scubastove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scubastove
neuropsychosocial wrote:Wrong. You even commented on Ramy's entry to Derby 269 last week (Honorable Mention).

I won't bother going back further than that.

+1 internet to you.

Inconsistency is not a good thing to present in a debate. It makes your entire argument questionable in a huge way. The fact that you are writing this shirt off as racist is laughable. There's nothing wrong with it at all. I agree with many of the previous posters suggesting that the depicted "evolving from chimpanzee to human" image, in and of itself, is recognized enough to essentially become public domain, no one artistic entity "owns" that image, for Christ's sake. That is akin to chastising someone for drawing a picture of the solar system, if the picture they drew is somehow reminiscent of a picture that someone else drew 30 years ago.

tl;dr, This design is fine. The racism accusations are utterly absurd.

Also "if you have to explain a design to someone, it's not a good design", right. yeah. Subtlety is for chumps.

LarryLars

quality posts: 67 Private Messages LarryLars
Re: Save the Human Race, Progress Into Space

I really love this design! I mentioned this in another forum thread: Pretend you're the guest editor: Week 9 (Propaganda...FOR SCIENCE!)

!
Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

jamesonbirrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesonbirrell
seenkylie wrote:I liked it.

Funny, I liked it too.

kattotang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kattotang
scubastove wrote:

Also "if you have to explain a design to someone, it's not a good design", right. yeah. Subtlety is for chumps.

...yeah. I'm not sure who originally said that, but obviously they're confusing "designs" with "jokes". I find that the shirts I own that I consider having the best designs are the ones that baffle the most people.

meandsecoya

quality posts: 18 Private Messages meandsecoya
meandsecoya wrote:I really, really hope this prints. My husband is a huge Tesla fan and is constantly going on about how great he was and all the stuff he did that he didn't get credit for. I would love to be able to buy this for him for Christmas.

See, it's times like this that I dislike the new system of how prints are chosen from the derbies. I was really hoping this would print, and coming in 2nd, it would have under the old system. :-/

PurplePawprints elsewhere

my2crazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages my2crazy
kaseyfleming wrote:Thanks!
it should should say "SCIENCE" then "Human Testing Today" and at the very bottom "for the future"

行く is Go not today. So its more like "Human Testing, go" Japanese implies the subject all the time so I think the best translation would be something like:,"To human experimentation I go!" I think this might imply you are a scientist who experiments on people, which is of course: AWESOME. Nice shirt.

my2crazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages my2crazy

oops

datls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages datls
Re: Team Tesla

*@!#$@#$%@* *frustrations* I really wanted this shirt to print, it rocks!

What are you guys? Edison fans perhaps?

What shall we do to get this shirt printed afterall?

Fausttt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fausttt
datls wrote:*@!#$@#$%@* *frustrations* I really wanted this shirt to print, it rocks!

What are you guys? Edison fans perhaps?

What shall we do to get this shirt printed afterall?

Couldn't agree more. Myself and both of my children were waiting for this shirt to print. To see it score second place and not print is a bit of a disappointment.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

@meandsecoya, datls and Fausttt

It's kind of a bummer, but honestly, If I were calling the shots, I wouldn't have chosen to print this either. There were some really strong entries in this derby.I really liked the 2nd and 3rd places.
And I've gotten 3 e.c. prints since the rules change, so I can't complain.

If I don't get an honorable mention I'll try to find a way to get this printed.

Thanks for love, though.

rebecca5683

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rebecca5683

How can I get this shirt?!?! This is amazing!!!

justmad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justmad
Re: Team Tesla

WAAAANT

thvanderwall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thvanderwall

Outstanding! Tesla NEEDS to be given his due after what that know-nothing Edison did to him. I want one!

whorlwind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whorlwind
Re: Save the Human Race, Progress Into Space

If you find another place to sell this, or just want to sell the image for use as wallpaper, let me know! :D

Rockersz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rockersz
kaseyfleming wrote:I designed this while watching night at the roxbury... enjoy!

Wearin' your tshirt in Melbourne, Australia!