my chances in getting the order revised?

Pretty good, especially if you email service@woot.com as well

westz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages westz

while i was checking my bank to make sure i had the money to buy this, i noticed fraud charges (not from woot, don't worry) and had to cancel my card... but i forgot to order the shirt first, so now if this doesn't last until next tuesday, i will miss out on it... so depressing maybe i'll get a friend to buy it for me...

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 43.669s
First Sucker: dsaiz11
Last Wooter to Woot: daverrod@cox.net
Last Purchase: a minute ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 0% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 0% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 1602

First day sales 1602

caherrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caherrick

I thought this was Katniss from Hunger Games when I first saw this shirt. Very well done.

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero

i was travelling to Norway ,reason of my silence,thanks a lot again for all the warm comments.I'm really happy to read it .

greeneyedgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneyedgirl

This was my first woot buy, I'm just praying I got the right size! I may cry if it dosent fit.😭💦
Just on the chance it dosent can I get a different size?

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot

Okay, I admit, this is my first real disappointment in shirt.woot since the big blank switch and since my first purchase, really.

The screenprint is nice and soft, but, all of the colors came out SUPER muted. I know someone mentioned the same thing happening on the collab design in the Robbie Lee spotlight sale... Has anyone else had the same issue with this particular design?

I wouldn't really mind, except the yellow came out more like a muddy olive green (and not very visible), and the magenta and baby blue both came out pretty dark as well -- my main problem is how the yellow came out though. Even my monitor on the darkest setting shows the colors as brighter than what printed.

I don't expect prints to be as bright as the displayed design, but this was a reallllly drastic difference, considering I bought it because the colors were so nice, and now it just looks all gray and blah :| I was hoping it'd print more like The Black Hole, or even Escape -- which came out a bit less vibrant without detracting from the original design -- but guess not. Even with a black blank, I wouldn't expect it to print so dark... D:

[took the shirt out of the bag just now, so if necessary, I can add photo(s) of it later]

ROGETRAY

Staff

vivbot wrote:Okay, I admit, this is my first real disappointment in shirt.woot since the big blank switch and since my first purchase, really.

The screenprint is nice and soft, but, all of the colors came out SUPER muted. I know someone mentioned the same thing happening on the collab design in the Robbie Lee spotlight sale... Has anyone else had the same issue with this particular design?

I wouldn't really mind, except the yellow came out more like a muddy olive green (and not very visible), and the magenta and baby blue both came out pretty dark as well -- my main problem is how the yellow came out though. Even my monitor on the darkest setting shows the colors as brighter than what printed.

I don't expect prints to be as bright as the displayed design, but this was a reallllly drastic difference, considering I bought it because the colors were so nice, and now it just looks all gray and blah :| I was hoping it'd print more like The Black Hole, or even Escape -- which came out a bit less vibrant without detracting from the original design -- but guess not. Even with a black blank, I wouldn't expect it to print so dark... D:

[took the shirt out of the bag just now, so if necessary, I can add photo(s) of it later]

If you're unhappy with your purchase, please feel free to email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to try and help you out

sincerely,
Woot Staff

t3light

quality posts: 0 Private Messages t3light
vivbot wrote:Okay, I admit, this is my first real disappointment in shirt.woot since the big blank switch and since my first purchase, really.

Please add photos

ssj2pizza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssj2pizza

I also was sad about how the colors turned out. Thankfully it fits though, first shitwoot purchase for myself. The baby blue on mine was fine but you can't see the magenta really, and the yellow is very greenish, kinda like vomit. Also in some spots the colors are hardly visible. I love the design though, the shirt print didn't do it justice.

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2

Same here, almost no baby blue, the yellow is olive and not as extensive as I was expecting,and the magenta is faint.
I love this design and was so disappointed.

And, yes, I have written to woot and have yet to get a reply.

kharmazero

i didn't received my shirts yet, but i'll come back to say what i think about the print and colors.

sleepyshadowfox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleepyshadowfox

I think this is probably my favorite shirtWoot! purchase thus far. I see others are complaining about the colors being too muted...the colors in my shirt are bright enough that my dad asked if it glows in the dark. Up close, the yellow is a bit greenish, and less bright than the picture, but overall, I'm quite satisfied with the design, colors, and fit of the shirt.

bananaman42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bananaman42
debbernaut wrote:awesome design, but I don't need to advertise my depression by actually wearing it. Would buy it as a print though.

I would get a print of this in a heartbeat.

Dyslexics of the world, untie!

feeona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages feeona

I just got mine today and I'm pretty sad about the colours. It was the bright yellows that really attracted me to the shirt but you can't even see them.

Picture attached. I really don't want to send this back but it's not the shirt I was looking forward too.

With the flash you can see the colours but otherwise it's very muted, especially compared to the stock photo.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

feeona wrote:I just got mine today and I'm pretty sad about the colours. It was the bright yellows that really attracted me to the shirt but you can't even see them.

Picture attached. I really don't want to send this back but it's not the shirt I was looking forward too.

With the flash you can see the colours but otherwise it's very muted, especially compared to the stock photo.

Please email service@woot.com and include the links to your photos. (Don't attach the photos, our CS email servers barfs those out.) Let them look into this.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

feeona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages feeona
ThunderThighs wrote:Please email service@woot.com and include the links to your photos. (Don't attach the photos, our CS email servers barfs those out.) Let them look into this.

No worries, will do. Just someone asked for photos on here and I wanted to show them.

apierce713

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apierce713

Yes, that's exactly what my shirt is like too! I was really disappointed by the coloring as well. :/

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2

I finally heard from woot about my shirt and they sent me a replacement that just arrived.

And it looks GREAT!!! The yellows are there, the blues are there, the magenta is showing up. I don't know what they did to make it work, but it works!

So happy! I'm really going to enjoy wearing it.

Thanks Woot!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

wanderbug2 wrote:I finally heard from woot about my shirt and they sent me a replacement that just arrived.

And it looks GREAT!!! The yellows are there, the blues are there, the magenta is showing up. I don't know what they did to make it work, but it works!

So happy! I'm really going to enjoy wearing it.

Thanks Woot!

success!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot

Late update with photos (sorry!)

With flash, during the daytime:

No flash, taken with my phone to capture just how gray it came out:

Compared to The Black Hole (top = flash, bottom = no flash, both in daylight):

And to better show the difference between what printed and the vibrancy I was expecting... since that little stripey planet is yellow and the gray-green blobs are also supposed to be yellow... (w/flash):

I've bought enough Woot shirts that I know what they're capable of printing, hence the disappointment. I'll try e-mailing CS with pics though! Hopefully everyone's shirt comes out okay eventually

gallifreya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gallifreya

So mine arrived today (shipping from another continent is always slow, but the shirt I ordered a week or so later arrived first!) and I'm also disappointed with the colours, it just doesn't do it justice. Is there a specific procedure for this or do we just drop an email? Are pics required?

ThunderThighs

Staff

gallifreya wrote:So mine arrived today (shipping from another continent is always slow, but the shirt I ordered a week or so later arrived first!) and I'm also disappointed with the colours, it just doesn't do it justice. Is there a specific procedure for this or do we just drop an email? Are pics required?

Sorry you're unhappy with the shirt.

As to pictures, they help because they get passed on to the shirt staff. Just don't attach them to the email. Upload the photos to a photo sharing site like tinypic.com or imgur.com. Then send the link in your email.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

littledebbieann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littledebbieann

Does anyone know if the coloring has now been adjusted on all of these shirts? Or just on ones that people complain about? Would love to order it if the colors really turn out right!

kharmazero

I just wrote to Woot to ask if the color issue is on some samples or on all the production.

littledebbieann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littledebbieann
kharmazero wrote:I just wrote to Woot to ask if the color issue is on some samples or on all the production.

Have you heard anything back from them yet?

kharmazero

So, i received my shirts,they are ok, but right the 612C color has muted a little bit.It still very nice to me.

kharmazero

littledebbieann wrote:Have you heard anything back from them yet?

yes,They 'll have to ask the production team if the color has muted at printing process, but i guess coming 5 weeks after with this kind of question is not a real priority.Anyway, according the print is nice.

xumingyang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xumingyang

why the S is 18'',American size chart shows that S is 38'',what's wrong in this chart size.

ThunderThighs

Staff

xumingyang wrote:why the S is 18'',American size chart shows that S is 38'',what's wrong in this chart size.

Not sure what other chart you are looking at that shows 38". Our chart is accurate for these shirts.

larryc23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larryc23
kharmazero wrote:yes,They 'll have to ask the production team if the color has muted at printing process, but i guess coming 5 weeks after with this kind of question is not a real priority.Anyway, according the print is nice.

Any news on the muted colors? I would like to order one of these shirts but really want those colors that pop.
Great job, Kharmazero!

kharmazero

larryc23 wrote:Any news on the muted colors? I would like to order one of these shirts but really want those colors that pop.
Great job, Kharmazero!

thanks a lot, not yet ,-))i guess you could order one and complain if you're not happy with it.Personnally i was happy enough with mine to order some more.

gallifreya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gallifreya

So I just got my replacement, having emailed about the first shirt I got and seen that other people got replacements that actually worked, and it looks pretty much the same. The yellow might be slightly brighter (this might just be the lighting) but it's still really muted, and you still can't see the magenta at all besides one bit near the top of the design.

Has anyone got photos of their replacement next to the first shirt, or just pictures of the good version?