sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
loulousq wrote:here's my sketch of my first idea.
volunteer poster to be a mouse subject experimented on to become a great soldier. will work on it some more in the morning. what do you folks think?

Volunteer Today! Be the Better Mouse!

Ha! I love it!

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
bluejester wrote:I know you're looking for a new second part, but I actually am still laughing at the "build a better tomorrow." It's like a science experiment gone horribly wrong, yet I supposed to buy into the fact that somehow the future will be a better place once we have perfected the Tunamato hybrid.

*Edit* Maybe "Together, we can build a better Tomato!"

Together we can build a better Tunamato!

Also, I am ridiculously psyched for this derby.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
p0ckets wrote:Here's what I'm thinking of submitting:

Any thoughts?

Cool idea and composition! You just need to refine your execution. Also, that's not a valid shirt color.

Also, thanks so much for all the help gang! I've got something I'm pretty happy with. Tune in at noon!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 91 Private Messages oakenspirit
loulousq wrote:

Volunteer Today! Be the Better Mouse!

I love the concept...

I wish the last derby wasn't so labrat heavy because I think the idea is perfect for this one...

Keep on keeping on man...

oakenspirit

noxandpy wrote:[/img]

Work in progress!

I really like the soft background juxtaposed against the bold primaries and green...

Looking for ward to seeing how this one comes out.

oakenspirit

sheenachu wrote:

Something was rubbing me about this one and I figured it out..

I really like the idea but since BOTH end balls are spaced out from the center, it doesn't seem like how forces actually work... I know, visually, how you have it seems more intimidating for those poor guys but mayhaps if you had one ball Already smashing them and the other rearing back to it would sell the idea and make Newtonian sense... ;)

oakenspirit

p0ckets wrote:Here's what I'm thinking of submitting:

Any thoughts?

Can't unsee Dexter belonging to that arm... haha

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
orabbit wrote:I'm sure everyone's hard at work out there in Wootland, but if you've got a sec, could you help me with a slogan?

Here's what I've got so far. I'm thinking maybe "Together we are stronger" or "Together we swim, Divided we sink". Any other thoughts? Thanks, and I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

You know, I'm digging the slogan you have right there. What could possibly be better for tomorrow than a tomato fish?

The image is genius, by the way.

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
oakenspirit wrote:Something was rubbing me about this one and I figured it out..

I really like the idea but since BOTH end balls are spaced out from the center, it doesn't seem like how forces actually work... I know, visually, how you have it seems more intimidating for those poor guys but mayhaps if you had one ball Already smashing them and the other rearing back to it would sell the idea and make Newtonian sense... ;)

I can definitely understand that! Thanks so much for the feedback, I'm fixing it up now

oakenspirit

citizencoyote wrote:
The image is genius, by the way.

Yeah. I am really loving orabbit's subtle science references lately... Last weeks was amazing and this is just as geeky/obscure... ;)

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula

Hey guys, we have come up with this one! What do you think??

oakenspirit

harantula wrote:Hey guys, we have come up with this one! What do you think??

<3 FOREVER

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones

I would be a lot more psyched about this derby if there was a possibility that I might come out of this with a Repo shirt. I mean, come on. Science + propaganda? This has Repo written all over it.

Now I'm sad. Can someone do a Repo shirt as a daily sub? Unfortunately, I have "stupid fingers" and I'm unable at the moment to make a deal with the devil to get some sweet robo-hands.

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
MrsBones wrote:I would be a lot more psyched about this derby if there was a possibility that I might come out of this with a Repo shirt. I mean, come on. Science + propaganda? This has Repo written all over it.

Now I'm sad. Can someone do a Repo shirt as a daily sub? Unfortunately, I have "stupid fingers" and I'm unable at the moment to make a deal with the devil to get some sweet robo-hands.

If you think what I think you mean, that's most likely pop culturey.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 222 Private Messages Spiritgreen

...and Illustrator just ate my design. >_<

oakenspirit

Spiritgreen wrote:...and Illustrator just ate my design. >_<

Photoshop did that to me too... fortunately I had a (3 hour old) backup...

Nothing like starting over... gl man

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Spiritgreen wrote:...and Illustrator just ate my design. >_<

Frick. Sorry Spiritgreen.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 222 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Thanks. :p I've got a screen grab I can rebuild some of it from, and I was only halfway done. I'll just be fashionably late.

Good luck everyone!

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

Any love for meteorology??

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Spiritgreen wrote:Thanks. :p I've got a screen grab I can rebuild some of it from, and I was only halfway done. I'll just be fashionably late.

Good luck everyone!

Ever since I upgraded from AI CS4 to CS6, I have crashing problems all the time. Pretty much daily. I just save religiously. Photoshop now has auto-recover, which works great, but why can't Illustrator?

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones
Mavyn wrote:If you think what I think you mean, that's most likely pop culturey.

It is. Which is why I'm hoping it mysteriously shows up as a daily sub

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

mamaspeak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamaspeak

Science + propaganda?
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! XD

Would LOVE to see some epidemiology and/or public health submissions---though there's already some really awesome stuff. Great theme!!

dwillars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwillars

Vote for Einstein!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

So did I miss something or is there no guest EC this week?

move along

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
j5 wrote:So did I miss something or is there no guest EC this week?

I'm curious about this too...

markevans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markevans

We need more designs that are simply propaganda in favor of science itself. I don't want a shirt that looks like a propaganda poster and is an in-joke of some small field of science I know nothing about. But if we had more like the 'support the [scientific] revolution' one, I think the designs would appeal to a much broader base (and I'd be a lot more likely to buy one).

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
bluetuba wrote:YOU FURRIES PIPE DOWN! YOU CAN'T HAVE FOXES IN EVERY DERBY!

Mwah hah hah! Foxes, all day every day! ;D

On a side note, furry is only as marooned as you try and make it. At its surface, it's got some really cool stuff linked to it. I'm sure if an artist that was 'cool' drew something furry, done right, it would still garner the same respect as anything else. It's just a matter of approaching it from the right perspective.

(I'm sure you're also aware that a ton of furries buy Woot shirts, yes? ;D THERE IS A MARKET, even if half the time they're broke. XD)

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -