tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

I really like this idea of getting some purple shirts out there. It's unlikely we could do them as dailies, but with your help, maybe we can make this happen in a purple PLUS sale. What we need is designs. Send me your new design ideas here:

http://shirt.woot.com/artists

Make sure you put purple in there somewhere so it's clear what it's for. If you think one of your previously printed designs would work really well on purple, shoot me an email and we can talk it over: tgentry@woot.com. Let's make this happen!

Here are some swatches with the colors we can likely use:

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

Yesss! I've always wanted to see Woot sell some purple shirts.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Are they AA or Anvil? If Anvil, then it doesn't matter because I won't buy one. If it's AA, then I love the first color swatch. Can't wait to see the designs on purple. Please make this happen in AA! Give me something worth buying again!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Fantastic. Thanks TG for your efforts in making this happen! I've got a few purple shirts through other vendors already but room for more.

I don't have PS on this machine to compare hex values, but looking at the swatches they appear to be the "eggplant" and "purple" that AA sells.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

artulo wrote:they appear to be the "eggplant" and "purple" that AA sells.

That's what I'm presently eyeballing, but these things are known to shift around based on availability, price, etc. so I don't want to lock that down. I really love the AA eggplant, though, so we'll see what we can do.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

A Willy Wonka tribute would look awesome in eggplant.

eta: Gene Wilder, not Johnny Depp.

move along

trekmiss

tgentry wrote:That's what I'm presently eyeballing, but these things are known to shift around based on availability, price, etc. so I don't want to lock that down. I really love the AA eggplant, though, so we'll see what we can do.

OH please do whatever it takes, because that AA eggplant looks awesome.

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

I'm on my knees begging for purple shirts, lots of them, with pretty pictures

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
trekmiss wrote:OH please do whatever it takes, because that AA eggplant looks awesome.

Oh, it's beautiful. I can't figure out how to photograph shirts so that the colors are accurate, but this is the best I have:
(Fishbiscuit's Be Yourself)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

whirlygirly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whirlygirly

I'm a fan of both of those colors, and AA shirts!

trekmiss

neuropsychosocial wrote:Oh, it's beautiful. I can't figure out how to photograph shirts so that the colors are accurate, but this is the best I have:

Thanks for the pic. This is the most excited I've been on shirt.woot since the switch. I may go broke on purple shirts! LOL

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Great news!! I've been hoping for, and asking for, purple shirts since I first found shirt.woot. A nice deep purple, not a soft lilac one. Deep, royal purple. Like the Baltimore Ravens. Yep, that's right, put woot's raven on there and you've got a winner!

07/11/14

neuropsychosocial

caramelarrow wrote:Great news!! I've been hoping for, and asking for, purple shirts since I first found shirt.woot. A nice deep purple, not a soft lilac one. Deep, royal purple. Like the Baltimore Ravens. Yep, that's right, put woot's raven on there and you've got a winner!

Oooh, I bet Nevermore would look fantastic on a deep eggplant. The Nevermore hoodie, which is grey print on black sweatshirt, is more "readable" than the dark grey blank-blank ink of the regular tee.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

tgentry wrote:That's what I'm presently eyeballing, but these things are known to shift around based on availability, price, etc. so I don't want to lock that down. I really love the AA eggplant, though, so we'll see what we can do.

Yay for AA! What if I just draw an eggplant on the eggplant-color shirt? That's clever, right? Instant success!

lily1029

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lily1029

Definitely count me in on buying up some purple shirts. It is my FAV color as of late and I think everyone at work might be tired of seeing the same 2 or 3 purple shirts from elsewhere!! A cat on purple would be utterly purrrrfect!! :D

thumperchick

quality posts: 241 Private Messages thumperchick
trekmiss wrote:OH please do whatever it takes, because that AA eggplant looks awesome.

Agreed. Please, I'll happily purchase pretty printed purple AA's.

neuropsychosocial

Upon further reflection - and contemplating AA eggplant again - I retract my Nevermore suggestion; it's not the right color for it.

However, I think Fresh Cake and Some Motivation Required would both look great on eggplant. They're two of the best-selling shirts in woot history (Some Motivation Required: #5, 23,291 sales; Fresh Cake: #17, 12,705 sales), so they have a built-in fan base, but were Reckoned 22 months and 17 months ago (respectively), so there are long-time wooters who would be happy for new copies and new wooters who would be happy for first copies. Plus, Fresh Cake hasn't reprinted in any of the Woot Plus sales; Some Motivation Required was reprinted as a pullover hoodie, a duffel bag, and a lightweight hoodie, but not as a shirt.

slacker44

quality posts: 7 Private Messages slacker44

This just made my day! So excited for some purple AA shirt.woots! I like both colors. Thanks!

sassafrasjungle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sassafrasjungle

Great news! I love purple! AA is even better!

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

My GF mentioned this thread last night (she loves purple too) ...

neuropsychosocial wrote:However, I think Fresh Cake and Some Motivation Required would both look great on eggplant.

... and I agree that FC on eggplant would be really nice.

I'd be in for a half-dozen (or more?) of them if it happens. ^_^

Also, for an idea of which colors will (or will not) translate, here's purple and eggplant 2001's plus a variety of other Woot/AA shirts.

racheling

quality posts: 2 Private Messages racheling

That's a great color. I love purple, and Anvil shirts don't fit me, so AA + purple shirts = I will be buying too many!

neuropsychosocial wrote:
However, I think Fresh Cake and Some Motivation Required would both look great on eggplant.

Yes! I would buy both of those!

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
neuropsychosocial wrote:Oh, it's beautiful. I can't figure out how to photograph shirts so that the colors are accurate, but this is the best I have:

I followed your link and the purple is gorgeous, as is the turquoise. I need to set aside some funds for a purple side sale. I'd do the same for turquoise/teal.

trekmiss

JRRB wrote:I followed your link and the purple is gorgeous, as is the turquoise. I need to set aside some funds for a purple side sale. I'd do the same for turquoise/teal.

Oh yeah, turquoise would be awesome, too! I'd set aside funds for just about any AA side sale.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Narfcake wrote:My GF mentioned this thread last night (she loves purple too)

neuropsychosocial wrote:

move along

Narfcake

j5 wrote:...

I said before I'd be back for cake. This is the bake session.

Back on-topic - I have a turquoise AA shirt too; anyone want to see that in a comparison pic?

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

here's a quick photoshop job on Narfcake's photo.

Narfcake

odysseyroc wrote:here's a quick photoshop job on Narfcake's photo.

Yep, I'd be down for at least six.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Narfcake wrote:Yep, I'd be down for at least six.

Bring back the cake!

trekmiss

walmazan wrote:

Bring back the cake!

Like!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
odysseyroc wrote:here's a quick photoshop job on Narfcake's photo.

YES. I was hoping someone with mad shoopin' skills would make a mock-up. This would be awesome. And Walmazan approves, so Woot make it happen!

P.S. Between AA shirts, a raging discussion on Ramy's latest derby entry, and Narf poking his head back in, it really feels like old Woot.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
walmazan wrote:

Bring back the cake!

Oh heck YEAH!!! I'll buy several purple cakes in a heartbeat.

And remember, tgentry, Christmas is coming and if you can make it happen in time for the holidays that would be even better and cause me (and others) to buy even more!

07/11/14

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
walmazan wrote:

Bring back the cake!

I would buy this on purple in a heartbeat!
(Thanks to Neuro for posting my "Be Yourself" shirt on eggplant. It really does look nice!)

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd

I'd like to see cmdixon2's nightlife on eggplant. Maybe something like this to make the colors work better with the background:

please?

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr
walmazan wrote:

Bring back the cake!

YESSSS!! I love purple, I love this shirt - perfect combination. More purple shirts

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

whirlygirly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whirlygirly

I think Rule No.1: Cardio would look cool on eggplant.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Would need her approval, but I think Pandora's Friends should get a reprint in purple. The original cranberry was not good but on purple, it would really shine.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

geegee63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geegee63

I've always wanted the Fresh Cake shirt and it looks wonderful on purple!

I would buy one (AA please).

mercemidi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mercemidi
Mavyn wrote:Would need her approval, but I think Pandora's Friends should get a reprint in purple. The original cranberry was not good but on purple, it would really shine.

Agree with this! Would look fabulous on eggplant!

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones

I'd like to see In the Library with the Wrench on eggplant!

Also, excellent time for a Hawkeye shirt!

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

neuropsychosocial

I am so excited for the idea of Fresh Cake on eggplant! odysseyroc, thank you for the photoshop of Fresh Cake onto eggplant! It looks fantastic. Walmazan, thank you for posting that image! j5, I can't stop staring at that cat! Narfcake, way to let the cat out of the bag... er, cat out of the box?