darthbob14

quality posts: 5 Private Messages darthbob14
MNBeta03 wrote:The line "That's no moon... its a space station" is actually a famous memorable line said by Obi-Wan Kenobi from Empire Strikes Back. Sorry uninitiated but this is not PacMan.

Facepalm.

Yes, Obi-Wan says the line, but it's in Star Wars (the original, aka A New Hope) not ESB.

My duty as a Star Wars nerd requires me to point this out.

"Finally, an excuse to nuke France!"

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

Congrats on another awesome print, Vincent! Following your trend of Lucas prints at woot, I'm looking forward to Howard the Duck in a couple of months!

skopi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skopi

I like this design because it is geeky and my two year old daughter and I like to look at the stars/planets/moon before she goes to bed.

lucrezia31

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lucrezia31
skopi wrote:I like this design because it is geeky and my two year old daughter and I like to look at the stars/planets/moon before she goes to bed.

Have you tried to add 2 shirts to the order? then you can choose size for each.

W: 12 |T.W: 0 |H.W: 6 |S.W: 1 |K.W: 8 |Sh.W: 15 |W.W: 4 |So.W: 0 - It's the wootiest!

BeSublime

quality posts: 3 Private Messages BeSublime
maahes0 wrote:So when are we getting another poster event? This HAS to be a poster.

YES.

Whatever you do, do it well.

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

I thought it was pacman, too. LOL

And this should totally be glow in the dark.

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

dh4645

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dh4645
klew97 wrote:Now Californians have to pay sales tax for Amazon orders. Booooooooo.

so do pennsylvanians.

they even charge sales tax on amazon prime for some reason

asasne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asasne
kcmccready wrote:So, if half of the moon is visible, it is called a quarter moon. Should it not follow that a "full moon" be called a half moon?

half of the moon is always illuminated (though we don't always see the illuminated half), but when it appears "half full" to us, we are only seen a quarter of the moon, thus quarter moon.

not entirely sure about the name of 'full moon' unless 'full' is referring to the fact that we see the full side/half of the moon. *shrug*

Trcseb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Trcseb
klew97 wrote:Now Californians have to pay sales tax for Amazon orders. Booooooooo.

I second that! Booooooooo ALOT less wooting in the future, I see.

captionobvious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captionobvious

This is a t-shirt.

KimNicole

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KimNicole

In my head I now see this design with a blue flashing ghost at one end and a blue flashing ghost at the other. Each of the phases reinterpreted as Pac-Man.

amytobol

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amytobol
adpielli wrote:Great shirt! Wish they had it in blue/navy blue.

I could stand for it to be navy blue, or black, either would do, but what put me off is that it does not GLOW.

sprothman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprothman
kcmccready wrote:So, if half of the moon is visible, it is called a quarter moon. Should it not follow that a "full moon" be called a half moon?

No, I say call it half time :D

vand3537

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vand3537

I'd buy one if the Death Star didn't have that Pac-Man mouth

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
Trcseb wrote:I second that! Booooooooo ALOT less wooting in the future, I see.

See, that's what gets me. Because Woot! is a deal site, I'll still tend to save, so it won't affect my buying. But for Amazon, the tax has already tipped favor outside of state on items I should have otherwise ordered.

And it's not about the tax in itself; it's that California tax is so high. At rates approaching 10%, they simply cannot be omitted from calculations. Amazon obviously realized this in their resistance. And why not? The consumer doesn't hoard what they save, and the money does find its way back into the marketplace.

I think of Europe, where heavy taxation simply results in less spending, and eventually means less tax revenue. We'll see what happens to California as the grip tightens; if it harms me, at least it might serve as a warning to other states. It's better to pick fruit year after year than to greedily fell the tree for lumber after the harvest.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

Haha! This is just terrific. Congrats, Vincent!

devium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devium
MNBeta03 wrote:The line "That's no moon... its a space station" is actually a famous memorable line said by Obi-Wan Kenobi from Empire Strikes Back. Sorry uninitiated but this is not PacMan.

Nope. He says it in A New Hope when they first come out of light speed and and the tie fighter flies by them. Luke says, "It looks like they are heading for that small moon." ...

dolffn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dolffn
captionobvious wrote:This is a t-shirt.

That's no t-shirt.

canis39

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canis39

I don't really see the Pac Man thing. Doesn't Pac Man usually have his mouth open (such as it is)?

I need another t-shirt like I need a communicable disease, but this shirt is fantastic. I am very tempted.

6amcrisis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 6amcrisis
skopi wrote:I like this design because it is geeky and my two year old daughter and I like to look at the stars/planets/moon before she goes to bed.

That's great skopi, it's the exact reason I created it. I like to do the same with my son, and he often points out the moon phase if we're out in the evening. He's also a massive Star Wars fan so this tee will probably just fund his SW Lego obsession

Vincent

6amcrisis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 6amcrisis

Thanks everyone, and to woot for the chance to be back here again!

Vincent

gracelit

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gracelit

They must be in the northern hemisphere of Alderaan:
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/time/moon/hemispheres.html

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

all the other moons were real moon.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

First day sales 4214

MzdrMooner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MzdrMooner

Can't help but feel that I've been waiting for this one! Last name is "Moon" & a big SW fan? In for 2 - one for me, one for my wife. And yes, we will be that couple proudly wearing our matching shirts around. Thanks woot!

poolalas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poolalas
ambergreen wrote:I'm not geeky enough. I thought it was PacMan at first. Oops.

To me the Third Quarter and Waning Crescent make a sort of flipbook animation of pacman chompin' dots, furthering the illusion in my mind so far that I still can't see where this death star that everyone is talking about is.

13swift

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 13swift

Love the concept, but wish the shading on death star had the right texture or grid to make it look more like the death star and less like a pac man.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

How can there be a dark shadow on the inside of the antenna dish, yet the entire sphere of the Death Star is fully illuminated? DP fail! :-P

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

lamautomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lamautomatic

for a second I thought the title said "know your MOMS"

moldiemom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moldiemom

This is my first hoodie purchase and I couldn't be happier.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

lamautomatic wrote:for a second I thought the title said "know your MOMS"

heh.
when i first saw it, i thought it said, "KNOW YOUR MORONS."

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.