chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
Re: Paranormal Investigator

Thank you! I treated it like an investigation gone very wrong. Glad you enjoy the work!

jessicar64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicar64
collinvh wrote:
(check box) Yes, this design makes use of clip art, photos, traced photos or hand-drawn renditions of existing images

Question: I'm new here and not a great artist. I recall a product design class I had in college where we were supposed to draw our car - during class, quickly, with no reference image. Homework was to go home and draw the car while sitting in front of it. It was an eye-opening exercise for me. I've learned that my mental image of things is often distorted. (Like I said, I'm not a great artist.) If I want to make sure I get hand positions correctly, I have someone pose for me, or I take a photo of someone posing for me, and reference it. Is that not allowed?

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: oh no!! not again!!

Funny, I like it!

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
Re: Stay away!

ahhh okay, hahaha that's no ghost. now that i know, i wish that it were. that poor little guy. this takes on a whole new dimension... eesh.

fizzicksdude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fizzicksdude
oakenspirit wrote:Curiosity has the hardest job possible... Searching for life, ALL ALONE, on a planet light years away from his creators...

It's kind of like we are just throwing him out there to die...

Also... This shirt is Red...

Sorry, but as a physics guy I can't let you get away with saying that Curiosity is light years away...more like light minutes...around 7 min right now and 22 min when we are as far a part as possible.

loulousq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loulousq

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
jessicar64 wrote:Question: I'm new here and not a great artist. I recall a product design class I had in college where we were supposed to draw our car - during class, quickly, with no reference image. Homework was to go home and draw the car while sitting in front of it. It was an eye-opening exercise for me. I've learned that my mental image of things is often distorted. (Like I said, I'm not a great artist.) If I want to make sure I get hand positions correctly, I have someone pose for me, or I take a photo of someone posing for me, and reference it. Is that not allowed?

Your own image is fine. But there are a million pics of the Golden Gate bridge. You will have a hard time making a drawing that would not look like one of them--even one you took--so come up with something else or be prepared to discuss it a lot.

And for those wondering why shirts lower in the fog are less scrutinized...it has nothing to do with the artist or a threat. Shirts below 100+ votes will not print, so why bother? Pretty much every artist who fogs has been subject to drama. Good competitors accept it and move on, either correcting or not.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

doodlefay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doodlefay

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
kylemittskus wrote:Like who?!?! We'd obviously "unnecessarily jump all over them," as well.

read the rest of the blog....Dino Cowboy for one

oakenspirit

quality posts: 70 Private Messages oakenspirit
fizzicksdude wrote:Sorry, but as a physics guy I can't let you get away with saying that Curiosity is light years away...more like light minutes...around 7 min right now and 22 min when we are as far a part as possible.

See, I knew when I wrote that I was going to get flak...

haha

Lightyears just sounds so much cooler!

nikoby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikoby

Well done!

riddley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddley
Re: Have You Tried Turning it Off and On Again? V2

IT Crowd rocks! The show could use some deserved accolades. Too few know about it.

vtoivon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vtoivon

Please get this one up for sale soon...it's time is now!

vtoivon

myangelbear77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myangelbear77

I am glad to see a good SMB shirt that is not the typical kelly green (yuck!). I also think the content is hilarious. GMV!

dns12999

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dns12999
vdubber wrote:I've always wanted a shirt with a bomba on it!

Not to nit-pick but but you were looking for "bob-omb"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob-omb#Bob-omb

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey
numia123 wrote:Little late getting in, but here it is!
What could be worse than being sent to reap the soul of a helpless defenseless kitten!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! That kitty is too cute. I want that kitty on a shirt by itself! Who cares about the theme, I want to snuggle it!!!!

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
Re: The Aftermath

This is really great beautiful work!

sheenachu

Re: Armor Testing

This is by far one of my favorites right now!

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

Good, good. Nice changes, and excellent persistence. Good luck!

Re: The One Eyewasher - Remix

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
collinvh wrote:Like your characters. Nice drawing

Thanks a bunch!

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
chumpmagic wrote:Thanks everyone!

Yeah! Thanks everybody!! I really think this design turned out well if I do say so myself and it was a pleasure to work with the honorable Chumpmagic.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tomspc wrote:read the rest of the blog....Dino Cowboy for one

I tattled on that one. Others?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

hcschmidt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hcschmidt
Re: The One Eyewasher - Remix

Once again I will cast a vote for you, it really does not seem right what's been going on for you, hope this new one works out better ;)

Good luck!

rascul22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rascul22
Re: Worse Every Year

I want one so bad. This is AMAZING.

darling375

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darling375
vtoivon wrote:Please get this one up for sale soon...it's time is now!

Thanks! You're very kind... and I agree!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

kazmfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazmfire
lyonscc wrote:Started the mannequin/silhouette over from scratch, without looking at a darn thing as a guide.

I've attached my three iterations, just to show that it's a rough outline that doesn't match the previous contentious image.

Please vote again...

Major props for being so persistent and working through the issues.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
CYBERREQUIN wrote:DAW! bummer! i liked this shirt idea too, the halftones looked fantastic but the copy pasta dinos are a bummer

Yeah, agreed. It's wonderfully weird, but clip art is a no-no.

CYBERREQUIN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CYBERREQUIN
kylemittskus wrote:I tattled on that one. Others?

I think the IT Crowd one.
I LOVE that show, but im pretty sure the 8 bit graphic of Roy and Moss has GOT to BBC copyrighted, it doesnt look any different from the opening credits from the show :/
I tattled on it even though id really want that as a shirt.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
autsey wrote:Good, good. Nice changes, and excellent persistence. Good luck!

I'll toss my support back in, too. I really do like the idea (and the flames are awesome).

sheenachu

[quote postid="5175856" user="omarfeliciano"]Not original work, sorry.

I did create the 8-bit characters from the intro to match the theme, but I didn't copy that image...I guess next time I can make them more illustrative if I do another IT Crowd design, its not going to be printed anyways. I appreciate the feedback though guys.

kirkwren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirkwren
pantilemon wrote:Hey Wooters! I think I'm needing some help here. What do you guys think I'm doing wrong on my designs? This is my 6'th derby and I'm not getting any better it would seem, so I think its time for some 'constructive criticism' or hate mail... Whatevs, I'm not picky.

I love it....im gonna vote for it!!!

sheenachu

Really you could say that all of the Mario(or other popular themes) referenced designs are not original either because those images are also being re-created...its hard to create a "pop-culture" design without someone saying it is unoriginal...its all about the context I guess...IDK, I guess that's why so many people don't want pop culture references anymore.

I do understand your concerns though, I'll know for next time. Derby=Stressful blegh :/

sheenachu

Is this considered original work?

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/keep-calm-heres-a-towel

I wouldn't think so, yet it was in the fog the entire time and is being printed. It wouldn't bother me if there weren't already tons of very similar shirts out there with the same concept/joke and everything. I just don't get it...

tru2thefew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tru2thefew

EHHRRRMAHGERRD EEEERRRYONEZ ARE COPYCATZ PLAYGARRRRRIZ!

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
tru2thefew wrote:EHHRRRMAHGERRD EEEERRRYONEZ ARE COPYCATZ PLAYGARRRRRIZ!

All of these have been plagiarized? Wow. I knew there were more but not this many. tsk tsk

tru2thefew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tru2thefew
tomspc wrote:All of these have been plagiarized? Wow. I knew there were more but not this many. tsk tsk

kerryhart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerryhart

As I am a lab rat, I think this shirt would be great!

kerryhart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerryhart
DaBombb316 wrote:As a science person, I absolutely LOVE this shirt!

Me, too! I love the rat with the ear on its back!! Hysterical!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
sheenachu wrote:Really you could say that all of the Mario(or other popular themes) referenced designs are not original either because those images are also being re-created...its hard to create a "pop-culture" design without someone saying it is unoriginal...its all about the context I guess...IDK, I guess that's why so many people don't want pop culture references anymore.

I do understand your concerns though, I'll know for next time. Derby=Stressful blegh :/

The difference between your shirt and the Mario shirts is they aren't directly traced like this image obviously is. It's not surprising you don't understand this since you were defending the exact same thing in the Eye washer thread. You can use a reference. You can't trace. Reference = your own. Tracing = you're a thieving fink.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen