WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Hallowoot 2012!

Halloween's the time of year when ghouls and goblins and zombies and crap clamor out of their dank, dark holes and onto store displays to market stuff to you. And what better way to celebrate the season than to put some of our favorite spooky designs on hoodies, long-sleeve tees, and more?!

Quality Posts

slowjam

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slowjam

I hope this isn't the real Hallowoot this year... Need new Halloween designs.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

slowjam wrote:I hope this isn't the real Hallowoot this year... Need new Halloween designs.

We still have our week of Halloween dailies coming up. We wanted to put up the Halloween PLUS sale earlier to give you guys plenty of time to get them by Halloween.

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

I was like PURPLE!! And then le sigh, apron. 8(

tgentry

Staff

JenDupre wrote:I was like PURPLE!! And then le sigh, apron. 8(

Hmm... purple shirt would be cool... hey designers: send me an idea for a purple shirt: http://shirt.woot.com/artists.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

I live in California. Why am I being taxed when I go buy a Frankenstein longsleeve?

that was fun while it lasted!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
bpr2 wrote:I live in California. Why am I being taxed when I go buy a Frankenstein longsleeve?

Amazon - and thus woot - started collecting tax in California on September 15th.

tgentry wrote:Hmm... purple shirt would be cool... hey designers: send me an idea for a purple shirt: http://shirt.woot.com/artists.

PURPLE!!!! [Also, Fresh Cake would look great on a maroon apron. ]

tgentry, thanks for doing the Hallowoot sale early this year; it will be great to receive the Hallowoon gear in time to wear it for a few weeks before Halloween. Because I don't have enough Hallowoot stuff from last year... um, yeah.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Well, that sucks. Looks like I won't be buying any more.

Amazon is really making this place slide.

that was fun while it lasted!

neuropsychosocial

Opening Numbers
Nightmeow on Elm Street 3401
Vampires! 4170
Cupcake Costume Party Remix 3587
13th Gloom Street 3654
Haunted Housework Remix unavailable
Zombie Candycorn 6033
Exercising Demons 1879
We Carves People 2387
The Tag Along 5543
A Beast's Beseechment Remix unavailable
Undead Whispers not yet available
Ghosties 3897
Scare-It Badges Remix 1385

TT, if you have the chance at some point, would you be willing to check numbers for Haunted House Remix and Beast Beseechment original's run? The opening number for Undead Whispers should post after someone purchases it, so I'll keep looking for it, but the other two, I won't be able to pull myself.

pwalck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pwalck
bpr2 wrote:Well, that sucks. Looks like I won't be buying any more.

It isn't Amazon/Woot's fault. Amazon/Woot is required to collect the state sales tax or face fines due to a new California state law. Please send your complaints to your state representative, they passed the law. Or you can move to a state that doesn't charge sales tax on online purchases.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pwalck wrote:It isn't Amazon/Woot's fault. Amazon/Woot is required to collect the state sales tax or face fines due to a new California state law. Please send your complaints to your state representative, they passed the law. Or you can move to a state that doesn't charge sales tax on online purchases.

TT ► ◄ pwalck

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

neuropsychosocial wrote:TT, if you have the chance at some point, would you be willing to check numbers for Haunted House Remix and Beast Beseechment original's run? The opening number for Undead Whispers should post after someone purchases it, so I'll keep looking for it, but the other two, I won't be able to pull myself.

Haunted Housework (Original) = 4790
A Beast’s Beseechment (Original) = 1015
Undead Whispers = 1872

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ancyker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ancyker

Amazon more often than not only beats Walmart by pennies and when its only a few dollars they'll price match it. The main allure was the tax savings. So I agree. They will see less sales from me. For 15 cents I'd rather have it immediately right? Luckily clothing is not taxable in my state.

tgentry wrote:Hmm... purple shirt would be cool... hey designers: send me an idea for a purple shirt: http://shirt.woot.com/artists.

+1 for more purple

I like the mouse one but it's also only a tote and long sleeve. T please. Seriously just need to design + drop down and let people pick what they want it on.

tamelia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamelia
ancyker wrote:+1 for more purple

I like the mouse one but it's also only a tote and long sleeve. T please. Seriously just need to design + drop down and let people pick what they want it on.

I agree, a drop down to choose. I missed out on ChupaCabana as a t shirt, really would have liked a choice.

emilyb0902

quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902

Drop-down choices would be great!! Just think: short sleeve T, long sleeve T, hoodie, apron, tote.

Give the people what they want!!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

awesome!!! (p.s. I sent in something yesterday via that link but got an error...)

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
emilyb0902 wrote:Drop-down choices would be great!! Just think: short sleeve T, long sleeve T, hoodie, apron, tote.

Don't forget lightweight zip-up hoodies!

5 side sales now without that as an option.

Is there somewhere I can email to ask if this is an option that is gone forever? Or someone I should PM? I usually come back to check on a thread for a day or two, and then I kind of forget it exists, so it's possible that's been mentioned and I just haven't seen it.

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim

Man these PLUS side sales are draining my wallet!
I always feel like if I'm buying more than 3 items in a PLUS sale that there should be some kind of discount and a way to purchase and receive them all at once.

I know you're a business and business is all about making money, but I got used to buying $10 shirts before the price hike. Now, when I see a daily I like, I have to buy it the first day to save the few dollars. When I'm buying so many shirts, $3 per shirt makes a huge difference, add $2 more and its an even bigger difference. If buying 3 shirts cost $45 or 4 costs $48 thats an extra shirt a week! I don't expect it to happen nor do I feel I'm owed anything, I'm just throwing it out there as a thought. I'd probably end up spending even more money in this case but would feel I was getting more bang for my buck. Either that or maybe some kind of frequent buyer reward program of some sort . Help my wallet out woot!

I'm starting to feel a bit like Narfcake, addicted to the shirt world and spending way too much money on shirts!

Anyways, on another note, love this weeks side sale! Great to see some great Halloween designs and especially Chumpmagic's classic! It brings back fond memories of when I first joined the woot world and it had it's reign of terror on the #1 spot for awhile! Love to see shirts from that time frame for a bit of nostalgia. Off to buy at least 3 more shirts! (I guess if I keep doing it anyways, why would woot change haha?)

lilthne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilthne

Could it be true?!
13th Gloom Street and Ghosties are on AA?

tanios

quality posts: 12 Private Messages tanios

Does TAXSUCKS not work anymore? (Maybe I'm not spelling it right, and maybe I'm not supposed to post this on a forum, mea culpa if that's the case).

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
lilthne wrote: Could it be true?!

Certainly appears that way...also Vampires!

lylekong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lylekong

Boy I thought woot plus would finally bring about some movie scare-related puns. The revival of Horror Film would be very cool, especially in a hoodie or shirt. I guess maaaaaybe next time.

-The only lyle you know

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars

I have an extra Undead Whispers in size ML on AA ! Click the link below (teetrade) in my sig if interested.

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

tgentry

Staff

artulo wrote:Certainly appears that way...also Vampires!

This was actually a mistake in the setup process. Our red shirts are strictly on Anvil now. If you purchased 'Vampires!' and don't find the Anvil tee acceptable, please notify customer service: service@woot.com.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary
tgentry wrote:Hmm... purple shirt would be cool...

I agree - WOOT needs more purple shirts!!!

And WHY do the long sleeve's only go to 2x!?!?!?! (*sniff sniff*)

dhagerud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhagerud

Come on - do Run Away! Run Away!AGAIN! What could be better than a glow in the dark scary attack rabbit for Halloween! It would make great use of the glow in the dark print-keep us safe and seen in the dark. Come on - please! I am dying to get a shirt and a hoodie! It will be your best seller. I double rabbit dare you. The Rabbit Lady. I have real attack rabbits and I am not afraid to use them.

rcockayne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rcockayne

I love the Totes! Super cute idea and images. Can not wait to receive mine and hope there are more in the future.

Thanks!

Twilightrealms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twilightrealms

I was always heartbroken that I couldn't get the "Keep Driving" shirt before it left because I'm a poor college student. Now I face the dilemma that, while it's back, I hate long-sleeved shirts. Why must you torment me so?

neuropsychosocial

lilthne wrote: Could it be true?!

Nice catch! Narfcake and I speculated that woot probably still had orange blanks, because they weren't dumped in the last two Randoms, so it's nice to see them. I'm in for one of each!

renegadetim wrote:Now, when I see a daily I like, I have to buy it the first day to save the few dollars. When I'm buying so many shirts, $3 per shirt makes a huge difference, add $2 more and its an even bigger difference.

If it makes you feel any better, $2 of that extra $3 goes directly to the artist; they receive a flat commission for first day sales, no matter how many sell, and those sales don't count towards the Reckoning standings. After the first day, they receive $2 per sale, plus each sale counts towards the Reckoning standings, helping the shirt stay alive so it's available longer, for more people to buy it (i.e., the longer a shirt is in the Reckoning, the more opportunity for artists to earn commissions). When I buy for $15, it's comforting to think of it as $2 to the artist and $1 to vote for the shirt. I realize this doesn't change the actual balance in your bank account, but it helps me psychologically.

Also: renegradetim, I like you, so I offer this advice: be leery of reaching Narfcake's level of shirt addiction.

citizencoyote wrote:Yep. The long-sleeve shirts plus the two orange and the red short-sleeves are all USA. Quick, someone tell Narfcake!

And my first thought when I saw lilthne's post was, "Oh no, please no one tell Narfcake!"

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle

In case anyone is interested, I have two Halloween-themed totes that are looking for loving homes!

Trick Or Treat - sold!
13th Gloom Street - sold!

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

monkeytrouble618

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeytrouble618

WHY! Why is Zombie Bait NOT available as a t-shirt instead of a hoodie! COME ON. :'(

kfujita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfujita

oh hey "nightmeow on elm street" has made it back. wasn't somebody asking for that a few weeks ago? i think it was @stuntdriver

gallifreya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gallifreya

Loving the scarecrow design, but not the sizing! The smallest long sleeve size will be a baggy mess on, me, and that's not even accounting for it being a men's fit!.

pingponghero

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pingponghero

No Zip-Hoodies!?!?
I cant pull a hoodie over my costume ^_^

thats a trick not a treat. *sad face*

schenzi13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schenzi13

I hope this isn't it either!!! Need more totes, long sleeves and zip up hoodies!!!

slowjam wrote:I hope this isn't the real Hallowoot this year... Need new Halloween designs.

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
neuropsychosocial wrote:Also: renegradetim, I like you, so I offer this advice: be leery of reaching Narfcake's level of shirt addiction.

Thanks Neuro! I like you too! The regulars on the boards are what keeps me coming back. Well, obviously the shirts keep me coming back, but the regulars keep me posting on the boards and reading the boards!

I knew of the artists getting more out of buying the shirts after the first day, but when I'm buying so many shirts it's hard for me to justify the extra $3 on my bank account every time for the artists. I know, selfish on my part.

Also, it seems I am buying more PLUS sale shirts than dailies anyways. I would hope the artists at least get the same cut as normal selling shirts on these sales, especially with the $15 price on regular shirts. However, since these shirts aren't eligible for the reckoning, it doesn't help in that regard.

Either way, I've had a few weeks lately where I've bought 3 or more PLUS sale items and my wallet was pressuring me to voice its displeasure, so that's where the first part of my post came from. My wallet likes all the comments I get on my shirts and the attention though, so it's a love-hate relationship.

katjim00

quality posts: 7 Private Messages katjim00

Sure with The Tag Along was a tote! My son outgrew his shirt and I think it would be so cute as something to be reused each year!

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

laurafoy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages laurafoy
katjim00 wrote:Sure with The Tag Along was a tote! My son outgrew his shirt and I think it would be so cute as something to be reused each year!

You could always recycle it into a tote. A small one. Tutorial!!

that3dguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages that3dguy
emilyb0902 wrote:Drop-down choices would be great!! Just think: short sleeve T, long sleeve T, hoodie, apron, tote.

Yes please! I would love to get the Tag Along in a long sleeve, since I can't seem to find any good Long sleeve shirts with graphics anywhere.