lloyd2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002
fuzzzydunlop wrote:I wouldn't worry about it too much, Naolito. This seems to be one of various accounts with 1 "woot" that love everything Lyonscc submits while bashing other things in the fog.

I'm not sure what your point is. I do like his/her design today, as well as fuacka's Video Game character therapist design. I was also critical of lyonscc's one-line designs, which I thought were either halftones or should have been rejected as pop culture.

In this case, I just read the comment about this design beings so "original", and I disagreed with there really being any originality with anthropomorphic planets walking around each other.

megopher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megopher
Re: Armor Testing

Patrick, you've got some awesome pens!
Love your work and hope this one prints!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 37 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Dance, kitty, dance

Gangnam Style dance instructor. Worst. Job. Ever. Hands. Down.

noshimo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noshimo

Ah ballet

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
lloyd2002 wrote:
In this case, I just read the comment about this design beings so "original", and I disagreed with there really being any originality with anthropomorphic planets walking around each other.

It is possible that the person who left that remark had not seen walmazan's design. People come and go, and don't necessarily check woot all the time.

There are tons of designs out there depicting planets, the moon, etc. A few artists here, like walmazan and wirdou, and now naolito, who have opted to depict planets this way. The designs aren't the same and the elements that overlap are so basic that, at least in my perspective, it's not an issue. For me, I liked what naolito did in terms of the expressions and actions and that distinguished the design from others. Just my 2 cents.

claranorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claranorth
Re: Death of a Comedian

That smiley face looks really similar to "The Watchmen" one, was that intentional? Especially since the comedian was the one who died wearing that smiley face. I'd like it a lot more if it was clearly a "Watchmen" reference; or clearly not if this tomato splatter similarity was just coincidence.

aerc712

Re: Superguizmo plumber

I smile whenever I check the derby and see this design. The expression and body language is perfect. Plus, when a design is well-done, cute, and funny, I can't help but love it. Great job.

aerc712

ochopika wrote:It would be a hard job to rescue overturned turtles... they'd probably be all indignant about it and wouldn't appreciate the help.

If you want to know, my real-life worst job was at textile factory making awnings. No joke, worst job ever. I'm pretty sure their treatment of women hadn't changed since the industrial revolution.

The explanation makes it that much better.

You have my sympathies in regards to the worst job. My dream job turned into the worst one purely because I worked with a caveman.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Balls busted

This would be a great design except for the puke.

aerc712

mjc613 wrote:This would be a great design except for the puke.

I totally understand your point (I'm terrible around puke) but I guess I'm also just twisted enough that I liked that detail.

The variety of the ailments was nice and really captured the different injuries and reactions that can happen after a rough day of playing a sport.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Repetitive Route

In my opinion, Naolito is very creative and he doesn't need to "borrow" ideas. There's a certain Woot style that has congealed over the years, but beyond that it's an original concept.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
oakenspirit wrote:Those ash piles look familiar... ;)
(I'd buy this one too...)

I have a copy of that shirt, too, and got lots of great comments on it at GenCon.

Well done, PP...

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 98 Private Messages Thirdbase9
ghast wrote:More like best job ever!

I don't see this as a bad job either.

I don't know.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 98 Private Messages Thirdbase9
Re: The One Eyewasher

Don't blink!

I don't know.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
claranorth wrote:That smiley face looks really similar to "The Watchmen" one, was that intentional? Especially since the comedian was the one who died wearing that smiley face. I'd like it a lot more if it was clearly a "Watchmen" reference; or clearly not if this tomato splatter similarity was just coincidence.

It's clearly a Watchmen reference. Comedian is *dying* on stage. I think it's pretty clever and like it.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Dance, kitty, dance

And why did you combine two of my favorite things? Cats and Psy! Thanks alot... now I gotta go listen to the song!

orabbit

Re: Turtles All The Way Down

Derp! deleted.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
orabbit wrote:A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: “What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.” The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, “What is the tortoise standing on?” “You’re very clever, young man, very clever,” said the old lady. “But it’s turtles all the way down!”

I always loved that story, and drew lots of doodles in my school notebooks of "turtles all the way down".

Nice job!

callit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages callit
Re: The Fry Cook

hahaha. I like it!

orabbit

A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: “What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.” The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, “What is the tortoise standing on?” “You’re very clever, young man, very clever,” said the old lady. “But it’s turtles all the way down!”

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants

Clever idea and great characters. When you're depicting the worst jobs it's not surprising that vomit makes an appearance.

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Its Cubicle Time!

Nothing like walking into the maze Monday morning. Hope you like this one. Please vote.

dcastello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcastello

I'm glad you are enjoying my design.
Thanks for your comments and arguments ;)

charlottesumxs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesumxs

I'd buy one each for the whole family! Ok, there are only three of us, but still... I really really want this to win!

charlottesumxs

The idea of planets orbiting each other is a pretty old one, I don't thing anyone owns it. But this design does put an original 'spin' (sorry) on it. I love it!

charlottesumxs

And why do our votes not show for this shirt? Because it's been "tattled on"? I hope the votes will still count because I really like this shirt and can't see what the designer has done wrong.

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

It turned out so nice!! I'm glad you did this

autsey

collinvh wrote:Nothing like walking into the maze Monday morning. Hope you like this one. Please vote.

Ohhh nicely done!

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
aerc712 wrote:I smile whenever I check the derby and see this design. The expression and body language is perfect. Plus, when a design is well-done, cute, and funny, I can't help but love it. Great job.

You are so pleasant! Thanku so much

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
oakenspirit wrote:WHAT!!!!!!!!!!>>>>???

(this is awesome...)

THAnK youuu :D

autsey

orabbit wrote:Derp! deleted.

:-)

biticol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages biticol
Re: Neverending writer

To see a closer view of the halftones work:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/593l7obk54ph4hh/HALFTONE2.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hu2c3j3sxp73ra9/HALFTONE1.jpg

arinesart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arinesart

Halftones close-up

dcastello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcastello

Great idea hahaha.
Good luck to both !

biticol

Awesome art. You did a great job!

biticol

Re: Superguizmo plumber

Hohoho this is a really baaaaad job for him!

biticol

biticol

biticol

Re: Shoe Shine Bug

Poor shoe shiner, very nice art!

biticol