Re: The One Eyewasher

I like it

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
Re: $1 billion in Nickels

I don't get it

tomspc

My idea for this Derby. Take all these cutesie animals and splatter them on the road. Worst job: scraping this dead cutesie crap off the road.

deboraho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deboraho
tomspc wrote:My idea for this Derby. Take all these cutesie animals and splatter them on the road. Worst job: scraping this dead cutesie crap off the road.

Sorry... I literally laughed out loud !

deboraho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deboraho
Re: Toadstool Construction

Very good design and thought process !

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

tomspc wrote:uhmmm...isn't this the same as "Some Coffee With My Sugar"?

No! There is no penguin in this one, silly. Don't look at me like that!
This is sort of a sequel to "They See Me Rollin'".

tomspc

ochopika wrote:No! There is no penguin in this one, silly. Don't look at me like that!
This is sort of a sequel to "They See Me Rollin'".

All 3 look alike to me. Step outside your comfort zone and surprise us.

tomspc

Re: The Fry Cook

I don't get it

tomspc

Re: Legend of the Lawn

How is this the "worst job"? If money and treasures flew out while mowing the grass then it would be the best job ever. You lost me.

onegreenray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onegreenray

awesome humor, its only got fifty votes. that's sad, even the wife thought this was funny.

isitaspider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isitaspider
Re: Inevitable Dinosaur Job V.2

Nice Firefly reference.

jmgenens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmgenens

I. Love. The way your mind works.

CYBERREQUIN wrote:Resubbed to show shirt position.
first shirt design and first woot submission forgive a freshman ;D
Thanks for the tip lyonscc

ochopika

Staff

tomspc wrote:How is this the "worst job"? If money and treasures flew out while mowing the grass then it would be the best job ever. You lost me.

I guess you could think of it optimistically like that... pffft...

I just think it's really tiresome to hack down all the grass in the game because you know there MIGHT be a rupee or two in there. It ends up feeling like work!

pantilemon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantilemon
Re: My Little Sea-Horsey

Dude.... Ummm..... Yeah.... VOTE?!

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Re: One swingline to rule them all

Don't take his stapler!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 76 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Repetitive Route

Shouldn't the Earth be sad that she is orbiting the Sun as well? hehe

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Re: Daily Grind

As a tshirt, I find this much more wearable, and far more creative than anything in the fog right now.
Thank God for the new rules that will at least give this a *chance* to print!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Diminishing Office Supplies There can be only ONE

How is this the worst job ever?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ochopika

Staff

tomspc wrote:All 3 look alike to me. Step outside your comfort zone and surprise us.

Yes, I agree that it is important to branch out. Someone mentioned that to me last week, saying that it was good to see me branching out . I kind of thought it was funny since I didn't think I was a "cutesy only" artist. I guess I pretty much am one on Woot.

Last week's entry was closer to my "default style" which I'm more comfortable with. I haven't only made kawaii-style designs for the derby and for dailies, but yes I'd say most of my prints have been in the "cute" category. This kind of style is actually new to ME, though not to anyone else here, lol. So, yea I'm still having fun with it while trying to make it my own somehow.
I like playing with color palettes and seeing how it affects how people respond to the design. I'm also trying to get more visual depth to my designs, even if the figures and settings are relatively simple.

That being said; yes... I could try to diversify my Woot portfolio... wootfolio... In fact, I will be sure to NOT make a cute design next week. You'll see!

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
ochopika wrote:I guess you could think of it optimistically like that... pffft...

I just think it's really tiresome to hack down all the grass in the game because you know there MIGHT be a rupee or two in there. It ends up feeling like work!

No kidding. I hate cutting the lawn! The money's no good and the only treasure I tend to find is a dog toy or whatever as they're run over.

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
Re: I'll Never Get A Break

Poor Death he'll never get a break with 1.8 People dieing every second, 108 every minute, 6,480 every hour, 155,520 every day, and 56,764,800 every year. And this is just the average amount of deaths.

jfsiv

Poor Death he'll never get a break with 1.8 People dieing every second, 108 every minute, 6,480 every hour, 155,520 every day, and 56,764,800 every year. And this is just the average amount of deaths.

jfsiv

turtlesallthewaydown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages turtlesallthewaydown
Re: Turtles All The Way Down

This was made for me, I want ten of them if it prints!

She Walks Into Walls
Ouch.

SadieBlack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SadieBlack

Hey, I live in Alaska, where we eat more ice cream than anywhere else in the USA. Just sayin'!

graphicgeoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graphicgeoff
kylemittskus wrote:How is this the worst job ever?

Diminishing office supplies is what makes working in ANY office the worst job ever.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
skinpile wrote:I wish I knew how to shade like people are doing... I am having a hard time seeing how people do that and still sticking with six colours. D;

Hafltones. If you go to the shirt.woot forum, in the Artist Resources tab there are a couple of different tutorials on creating halftones.

This is likely going to be rejected because the thumbnail seems to be a on a cream background while your shirt comp looks to be on white.

And, for what it's worth...Submitting a piece you are happy with and you think is done is far, far better than submitting something half done.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

tomspc

ochopika wrote:I guess you could think of it optimistically like that... pffft...

uhmmm I still don't get it. To me this is not the worst job but apparently the reference to the game has everyone excited.

jmf1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmf1081
Re: Crappy Job

kylemittskus wrote:I'm not sure the text is incidental as the text explains the joke.

I think the text is incidental if you don't know the title of the derby is "Worst Job. EVER." If you took the text away and just had the angry face I would think, angry coworker...IBS, hahahaha.

On a side note, if these body parts are alive then they must also have body parts that are also alive that have body parts that are also alive that have body parts that are also alive...mind blown, boom.

tomspc

Re: My Little Sea-Horsey

How is this the worst job??

tomspc

If I have to explain the shirt to someone then you didn't do your job as artist. Most of these shirts, if it weren't for the titles and explanations in the blog, I'd have no idea what they mean. I'm not wearing a shirt that I have to tell everyone I meet the back story, "well you see, there was this worst job ever competition on woot and this shirt means blah blah blah so you understand now?"

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: I Quit!

This is great!

qetza

Re: Crappy Job

Haha! Fantastic work!

qetza

qetza

remyroxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages remyroxx
Re: LOVE THIS !Birthday Clown

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
SadieBlack wrote:Hey, I live in Alaska, where we eat more ice cream than anywhere else in the USA. Just sayin'!

Thanks for sharing! This is Antartica, a slightly less populated area. I figured the penguins would indicate that, unless you have penguins in your backyard. I could see the confusion in that case.

dragonvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonvt

I'm not sure I get this one, but part of that might be caused by the design on the shirt and the design in the larger image being different. Confused.

Re: A Spoonful of Pea Soup - Resub

charlottesumxs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesumxs
goldenthorn wrote:Hello and welcome to shirt.woot! Votes do not show for this shirt because it is currently in the Fog of War. To learn about the Fog of War and how the shirt.woot derby works in general, please read the shirt.woot FAQ.

Thank you goldenthorn! I get it now.