6%
6%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

[--1p`bil

quality posts: 2 Private Messages [--1p`bil

Nice shirt. I think I might like it a tiny bit better without the "consider yourself warned" tagline.

Artfires

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Artfires

All Bozos and Bozoettes, please buy this shirt and line up against the big blue Wall of Science. Thank you.

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim

This is the first shirt I've bought since they jacked up the price and switched to shirts that aren't made in the USA.

And I for one think it's great with the "consider yourself warned" line. That just totally makes it for me. SO GREAT.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I love the blend of ancient menace (t-rex) with modern menace (iconography of atomic explosions).

Congratulations on the win and print, Patrick! I believe the atomic t-rex is telling the current Reckoning shirts that they should consider themselves warned!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Prime Suspect

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Prime Suspect

I don't understand. Is "science" getting warned by a laser breathing dinosaur, or are we being warned about science?

phileoca

quality posts: 9 Private Messages phileoca

It's 1955 not 1995. If you're going to paraphrase a movie, at least get the year right. Nobody was singing Mr Sandman in 1995.

My wife woots too

mayh658

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mayh658
phileoca wrote:It's 1955 not 1995. If you're going to paraphrase a movie, at least get the year right. Nobody was singing Mr Sandman in 1995.

Maybe it was a jab at the current trend of Hollywood reboots. A teenager from 2012 going back to 1995 would experience a comparable culture shock to one traveling from 1985 to 1955 in terms of ... the progression of science.

Writing! Consider yourself warned.

disgustipater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages disgustipater

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

!!!! I wish I could wear this with my I "atomic orbital heart" science woot shirt. http://shirt.woot.com/offers/i-love-science Well I could but I'd be covering one shirt with the other and that would defeat the point of wearing the covered one...

I am both enthused and annoyed this printed.

Enthused because this design is freakin' amazing and I love it and I wanted this one to print so much my eyes literally got wider with delight when I saw the post announcing this on facebook.

Annoyed because now I have to pay sales tax on Amazon based orders and this is the first shirt I've wanted badly enough to finally break down and give stupid CA MORE tax money.

mjonatzke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mjonatzke

I would have bought this as just a dinosaur with laser. The squared out background and text ruins it for me

word.

lifedoutcobra

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lifedoutcobra

I agree with all above, the text kills it. I could have lived with even the squared background. All i can hope for is that eventually they might even have a shirt or two tailored toward anyone over the age of 19. Teefury has taken a plunge too recently with original/wearable stuff. Lots of chuckles at a picture and title, like i did this shirt, but nothing id buy much less wear.

jamieei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamieei
neuropsychosocial wrote:I love the blend of ancient menace (t-rex) with modern menace (iconography of atomic explosions).

I think the mushroom cloud is from an ancient menace -- giant space asteroids of death. Ask a dinosaur how that went.

Dodobird11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dodobird11

If you're just looking for a dinosaur firing a laser with no text, I'd think this fits the bill nicely (well, the hoodie version, anyways. t-shirt seems to be sold out for now).

Seriously though, I realize that this is the internet and every single idea has been had by somebody else already, but the similarity between the shirts is a bit off-putting.

uncannyman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uncannyman

I'm a scientist, and I approve this message.

mrmcmac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrmcmac
Dodobird11 wrote:If you're just looking for a dinosaur firing a laser with no text, I'd think this fits the bill nicely (well, the hoodie version, anyways. t-shirt seems to be sold out for now).

Seriously though, I realize that this is the internet and every single idea has been had by somebody else already, but the similarity between the shirts is a bit off-putting.

Weigh the force of the Threadless price, mon!

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate

Hey, wheres the man-eating shark with the laser beam. I see, He's riding the tyrannosaur.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

The design is cool and all, but I wish that it glowed in the dark in spots.

emilyb0902

quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902
Dodobird11 wrote:If you're just looking for a dinosaur firing a laser with no text, I'd think this fits the bill nicely (well, the hoodie version, anyways. t-shirt seems to be sold out )

Oh yeah, I mean if you think rainbows are lasers.

SCIENCE!!!

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

Gah, additional text tends to be the HEY DID YOU GET IT??????? of shirts. I think in this case it's worse, because it goes from ATOMIC LASER DINOSAUR, AWESOME! to ATOMIC LASER DINOSAUR, TOTALLY NOT AWESOME!

Anyway, clearly this color should be "slated for destruction".

sridhar3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sridhar3

Hate to say it, but this shirt kinda seems like a ripoff of one of the Amorphia apparel shirts:
https://amorphia-apparel.com/design/rex/

You can get a version with a mushroom cloud in the background. Only thing different is the laser.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Atomic bombs and dinosaurs with frickin' laser beams coming out of their mouths!

I love that an entry so silly won the derby. Everyone I showed the design to laughed immediately. Great job.

deboraho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deboraho

Very cool shirt !

ufomammut66

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ufomammut66

T-rex shooting a laser of its mouth? Are you kidding me? Y haven't you taken my money yet???

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba

Godzilla called, he wants his job back!

xjacekx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xjacekx

Oh woot, you're killing my bank account lately..but I needed to have this one. I mixed so many of my favorite things!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

To dust off an old nutshell:

I'M A FIRIN' MA LASER!!!

vesayth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vesayth

First time buying a shirt in a while. This shirt is just plain awesome.

tmdowling

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tmdowling
vesayth wrote:First time buying a shirt in a while. This shirt is just plain awesome.

Same here -- I'm almost teary-eyed with love for this one. Used my JumboWoot coupon code for this. Yay, Woot!

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

So the Libyians had someone from the planet Pluto?

SHUT UP! It is a planet! SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!

DocFunky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DocFunky

Hi, it's me.

The guy who points out that the word "plutonian" in the writeup should be plutonium, and then says nothing about the item in question.

Sorry.

Edit: So, yeah, it's me and that other guy. Double sorry.

RayKremer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RayKremer

T-Rex shooting a beam weapon from its mouth? So, first season Beast Wars Megatron, then?

mattupp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattupp

It was 1985, not 1995... Jeez, people, let's get the details right...

lalian

quality posts: 9 Private Messages lalian

This shirt is awesome. Then again, I'd probably buy any t-shirt that had dinosaurs on it. Laser firing dinosaurs? That's just more awesome!

danmayzing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danmayzing

Dinosaur? Check.
Laser? Check.
Mushroom Cloud? Check.
Valence Electrons? Check.
Random vials and stuff flying around? Check.
SCIENCE! in all caps? Check.

This shirt is amazing.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
DocFunky wrote:Hi, it's me.

The guy who points out that the word "plutonian" in the writeup should be plutonium, and then says nothing about the item in question.

Sorry.

Edit: So, yeah, it's me and that other guy. Double sorry.

You could redeem yourself by saying something about the item! (Thanks for the heads up, both of you!)

I'm just hanging out, really.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary

Some day in the fairly near future, my son's entire SS T-shirt wardrobe will be from Shirtwoot......

Now, if they would only do more long sleeves..... ;D

lutkus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lutkus
phileoca wrote:It's 1955 not 1995. If you're going to paraphrase a movie, at least get the year right. Nobody was singing Mr Sandman in 1995.

Yeah, the writer also needs to learn about pronouns. "Just ask any professional scientist who has [...] and sent your teenage friend back to 1995 just as you are shot by the terrorists."

The scientist sent *my* friend, and *I* got shot?!

intelligoth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intelligoth

Plutonium. A transuranic radioactive chemical element with the symbol Pu and atomic number 94.
A Plutonian would be a person, or creature from Pluto, which, as far as I am concerned is still a Planet.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
intelligoth wrote:Plutonium. A transuranic radioactive chemical element with the symbol Pu and atomic number 94.
A Plutonian would be a person, or creature from Pluto, which, as far as I am concerned is still a Planet.

We've passed these things on, but give folks a shot of waking up.

How do you like the shirt?

I'm just hanging out, really.