walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Naolito wrote:I don't think the ideas have nothing in common appart from making a joke about orbits.
In any case, I'd like to know Walmazan's opinion here

I think the concept is totally different, and it don't have nothing in common. plus I love it and GMV!

devium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devium
darling375 wrote:I think the job of the American Voter is one of the worst... necessary, but still one of the worst.

You should have submitted this sooner. I would love this shirt

devium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devium
lyonscc wrote:This is a complete load of crap.

There is not a single photo used in this design - not even as a model.

I don't understand that at all. Where are they getting that from? You had a legitimate shot at winning. Bummer...

timelessblur

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timelessblur
ApeLad wrote:The next time you play a Zelda game, attack the chickens and see what happens. You'll be glad you did.

bone chickens are even better.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: The One Eyewasher

I love the internet. People defending blatant plagiarism = awesome!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
kylemittskus wrote:I love the internet. People defending blatant plagiarism = awesome!

I think it means that some of us would rather have a cool plagiarized shirt than the usual sappy stuff.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
kevlar51 wrote:*fingers crossed* I hate feeling left out.

Am I in the clique? I want to be in the clique! I've never been in one before. It sounds cool.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Am I in the clique? I want to be in the clique! I've never been in one before. It sounds cool.

I don't know, I can't tell if it's good or bad to be in the IN CROWD... they weren't nice in High School you know.

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
tomspc wrote:I think it means that some of us would rather have a cool plagiarized shirt than the usual sappy stuff.

Oh now you're just asking for it.

*hits eject button*

tomspc

bluetuba wrote:Oh now you're just asking for it.

*hits eject button*

LOL couldn't resist.

speedlazer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages speedlazer
Re: One purpose

SO true... Though I always preferred a flying type for this purpose.

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
SadieBlack wrote:Hey, I live in Alaska, where we eat more ice cream than anywhere else in the USA. Just sayin'!

Have you ever eaten baked alaska? So yummy!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Daily Grind

Thanks for all the great comments everyone!

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
walmazan wrote:I think the concept is totally different, and it don't have nothing in common. plus I love it and GMV!

Glad to hear from you Walmazan! Very cute design :D

darling375

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darling375
devium wrote:You should have submitted this sooner. I would love this shirt

Thank you! I had the idea yesterday, but this pesky job keeps me from playing...

lloyd2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002

No tinfoil hats here. You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing.

kylemittskus wrote:I love the internet. People defending blatant plagiarism = awesome!

I don't see anyone defending "blatant plagiarism". I see a pile on for no real reason.

The overlay way up there above doesn't prove anything at that resolution. Even at that there are obvious differences - and when you add in the rest of the design, I wonder if some people don't have better things to do with their time than try to nitpick the nerdy kids.

There are other designs higher up in this derby with coloring book images blatantly copied into them, yet we have guys here blowing up images 20X and trying to make pixel-width comparisons.

Madness.

tomspc

lloyd2002 wrote:No tinfoil hats here. You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing.

I don't see anyone defending "blatant plagiarism". I see a pile on for no real reason.

The overlay way up there above doesn't prove anything at that resolution. Even at that there are obvious differences - and when you add in the rest of the design, I wonder if some people don't have better things to do with their time than try to nitpick the nerdy kids.

There are other designs higher up in this derby with coloring book images blatantly copied into them, yet we have guys here blowing up images 20X and trying to make pixel-width comparisons.

Madness.

well put

sheenachu

Sorry you are getting so much fuss over this design ...My husband would Love this so you GMV

sheenachu

Re: I Quit!

Very clever and not cutesy :D Love it!

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
qetza wrote:Very nice!

Thanks, qetza. Also thanks so much to everyone else for supporting my silly design!

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
Re: The Cold Cup on tan

The job of having to hold the cold beverage on a cold day.

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
Re: The Cold Cup on yellow

The job of having to hold the cold beverage on a cold day.

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

nuglops

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nuglops

Awesome, Pebbles gone Tooth Fairy

Re: The Prehistoric Tooth Fairy

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
Re: Paranormal Investigator

Thanks guys! Here's a larger detail image:

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
lloyd2002 wrote:No tinfoil hats here. You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing.

Madness.

I'd be really interested to know who this "cool crowd" that is, and also specifically which designs make use of these blatantly copied coloring book images. I'm not trying to be cutlassy. I'd genuinely like to know. The vagueness isn't really winning any arguments.

pantilemon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantilemon
deboraho wrote:I have seen that and thought WOW ! I always feel bad for the folks with 1 or 0 votes....

Thank you. We deserve some pity already. :p

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
Re: Paranormal Investigator

Excellent details and I love that this design manages to tell such a full story. Wonderful job!

flattopfrank

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flattopfrank
lyonscc wrote:Ha! Loved that movie. Nice send-up of it...

Thanks. Young Frank is one of my all time favs. I had to pay tribute to it..(of course without making "Igor" look like the actor in the movie) It was either this or another great scene from the movie which I will have to save for a later date. The Idea is is still cooking in my head.

ThirstyFly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThirstyFly
Re: Crappy Job

Winner!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
kevlar51 wrote:*fingers crossed*

Me too, but don't tell anyone. I don't want people to think I care. That would be totally uncool. Unlike unicorns (which I hear are totally in this season).

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
wottwin wrote:It's a cute concept and I like some of your details (like the "live long and prosper" hand signal), I just think your execution needs a little refining. The background doesn't read Mars to me, too pinkish maybe, and since I'm not too familier with the Curiosity I thought it was Johnny 5 or Wall-E at first. Something that makes the design seem off to me is that the Curiosity has a hand-drawn, unsymetrical style. Since it's a machine I think it would be better if the lines and angles were more straight and symetrical like a real machine is. That's my two cents, hope you find it helpful. Keep on truckin'!

I had a similar reaction to this design. The idea itself is good, I just personally prefer when the design is a bit more polished, for lack of better phrasing. One aspect that stuck out to me is that the white part of the background reminded me of the effect the spray can in MS Paint has. That's cool for doodles/sketches, but not necessarily something I'm going to pay for. Again, the idea itself is not bad and I think the big thing is to just keep working, keep practicing. Talk to artists, watch tutorials.

lloyd2002

Re: Dino Cowboy

Well, hell.

If you're going to reject entries I want to buy for minor use of other images, why not do it for blatant ones?

lloyd2002

BootsBoots wrote:I'd be really interested to know who this "cool crowd" that is, and also specifically which designs make use of these blatantly copied coloring book images. I'm not trying to be cutlassy. I'd genuinely like to know. The vagueness isn't really winning any arguments.

See the velociraptor thread.

flattopfrank

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flattopfrank
Re: Laboratory Assistant

Ok folks... I'm looking for feed back. I've been steadily sending in submissions for this contest for a few weeks now. I still can't seem to break a bad pattern for lack of votes. I seem to waiver in and out of the hot list but, that seems to be it. Send me your feedback, good, bad or indifferent, please...

tomspc

Rejected again. wow. I hope they get the rest of photo/coloring book users too

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Laboratory Assistant

What you've got here is what we call a Cult Hit. The people who like it love it, and the rest just blink and move on. You can tell by the high vote to comment ratio.

You did a great job cartooning Eyegor there. This is the most professional thing I've seen you do to date. Keep this level up, and pair it with an idea that is more universal, and you're gold. I don't think 76 votes is anything to sneeze at though.

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit

I would like to address the Cute Clique conspiracy. It's hard to get printed. You have to have the rare combination of artistic talent and clever and universally appealing ideas. The people who have figured out how to do that keep doing it again and again, and learn from each other's successes along the way. It's easy to see patterns when you're looking for them. It's called confirmation bias.

Sure, there's a tendency for the usual suspects to socialize together, but that's just because artists are all secretly insecure and reclusive, and keep to their own kind.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Re: Worse Every Year

Oh that... is... GENIOUS!

grrlmarvel

orabbit wrote:I would like to address the Cute Clique conspiracy. It's hard to get printed. You have to have the rare combination of artistic talent and clever and universally appealing ideas. The people who have figured out how to do that keep doing it again and again, and learn from each other's successes along the way. It's easy to see patterns when you're looking for them. It's called confirmation bias.

Sure, there's a tendency for the usual suspects to socialize together, but that's just because artists are all secretly insecure and reclusive, and keep to their own kind.

Every post you've put up has been so great. Well thought out and put. Thank you. Just, thank you.

I'm being sincere as well, since it's hard to tell on Woot.

grrlmarvel

walmazan wrote:I think the concept is totally different, and it don't have nothing in common. plus I love it and GMV!

Agreed!