pantilemon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantilemon
oakenspirit wrote:anything for a pine marten! ;)

Ohhh!!! OOhh! I've never been so happy to be a pine marten. This is awesome!!

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: Rex the Riveter

YES! This one, please! Lookit those rockin arms. :D

Wizrd23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wizrd23
Re: United for Science

Love the shirt fishbiscuit5. My only issue is what you pointed out.. Tesla and Edison would have to do more than kiss and make up. They were mortal enemies... Maybe better would be Mark Twain? They were close friends! Imagine that pairing. I'd vote for it, but without Edison... Edison is a slimy thief

bjmantis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjmantis
Re: GM Uh-Oh

Must be a process similar to how they make Clamato juice.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
mightyrain wrote:Like the robot, not sure about the yellow shirt.

have to agree with this!!!

maybe asphalt?? or even blue??

zsc0pe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zsc0pe

how do i vote this is mad

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Brave New World

Love the colors and design; hate the black shirt color.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
zsc0pe wrote:how do i vote this is mad

You need to have made at least one purchase here.

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: Mad Science

My second entry for this derby. Hope you all enjoy.

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: Science Ticks

This is a great design for this derby!

thorbahn3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thorbahn3
Re: Nuked love

My love for science gives me a warm, glowy, feeling.

charlottesumxs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesumxs
Re: USF Poster

I'd so buy this!

charlottesumxs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesumxs
Re: Support Moonscience

I really like this design, but I feel it would have worked better with "it' before "makes".

noxandpy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noxandpy
Re: Build a Better You

Who says genetics has to be limited to things like helping the sick or curing disease? NO! The future of genetics is much more selfish! Build a better you - stronger, faster, BETTER.

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
orabbit wrote:This is wild! But what does it mean?

thanks it's a word play on rad for radium or radness
and MC for Marie Curie or Master of Ceremony.
I tried to be funny ;-(((((((

kharmazero

bluetuba wrote:No clue what Rad M.C is but that guy is killer awesome. I think the version on creme looks alot clearer but it might be doomed because of the creme.

Either way, this rocks.

Thanks a lot bluetuba,it is a word play on Marie Curie

kharmazero

mercat wrote:I think it's supposed to play on radiation/Marie Curie, but I could be wrong.

you are perfectly right ;-)))

kharmazero

Re: who is sciencing the scientists?

2 colors on black for this one ;-))

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
Re: who is sciencing the scientists?

Lol nicely phrased!

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka
Re: Believe 2

Awesome work!
+1

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
Re: Brave New World

excellent, nice perspective, works good on the shirt

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365
Re: Evolution

Back to nature.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Wizrd23 wrote:Love the shirt fishbiscuit5. My only issue is what you pointed out.. Tesla and Edison would have to do more than kiss and make up. They were mortal enemies... Maybe better would be Mark Twain? They were close friends! Imagine that pairing. I'd vote for it, but without Edison... Edison is a slimy thief

Oh, I know. I was dreaming of a perfect world where enemies could actually become friends and work together for the good of the order. Like real politics! ;)

wottwin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wottwin
Re: Science Ticks

I like a clock that keeps good space-time. ;) This is fantastic! Great use of texture and shape.

devium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devium
tjschaeffer wrote:Tesla and Edison had a very notorious feud. Tesla was the developer of alternating current (AC) as the means of transferring electricity, whereas Edison proposed using the much lamer direct current (DC). Tesla also was Edison's assistant for awhile, and essentially was treated like dirt even though he was much smarter than Edison and actually IMPROVED much of Edison's work.

So Edison decided to run a smear campaign against Tesla and AC, even going so far as to electrocute an elephant to prove that AC was dangerous. Electrocute. To death!

Edison was a royal jerk, and would do things like send hired goons to rough people up and buy out patents and then take all the credit.

There's even the story of how his rival in the creation of the motion picture, Louis LePrince, magically disappeared from a train after traveling to the US from France to show off his new camera. Unsurprisingly, LePrince's disappearance allowed Edison to push his technology without competition and become known as the "Father of Cinematography."

So the long and short of it is that Tesla was an undervalued mad genius who is not well remembered outside of the scientific community, whereas Edison is a talentless hack whose worth is overinflated.

Tesla also come up with an early version of the florescent light bulb that was better than edison's incandescent bulb, a method of providing free electric energy through the air and ground, and a prototype for a "Death Ray"!

razorlust

quality posts: 0 Private Messages razorlust

Tesla / Marconi would work on a shirt too, though I thing a Twain / Tesla presidency would be a lot more interesting.

As much as I love the idea I'd only wear this shirt after a president shot his vice president. Or perhaps fatally electrocuted him.

Some rifts can never be breached.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
razorlust wrote:Tesla / Marconi would work on a shirt too, though I thing a Twain / Tesla presidency would be a lot more interesting.

As much as I love the idea I'd only wear this shirt after a president shot his vice president. Or perhaps fatally electrocuted him.

Some rifts can never be breached.

Honestly, I knew while I was making this design it would spark discussion so I'm happy to hear thoughts and ideas!

The Oatmeal is rallying for Tesla, in case anyone is looking for an interesting read:
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

Patman1209

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patman1209

I think this shirt would have been better without the "twilight" reference... even if it just said "Team Tesla" in some manner. Nevertheless, great image.

Merseine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Merseine
Re: Nuked love

When I saw the thumbnail, I was hoping it was going to be a much smaller icon, placed over the heart - like where the alligator is on an Izod shirt.

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan

I keep expecting the text on the notes to all be related, and not flow from the notes to the area outside them. It's pretty confusing for me. Also, the theme is propaganda, so that's kind of a big deal...

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer
Re: Join the evolution

I really like the idea, but I do not like the art. It looks very much like the figure on the left is a chimp, and I have no idea what the middle one is supposed to be.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
blk909 wrote:Love the colors and design; hate the black shirt color.

They are in space! Black is rarely so appropriate!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

awesome work bro!:D

bigblued

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigblued
kaseyfleming wrote:cool

Thanks!

afnovice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afnovice
charlottesumxs wrote:I really like this design, but I feel it would have worked better with "it' before "makes".

Or "make" instead of "makes"....

elaine51sherman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elaine51sherman
Re: Support science

Miniature dinosaurs! The perfect apartment pet.

bigblued

citizencoyote wrote:Hearty thumbs up. Reminds me of WSMR.

*Googles images* Wow! You are right!

My inspiration was mostly the covers from all the 1950s and 1960s pulp SF I read. If they show landed rockets, they are typically sitting on their tail-fins, on an empty plain. The mountains were a way of addressing the horizon-line without leaving it a boring line.

Together, it looks like I did manage to create a highly stylized image of WSMR. Thank you for mentioning it, I just learned something nifty today!

bigblued

Quasiskunk wrote:I've been an aerospace geek forever! I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Thank you! As I mentioned in an earlier reply, my love comes from all the old SF I grew up reading. But being a child of the 60's & 70's the space race, and especially the shuttle program, was a big deal in my life.

AntarcticanMafia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AntarcticanMafia
Re: Join the evolution

/winning