+ Add a Comment

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
Re: United for Science

agree, change the date to 1880s

tomspc

aerc712 wrote:The strong, negative reactions to certain designs and artists last week really bothered me and I'm sad to see that carry over into this week. That may be influencing my comments. If it is, well, I'm not sorry. I really respect the artists here and don't think they should get torn apart after working so hard on their designs.

There are artists here that take the theme and rules seriously. They put out great original artwork each week. Then there are those who plagiarize, or use the same design elements week after week. It gets old. But people pat them on the back and tell them how awesome they are, how they rock. They should be called out every week on their BS. I don't think it's a spill-over from last week. I think people are over these washed up artists who have no new original ideas, just living on their past derby glory.

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula

thanku very much, We are happy you like it. :D

harantula

beware1984 wrote:Very cool! Love the vintage animation feel it's got!

THankU. We're really like the old school look.

harantula

fuacka wrote:So cool dude!

THAnkU man!!!

harantula

Re: Science, you gonna love it!

Cool! we love the skull :D

harantula

manikx66 wrote:Great color choices +1

THankU. We are so glad you like it

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Ornithology: Seize the Bird!

Definitely doesn't follow the "Keep it classy" rule.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: United for Science v.2

Version 2 for those who would like a more historical year. 1882 is the year Tesla began working for the Continental Edison Company. Please vote!

Version 1 in case you like this one better: http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/66192/united-for-science

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: United for Science

Thanks for the feedback! Version 2 with an older date. 1882 is the year Tesla began working for the Continental Edison Company. Please vote!
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/66246/united-for-science-v-2

harantula

Re: Support Moonscience

love this one !!!

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
tomspc wrote:Glad to hear someone say that. I called out the great Ramyb on their obvious plagiarism but we'll see where that goes.

This design is not, in my opinion, an example of plagiarism. It's parody, which is allowed.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
tomspc wrote:There are artists here that take the theme and rules seriously. They put out great original artwork each week. Then there are those who plagiarize, or use the same design elements week after week. It gets old. But people pat them on the back and tell them how awesome they are, how they rock. They should be called out every week on their BS. I don't think it's a spill-over from last week. I think people are over these washed up artists who have no new original ideas, just living on their past derby glory.

Artists have different styles and so do audiences. What one person likes another may not. That's just how it is. Disliking a style is not a reason to go around and belittle what someone has worked hard on.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Welcome back Meg!

move along

mjc613

Re: CTHULHU go - go dancer

This is a gorgeous shirt. I just don't see how this fits the propaganda theme. Maybe if you changed the wording?

mjc613

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Version 2 for those who would like a more historical year. 1882 is the year Tesla began working for the Continental Edison Company. Please vote!

Version 1 in case you like this one better: http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/66192/united-for-science

This is a good time to plug the effort to renovate Tesla's last lab, so that it can be a science museum, and so more people can learn about Tesla. http://www.teslasciencecenter.org/

This is a great shirt, but Tesla had a huge argument in 1884 with Edison over money (He improved Edison's system and added controls) and they later had a huge rivalry over DC vs AC power. In '82, Edison was the star and Tesla was an unknown, but I love the irony of putting Tesla in front. (Bizarre wording used to avoid woot filters for the word F*I*R*S*T.)

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: join technoscience rebellion

Hmmm, should I make that website?

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Re: Rex the Riveter

This is awesome, obvian! Excellent color choices, wonderful pose, and sweet lineart.
I especially love the gag of the tiny arms still attached.
GMV.

stingray69

Re: METHOD NOW!

Nailed it!

stingray69

Re: who is sciencing the scientists?

Good slogan. I'm a little bothered by the lack of a question mark, though.

stingray69

kevlar51 wrote:There's a subtle line between life and death ... help us blur it!

That's another good line. Put it on a shirt.

stingray69

beware1984 wrote:Thanks for the critique I appreciate it. I think If I got rid of the text though there would be too much negative space under the fist.

Yeah, you'd have to move the text up a bit and cut off some at the bottom of the design.

tomspc

aerc712 wrote:Artists have different styles and so do audiences. What one person likes another may not. That's just how it is. Disliking a style is not a reason to go around and belittle what someone has worked hard on.

Who did I belittle?

biticol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages biticol
Re: Support science

Interesting points of view. thanks for all the comments and I'll try to do my best next week. and will repeat with Wirdou whenever he wants. I enjoyed the collab.

tomspc

Re: Keep Calm and check your pH Levels

No clip art here...I drew the litmus paper!

syconsys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages syconsys

Every time someone mentions the Higgs Boson, I think of this:

http://minimumble.thebookofbiff.com/2012/03/07/58-collision/

nebbernoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nebbernoo
Re: Slits of Uncertainty

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I would like this entry a lot if it didn't have the words on it, just the picture of the slit experiment

tomspc

Re: United for Science v.2

I like this version!

doctortachyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doctortachyon
tomspc wrote:I agree, not crazy about the shirt color

Would have liked it on a darker blue but their choice of color was dark royal, very dark navy, and this blue. The Navy just off black.

Also trying to keep to the theme. This my take on it with 60's style and color scheme in faded pastels.

Thanks for looking.

Also if they print it they're going to change it for maximum selling. Nothing final here.

amirea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amirea
Re: Tou Decide. (distressed)

Submitted a distressed version... which do ya'll like better?

amirea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amirea
flattopfrank wrote:This is the best design in this derby. It fits perfectly with the WW2 propaganda style !!! (you nailed it ) But i think it would work better if you changed the bottom tag line to "and become something else"

Thanks!! I choose the tag line because it fits one of my favorite chemistry jokes.
"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate."
When mixing a solid and liquid, the precipitate is the solids that do not become a part of the liquid/solution.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 59 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Science: Disproving Childhood Memories

My childhood is crying... why must you open old wounds!!???

tomspc

amirea wrote:Submitted a distressed version... which do ya'll like better?

I like them both but I prefer the distressed version. Nice work

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Science: Disproving Childhood Memories

Awww, come on! And here I had almost just been able to forget that little fact. 'Tis very well done, though. GMV!

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Rex the Riveter

This is deliciously silly and well-done! Absolutely got my vote and my purchase if it places.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Human Testing

Ugh, I love this so hard. It's subtle and clever and so very damned you--which is the best. I don't like wearing ladies on my chest, but I always make exceptions for KaseyFleming designs. GMV!

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Re: USF Poster

Welcome back! Especially with such an adorably cheeky and fun design. The colours are perfect! GMV.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Re: To the Stars!

Damn but I love this. I would wear this so haaaaard! It's wild and bright and enthusiastic and just ever so slightly ridiculous. GMV!

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
stingray69 wrote:Hmmm, should I make that website?

this would be very funny!

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
mjc613 wrote:This is a gorgeous shirt. I just don't see how this fits the propaganda theme. Maybe if you changed the wording?

i can see now that's more advertising than propaganda