2%
87%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz

What's the problem? He's creating lots of jobs, right. Sure, Mario for president.

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm
zekecatz wrote:What's the problem? He's creating lots of jobs, right. Sure, Mario for president.

I've always thought that. You want to create 2 million jobs? Hire 1 million people to dig holes and 1 million more to fill them in. Two million jobs, just like that.

On the other hand, Mario is a destructive beast. He comes into a realm, destroys anything made of brick, steals all the coins, kills the local fauna and flora, and just to add insult to injury, ends up replacing your flag with his own.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I love how well this design captures a turn-of-the-century feel, in iconography, color, and technique - and the characters are fantastic: even the clouds look surprised by the interloper! Radscoolian did a wonderful job conveying the bricklayer's surprise: the twist in his body and his posture, leaning away from his work, brick and tool flying away from him, emphasize the extent to which the fleeing Mario startled the bricklayer.

Wonderful design, Radscoolian! Congratulations on the print. [Nice choice, ApeLad!]

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

dfranqui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfranqui

I think my 8 year old's gonna love this tee.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

When one sees this type of rampant destruction on the part of a plumber, you have to ask yourself: Just how much of a threat are those giant turtles and mushrooms are in comparison to him?

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth
neuropsychosocial wrote:I love how well this design captures a turn-of-the-century feel,

both centuries, right?

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

Those must be some bricks. Never understood how they hovered in mid air. Anti-gravity bricks must be smashed! They are an abomination of nature!

cslott

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cslott

HOLLOW! that explains the shoddy, punchable construction, and how they could be filled with things...

roadsidebeetsales

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roadsidebeetsales

It's ironic that the copy writers make reference to big government replacing the gentlemen farmers that founded our land. They believed in a democratic republic, where votes mattered; Woot is nothing more than a mirror of the big government it mocks. "Guest Editor?" More like Big Brother. Clearly votes don't matter to Woot; otherwise I'd have an awesome Armor Tester shirt on it's way to me in the mail. I now understand the underlying ethos of shirt.woot: all shirts are equal, but some are more equal than others.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats, Radscoolian! Very nice pick, Apelad.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I love how the Mushroom Kingdom gets regular sized guys to build their levels and creepy little weird guys to destroy them.

Also, the blocks are SUPPOSED to be hollow. That's how the stuff fits inside. And how they float. Duh.

sombrillo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sombrillo

Looking forward to wearing this work of art! Congratulations, Radscoolian!

jonwhoa

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jonwhoa

Just in case you guys don't know how hard it is to actually lay bricks, here's a quick video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGjA66RSm0

dowserlady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dowserlady

Speaking of copy writers, someone needs to give them a vacation. They gave gotten positively dark and bizarre for the last couple of shirts.

roadsidebeetsales wrote:It's ironic that the copy writers make reference to big government replacing the gentlemen farmers that founded our land. They believed in a democratic republic, where votes mattered; Woot is nothing more than a mirror of the big government it mocks. "Guest Editor?" More like Big Brother. Clearly votes don't matter to Woot; otherwise I'd have an awesome Armor Tester shirt on it's way to me in the mail. I now understand the underlying ethos of shirt.woot: all shirts are equal, but some are more equal than others.

sombrillo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sombrillo
jonwhoa wrote:Just in case you guys don't know how hard it is to actually lay bricks, here's a quick video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGjA66RSm0

Wow! That is amazing! Never thought watching a brick layer could be so mesmerizing - if that video had been an hour long, I think I would have watched it all.

nullvalu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nullvalu
zekecatz wrote:What's the problem? He's creating lots of jobs, right. Sure, Mario for president.

Sounds a bit like the Broken Window Fallacy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_broken_window

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

A heartfelt thanks to Apelad and to Woot!
Oh man I appreciate that!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Great pick!

I expect I'll be wearing this when I'm playing New Super Mario Bros. U this Christmas. :p

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I'm a little late but that's alright cause i came here to blow your Arrrrrr!ing mind.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

First day sales 636

campbv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages campbv

I bought this for my son who is a union bricklayer. He says he's going to wear it to his union meeting.