WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Not winter yet, but getting colder. What do you wear?
  • 24.1% - Hoodie 419
  • 43% - Zip-up hoodie 749
  • 6.7% - Sweatshirt 116
  • 5.2% - Sweater 90
  • 2.9% - V-neck sweater 51
  • 7.4% - Cardigan 128
  • 10.8% - Some sort of sporty fleece thing 188
1741 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 24 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

I live in Texas. There's no applicable answer here. *walks around in a T-shirt*

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
TobiasAmaranth wrote:I live in Texas. There's no applicable answer here. *walks around in a T-shirt*

I'm in MN. As it is over 40 degrees I do the same, shorts too.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Hoodie, aka The Zimmerman Special.

apachemanthong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apachemanthong

I switch from lightweight tee shirts to heavyweight ones.

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

I just got back from shopping about an hour and a half ago. It was around 60, maybe high 50's at the time.

I was wearing basketball shorts and a Woot T-shirt. (And socks/sneakers of course.)

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

It was 101 here today Woot...

PUfelix85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PUfelix85

Jeans and a T-Shirt is not an option??? I do this even in the middle of the winter, but then again it has been warm the past couple of winters here in the southern midwest (OH/IN)

x8

westz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages westz

i'll wear t-shirts until it's too cold to wear them, then for a week when it hovers around 36-40F i'll wear insulated long sleeve shirts, then i stick with my peacoat until it warms back up. i don't do hoodies anymore, unless i'm just running to the store or something. but i'll still buy good ones from woot. i own the Apathy Coalition as a hoodie.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

This time of year I switch from T's to long sleeves or sweatshirts. I wish Woot would carry regular sweatshirts in the side sales instead of always having them with hoods. The hood is too much bulk and so are the pockets. Lots of designs I would have bought if they'd been on regular sweatshirts (including the current Three Foxes).
Sweatshirts without hoods, please!

07/11/14

helene23186

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helene23186
TobiasAmaranth wrote:I live in Texas. There's no applicable answer here. *walks around in a T-shirt*

I'm in Vegas and was thinking the same thing. There are *maybe* 2 days a year where more than a T-shirt is actually required. All winter means is switch from sandals to boots for a few weeks.

dadbuckeye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dadbuckeye

Where's the option for "There's no snow on the ground, so I'm still wearing short sleeves"?

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

Ditto.

Although it is usually cold in my office, so I should have voted zip up hoodie because that's what I throw on most often...crap, I voted wrong. Oh well. I voted what I used to wear in the office (cardigan) when I got cold.

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

calicojack42

quality posts: 3 Private Messages calicojack42

Here in New York, I'm still wandering around in shorts and a tee-shirt. Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones

As I am reptilian in the sense that I must bask daily to bring my body tempature up, I spend my off-work hours in a zip-up hoodie, and my 40 non-hoodie hours in a cardigan.

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
caramelarrow wrote:This time of year I switch from T's to long sleeves or sweatshirts. I wish Woot would carry regular sweatshirts in the side sales instead of always having them with hoods. The hood is too much bulk and so are the pockets. Lots of designs I would have bought if they'd been on regular sweatshirts (including the current Three Foxes).

But...how can you be a hipster without a hood?

(I much prefer regular sweatshirts as well...layering a hoodie only works it if is the top layer.)

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

All those braggers talking about never needing anything more than a t-shirt need to shut the pie hole.

Grr.

Today is the last day of summer, and Seattle decided to start a day early.

NOT welcome back low cloud cover and drizzle.

At least I was able to just wear a t-shirt and jeans taking the kids to school ;)

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ambergreen wrote:
Today is the last day of summer, and Seattle decided to start a day early.

NOT welcome back low cloud cover and drizzle.

Better early than never?

I'm just hanging out, really.

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond

Zip

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

I never wear two layers indoors. Sweaters and sweatshirts tend to be binding, and given a choice I prefer to be too cool rather than too warm.

That being said, it's a light jacket -usually leather, no hood- over a t-shirt or dress shirt, depending on where I'm going to take the jacket off. Only if it's going to be below zero will I wear a heavy jacket.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Maybe put on a slightly heavier t-shirt. It's only getting to 91 today!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
caramelarrow wrote:This time of year I switch from T's to long sleeves or sweatshirts. I wish Woot would carry regular sweatshirts in the side sales instead of always having them with hoods. The hood is too much bulk and so are the pockets. Lots of designs I would have bought if they'd been on regular sweatshirts (including the current Three Foxes).

I despised hoodies until I got a cell phone and couldn't figure out how to carry it during warm weather. (Context: I essentially refuse to carry a purse.) I now adore hoodies for their ability to carry everything I need to run into the grocery store, even if I feel like a kangaroo gestating a cell phone, keys, and wallet - plus hoodies are great for that extra blast of arctic air in the freezer section.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

If it's too cold for just a t-shirt, I grab my black leather jacket. All or nothing!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
blanked wrote:I'm in MN. As it is over 40 degrees I do the same, shorts too.

+1.

silver4269

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silver4269

Jacket. Seriously? Some of us are not hipsters. above 50 I wear a T-Shirt, below 50 I have a leather jacket.

Wiredog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wiredog

As a Floridian if it is too cold, we just stay inside. Since I own only short sleeves and shorts.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 89 Private Messages Thirdbase9
helene23186 wrote:I'm in Vegas and was thinking the same thing. There are *maybe* 2 days a year where more than a T-shirt is actually required. All winter means is switch from sandals to boots for a few weeks.

I live in Central Illinois, the only time that isn't sandals weather, is when there is a cold wet snow, which is rarely.

I don't know.

ocdstreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocdstreak

Flip flops, T shirt, and shorts. Florida, land of the hot.

ferretferret

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ferretferret

It's below freezing over here in the land of Wisconsin.
In other words, yes, it's still t-shirt weather. :D

limacamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limacamp

I live in Northern California. It gets cold up here and I usually wear a sweatshirt from October until March, not the same sweatshirt, but I own quite a few, hoodies, zipups, no hood.
I am in no way ashamed of my lack of natural ability to stay warm. except feet, I only wear closed toed shoes when it rains. Flip flops 11 months a year.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

jacket, when it finally gets cold enough to care.

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower

I voted cardigan, since that's the closest thing in the poll to lightweight zip-up hoodie. (Closest thing warmth-wise, not looks-wise.) No lightweight zip-ups in the last four side sales... is this option ever coming back? I just had to finally give mine up due to being too old and disgusting and I am really desperate to buy another.