5%
4%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

gertiestn

quality posts: 56 Private Messages gertiestn

I am sooooo glad to see this print! One of the few shirts that's actually made me LOL.

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester

I love the look on this guy's eyes. Apelad did a great job capturing a look that is a mix of both tired resignation and boredom.

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz

Don't wear this shirt backwards unless you want a monkey on your back.

jonyen98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonyen98

Does the text "friends, Romans" appear anywhere on the shirt?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester
CowboyDann wrote:

Okay, I both laughed out loud and felt bad at the same time when I saw this.

Chandin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chandin

I've got 999,999 problems...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jonyen98 wrote:Does the text "friends, Romans" appear anywhere on the shirt?

Nope, it's just like we show it.

Here's the explanation of the title for those needing help.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

callthekiteman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages callthekiteman

Poor bored monkey. I feel badly for him. He needs a drink.

Quasiskunk

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Quasiskunk

Artist's self-portrait?

safyrejet

quality posts: 122 Private Messages safyrejet

Just so long as that monkey isn't typing something like "All work and no play makes Jack a dull monkey" over and over and over and over and...

'Cause that would just be creepy

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Quasiskunk wrote:Artist's self-portrait?

I haven't had so ample a hairline for some time now.

Thanks for the votes, everyone! I really appreciate it, from the bottom of my aedlrjqaewoif.

soliver

quality posts: 27 Private Messages soliver

It's pretty clear that even if the observable universe were filled with monkeys the size of atoms typing from now until the heat death of the universe, their total probability to produce a single instance of Hamlet would still be a great many orders of magnitude less than one in 10183,800. As Kittel and Kroemer put it, "The probability of Hamlet is therefore zero in any operational sense of an event...", and the statement that the monkeys must eventually succeed "gives a misleading conclusion about very, very large numbers." This is from their textbook on thermodynamics, the field whose statistical foundations motivated the first known expositions of typing monkeys. (wiki:infinite monkey theorem)

robovox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robovox

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times."

truck you and the horse you rode in on.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Little does Woot know, but "Aedlrjqaewoif" is actually the Swedish word for a pickled herring and mayonnaise dish.

Fantastic winner, I imagine this will be a popular one at the Woot office.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

soliver

quality posts: 27 Private Messages soliver
robovox wrote:"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times."

You stupid monkey!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
bluejester wrote:Okay, I both laughed out loud and felt bad at the same time when I saw this.

woohoo! Mission accomplished :3 really almost considered not doing it, but I know the writers have thick skin

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua
ApeLad wrote:I haven't had so ample a hairline for some time now.

Thanks for the votes, everyone! I really appreciate it, from the bottom of my aedlrjqaewoif.

Really a great design! Thank you for drawing it, but please keep whatever is at the bottom of your aedlrjqaewoif right where it is.

morsmordre

quality posts: 2 Private Messages morsmordre

"Ford? There's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for 'Hamlet' they've worked out."

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
bluejester wrote:Okay, I both laughed out loud and felt bad at the same time when I saw this.

Considering woots obsession with monkeys I'm surprised the writers didn't make the joke.

lonelypond

quality posts: 435 Private Messages lonelypond

Evening's entertainment by apelad...excellent.

OldensLow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages OldensLow

"Strictly speaking, one immortal monkey would suffice." -- Jorge Luis Borges

Ryokincaid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryokincaid

Awesome! So glad this one made it, hope it comes back as a long sleeve too!

greyhound989

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greyhound989

Odd that the write up nails the quirks of Winter's Tale, but gives Hamlet's nunnery line to Romeo.

racinreaver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages racinreaver

This reminds me of this shirt I got from Woot! a few years ago in a random pack: http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/14004/monkey-play

I was surprised with how many people comment on it. Makes me tempted to get this one as well.

wingnut99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wingnut99
soliver wrote:It's pretty clear that even if the observable universe were filled with monkeys the size of atoms typing from now until the heat death of the universe, their total probability to produce a single instance of Hamlet would still be a great many orders of magnitude less than one in 10183,800. As Kittel and Kroemer put it, "The probability of Hamlet is therefore zero in any operational sense of an event...", and the statement that the monkeys must eventually succeed "gives a misleading conclusion about very, very large numbers." This is from their textbook on thermodynamics, the field whose statistical foundations motivated the first known expositions of typing monkeys. (wiki:infinite monkey theorem)

That's the easy part. here's what the yougins here need to know...

A typewriter is a mechanical or electromechanical device with keys that, when pressed, cause characters to be printed on a medium, usually paper. Typically one character is printed per keypress, and the machine prints the characters by making ink impressions of type elements similar to the sorts used in movable type letterpress printing.
(also taken from wiki)

mrknobs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrknobs

That theory of infinite monkeys constantly typing eventually producing all the works of Shakespeare has pretty much been disproven by the a huge experiment. It's called, "The Internet."

jstiles85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstiles85
greyhound989 wrote:Odd that the write up nails the quirks of Winter's Tale, but gives Hamlet's nunnery line to Romeo.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed (and was bothered by) this.

Boxymoron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Boxymoron
mrknobs wrote:a huge experiment. It's called, "The Internet."

I thought it was "/b/"

o:

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0

I'm thinking this is funny for atheists because religious people think it's impossible for life to have been created randomly. Even though you have billions of years and an abundant supply of carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, and phosphorus.

These are fewer elements than the number of keys on a keyboard.

Even though you have billions of years to randomly assemble these 5 elements, some people think it was impossible but here we are -- proof it wasn't impossible.

Now the question is, how easy was it really? That's why we are exploring Mars to see if there's life there and then we will have one less variable in the drake equation.

Someone once told me, creating life is like having a tornado go through a junk yard and randomly assembling a 747 jumbo jet. I disagree since there are more than the 5 building blocks in a 747.

So in conclusion (while I'm on my evolution soap box), the infinite monkey theory typing an entire work of Shakespeare is not quite the same value in probability of creating life randomly.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Congrats Apelad!!

So long as they can't replace artists with monkeys I'm happy, wait... oh crap.

jonburgessdesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonburgessdesign

Nice shirt. a take on the Bob Newhart joke on the same subject back in the sixties, but he chose Hamlet.
"To be or not to be, that is the . . . gezornenplatt. . "
;-)

yosefa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yosefa
greyhound989 wrote:Odd that the write up nails the quirks of Winter's Tale, but gives Hamlet's nunnery line to Romeo.

Heh! I just assumed it was one of those oddball variants on the infinite stack of rejected scripts.

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

I actually liked Winter's Tale. ._.

tippypaws

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tippypaws

Love it, the artwork actually reminds me of the old Mad Magazine drawings.

vipre01

quality posts: 6 Private Messages vipre01

I thought this was going to be a Robot Chicken shirt.

wpegden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wpegden
jonyen98 wrote:Does the text "friends, Romans" appear anywhere on the shirt?

I have a radical suggestion. Woot shirts should not have titles... at least not during the woot-offs.

trekkiepirate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trekkiepirate

I did notice that too. Though they got the Act number and Scene number right, it's just it was Hamlet to Ophelia, not Romeo to Juliet.

rsnider19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rsnider19

This is what code monkeys looked like back in the day.