Great style!

merlindylan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlindylan
Re: Science Rules!

Great Slogan. I want to wear that. ++1

SPEED LIMIT C

merlindylan

razorlust wrote:Tesla / Marconi would work on a shirt too, though I thing a Twain / Tesla presidency would be a lot more interesting.

As much as I love the idea I'd only wear this shirt after a president shot his vice president. Or perhaps fatally electrocuted him.

Some rifts can never be breached.

Actually, Tesla and Marconi had quite a feud as well... being as how Tesla invented the fundamentals of radio first and Marconi used Tesla's patents as the basis of his own work.

SPEED LIMIT C

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
Re: Test Science!

nice :D

plainyoghurt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plainyoghurt
Re: Cranial Scavenge

You really can't.

merlindylan

Re: Ionic Bonds

Great Idea.

SPEED LIMIT C

merlindylan

tomspc wrote:Glad to hear someone say that. I called out the great Ramyb on their obvious plagiarism but we'll see where that goes.

Are you saying you think RamyB be a plurality?

SPEED LIMIT C

merlindylan

Re: Billions

Ilikeit.

SPEED LIMIT C

merlindylan

Re: Social Science Networking

The Silver Surfer has a new
girlfriend...

SPEED LIMIT C

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
Re: Dreams Fulfilled! Wishes Granted!

Onward Science! For wishes! For Dreams! With Science come great promises of a brighter tomorrow. Nobody loves you better than Science.

here's a larger image of the artwork:

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
Re: Evolution

awesome

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
j5 wrote:Beaker -->

Erlenmeyer Flask -->

those pesky details get me everytime

tomspc

mjc613 wrote:Too many of these in this derby!

indeed there are!

tomspc

mtboensel wrote:I understand your pain. No disrespect to the artist, but I think this idea is overdone. And while I do realize it is a parody of a WWII propaganda poster, it doesn't scream propaganda in the same way that designs like "Birds of Prey" do.

agree

bernikids1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bernikids1

Awesome! Thanks! You just got my vote!

Re: United for Science v.2

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
chachachino wrote:Onward Science! For wishes! For Dreams! With Science come great promises of a brighter tomorrow. Nobody loves you better than Science.

here's a larger image of the artwork:

I LIKE it!

Great atmosphere, really cool retro stylings.

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
tomspc wrote:This looks like plagiarism to me

oops....after toggling between the images for a few minutes, I concur. These are just too close for comfort, at least imho.

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Dreams Fulfilled! Wishes Granted!

Perfect! You really nailed the shading style and optimistic pose. And the type looks great too. So often I see great images with mediocre type. Nice to see that you've got both locked in.

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus
Re: Rex the Riveter

This is probably the best take I've seen done with the Rosie parody. Fog worthy submission indeed. Good luck.

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus
Re: The Gray Menace

This guy needs to sneak back into the fog, that's its home.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
doctortachyon wrote:Would have liked it on a darker blue but their choice of color was dark royal, very dark navy, and this blue. The Navy just off black.

Also trying to keep to the theme. This my take on it with 60's style and color scheme in faded pastels.

Thanks for looking.

Also if they print it they're going to change it for maximum selling. Nothing final here.

Woot won't make changes. Not sure what you think they might do?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Core Curriculum

I don't think this will show up well on the shirt.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
syneye wrote:totally relevant youtube video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QVXdEOiCw8

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy watching Jack Horner's conferences. Have you seen the one about "shape-shifting dinosaurs". It's very eye opening.

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys. Keep them coming

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Join the evolution

I just want to say that this plagiarism witch hunt is ridiculous. The evolution sequence is nearly as ubiquitous as the smiley face. This was clearly drawn from scratch to evoke a well known and oft-used image.

Last week's debacle was a different matter. You can smell art theft a mile away, and this is not that. As Louis Armstrong said, “If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know.”

ETA - I was enjoying the discussion this was provoking, and I was glad to hear Ramy's well worded thoughts on belief. Now the whole thread has "devolved" into a morass of negative energy.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Obey Gravity

Was wondering when someone would do this trope.
Nicely crafted.

move along

Mavyn

dwillars wrote:
VIVA LA SCIENCE

The likeness of the graphic was a propaganda poster in south america before american pop culture made a t-shirt of it.

I don't know if you can call a scientist a celebrity, but the state Einstein resided in was a common-law state where his right to celebrity died with him.

Woot interpretation doesn't rely on standards. This style of poster is part of pop culture now, and Einstein is probably the best known scientist of the modern era.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Mavyn wrote:Woot interpretation doesn't rely on standards. This style of poster is part of pop culture now, and Einstein is probably the best known scientist of the modern era.

If they kick this for pop-culture, they must kick all of the "Keep Calm" entries as well.
Will they?
Who can tell?

move along

tomspc

orabbit wrote:I just want to say that this plagiarism witch hunt is ridiculous. The evolution sequence is nearly as ubiquitous as the smiley face. This was clearly drawn from scratch to evoke a well known and oft-used image.

Last week's debacle was a different matter. You can smell art theft a mile away, and this is not that. As Louis Armstrong said, “If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know.”

ETA - I was enjoying the discussion this was provoking, and I was glad to hear Ramy's well worded thoughts on belief. Now the whole thread has "devolved" into a morass of negative energy.

I have seen charts like this since elementary school however they are not all identical. It is not the smiley face. This is the first chart that appears when you google it. Ramyb could have changed it up but even the arms, legs, the hair line, everything is identical to this one picture. Call it what you want, whether it's plagiarism or not it's definitely lazy. Come on be original. If Ramyb is such a great artist as everyone in here claims, he/she would not be taking these types of short cuts.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

Aren't flying penguins forbidden, or has that old "rule" lapsed?

Nicely done, regardless.

Mavyn

citizencoyote wrote:Aren't flying penguins forbidden, or has that old "rule" lapsed?

Nicely done, regardless.

The rule against flying penguins was revoked. Derby 92, in fact, with James Cho's marvelous steam punk penguin.

deboraho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deboraho
orabbit wrote:I just want to say that this plagiarism witch hunt is ridiculous. The evolution sequence is nearly as ubiquitous as the smiley face. This was clearly drawn from scratch to evoke a well known and oft-used image.

I am really confused.... seriously, what determines theft vs not, if it is someone else's art work ?

wottwin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wottwin
citizencoyote wrote:Aren't flying penguins forbidden, or has that old "rule" lapsed?

Nicely done, regardless.

Well, of course they are forbidden. That's why there's a task force! ;)

wottwin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wottwin

Makes me smile. Good job!

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Very well done!

alorindanya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alorindanya
oakenspirit wrote:Okay... so... This halloween at Scareoke... I am totally dressing as Tesla and singing Life on Mars... You have inspired me sir!

And it is fitting since Bowie played Tesla in the Prestige anyway.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 68 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Core Curriculum

Looks fairly slick but my paranoia can't stop seeing EYES!!!

harzack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harzack
Re: The Scientific Method

Thanks for your comments and votes. The characters are Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, Isaac Newton and Charles Darwin.There are absent many geniuses that I had liked to include but the lack of space is the motive.

tomspc

"Art plagiarism is taking the basic composition of a piece of art and using that as basis to make your own image. You may not have a print-out of the "reference work" directly beneath your paper, and you may even be changing which character(s) are portrayed, but that still doesn't change the fact that the composition of a piece of art is the intellectual property of the original owner. You're still stealing artwork if you keep the same composition and specific details/arrangement, even *if* you changed which characters are portrayed and even *if* you drew the lines without tracing them. The specific combination of elements that together combine to form the overall composition of a work is the intellectual property of the original creator.

But, don't be fooled--just like it's art theft to combine multiple images into one image, it's art plagiarism to combine multiple "references" into a single piece. Identically copying any major element of another person's work is still art theft."

http://datenshikurai.deviantart.com/journal/What-Is-Art-Plagiarism-READ-THIS-234951828