krlockwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krlockwood

"Get thee to a nunnery" is Hamlet!

popemegaforce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popemegaforce
krlockwood wrote:"Get thee to a nunnery" is Hamlet!

I twitched a little when I saw the joke but I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught it.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

And Dennis Hopper shouts "Monkey!"

posegate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages posegate
krlockwood wrote:"Get thee to a nunnery" is Hamlet!

+1!!!

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

Is this monkey writing my lab report for me? I'm sure it's going to turn out way better than if I wrote it myself.

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

pfconcolor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pfconcolor
robovox wrote:"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times."

What does the Infinite Monkey Theorem say about the works of Charles chalkens? (chalkens = censoring software version of D-i-c-k-e-n-s... did the chimps write this software too?)

applepielicious

quality posts: 3 Private Messages applepielicious

Would make a great uniform for work...hahaha

Don't hate me cuz I'm adorable...hate me cuz I'm younger than you!

yayro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yayro

Holy crap. Shirt.woot broke my heart when it gave in and went all Mario/kawai!!1!/Ramy and the like. I can count on three fingers the number of t-shirts that I've bought here in the past three years.

This feels like an old school Woot shirt. It's subtle. It's amusing. It's not cute for cute's sake.

Nice job, ApeLad.

cougar3429

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cougar3429

Monkeys
Say
Nothing
But
Crap

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

A great design, but yet another gray shirt. *sigh*

eljefe6a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eljefe6a

/shamelessplug

My monkeys did it on a smaller scale for every work of Shakespeare http://www.jesse-anderson.com/2011/10/a-few-million-monkeys-randomly-recreate-every-work-of-shakespeare/

Also wooting now that I have a cool tshirt.

TooBah

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TooBah
jonburgessdesign wrote:Nice shirt. a take on the Bob Newhart joke on the same subject back in the sixties, but he chose Hamlet.
"To be or not to be, that is the . . . gezornenplatt. . "
;-)

Exactly what I thought when I saw this. Great routine.

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji

Next time you're in my office sketching me, please let me know. I would like to say hi!

spazzyhilo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazzyhilo

Am I the only one who immediately got JoCo's Code Monkey stuck in their head?

cglenwilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cglenwilliams

I started to comment on all the things that were wrong about the write-up, but then I re-read my comment and actually made myself angry at how pedantic I was being.

Instead, I'll just say, "Awesome design, ApeLad. Great work as always, and I can't wait to wear this."

Oh. And I'll say that "Get thee to a nunnery" was Hamlet speaking to Ophelia, not Romeo to Juliet. Because SERIOUSLY, guys.

blckclbrtn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blckclbrtn

The part of this that's so funny is the title, sadly. Without that, it's kinda meh.

rntonp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rntonp

Person baly, I think it would be better if the Woot title was on the shirt. Guess I'm not as intellectually savvy as those who "get it".
How bout a shirt that says

"I'm NOT schizophrenic, and so am I".

shaikt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaikt
cengland0 wrote:Someone once told me, creating life is like having a tornado go through a junk yard and randomly assembling a 747 jumbo jet. I disagree since there are more than the 5 building blocks in a 747.

Not a great analogy, since it implies that a 747 is the minimum level of complexity to be built from random events. A 747 is in many ways unnecessarily complex and in other ways too simple. The real trick is to get a self-replicating system going. Once you have that, you're done.

So in conclusion (while I'm on my evolution soap box), the infinite monkey theory typing an entire work of Shakespeare is not quite the same value in probability of creating life randomly.

I agree, but until we show a specific way to start a lifeform from scratch, someone will be able to argue that a Creator could have initiated life and then let evolution take over.

tempt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tempt

Finally pulled the trigger for my first woot shirt. The facial expression is priceless, especially for us cubicle monkeys...

natw311

quality posts: 1 Private Messages natw311

Seriously?

actmccool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages actmccool

I really like the print and the title together. I would definitely have bought it if the title were part of the picture. It's not as clever if the title isn't seen with the print. Almost had me sold.

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar

Love the design.

Still can't wear silver.

Sad.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

First day sales. 1526

randomwordz321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randomwordz321

Can this be put on a bag? Please!!

sjc3d

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sjc3d
shaikt wrote:I agree, but until we show a specific way to start a lifeform from scratch, someone will be able to argue that a Creator could have initiated life and then let evolution take over.

In truth, even if we show a specific way to start a lifeform from scratch, that doesn't preclude other methods (including a Creator). Occam (and I) would argue that the simpler solution is correct, but we can't prove it.

kntckyfrdchucken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kntckyfrdchucken

Is there any chance of this being made into a poster? I would love to have this framed to go in my basement.

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde

It's very "Frank 'Monkey Boy' Cho"...I like it!