adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628
lutkus wrote:Yeah, the writer also needs to learn about pronouns. "Just ask any professional scientist who has [...] and sent your teenage friend back to 1995 just as you are shot by the terrorists."

The scientist sent *my* friend, and *I* got shot?!

Marty McFly is everyone's friend.

lonelypond

quality posts: 422 Private Messages lonelypond

WALLPAPER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
intelligoth wrote:Plutonium. A transuranic radioactive chemical element with the symbol Pu and atomic number 94.
A Plutonian would be a person, or creature from Pluto, which, as far as I am concerned is still a Planet.

Lol. Pu. hehe

I'm on the verge of getting this and some pyrex dishes!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
johnt007871 wrote:Lol. Pu. hehe

I'm on the verge of getting this and some pyrex dishes!

Don't forget to check Sellout, some great inexpensive stuff you can easily toss in with free shipping went up this morning.

I'm just hanging out, really.

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim
sridhar3 wrote:Hate to say it, but this shirt kinda seems like a ripoff of one of the Amorphia apparel shirts:
https://amorphia-apparel.com/design/rex/

You can get a version with a mushroom cloud in the background. Only thing different is the laser.

In what world is a T-Rex shooting a laser out of its mouth in front of a mushroom cloud, explosion, and atom symbol with a slogan about "SCIENCE" in any way a "ripoff" of a shirt in which a T-Rex is playing some drums?

This must be some very strange definition of "ripoff" with which I am completely unfamiliar.

GreenW1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GreenW1

4 out of 5 supervillains approve this. The 5th was too busy trying to develop a variant that flies to respond.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

"Haha!" said God, "those dinosaur bones were a trap!".

- The Really New Testament

josemcdivitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages josemcdivitt
The Tim wrote:In what world is a T-Rex shooting a laser out of its mouth in front of a mushroom cloud, explosion, and atom symbol with a slogan about "SCIENCE" in any way a "ripoff" of a shirt in which a T-Rex is playing some drums?

This must be some very strange definition of "ripoff" with which I am completely unfamiliar.

I'm guessing they were referring to that shirt with the "I'd prefer this design with the mushroom cloud" option clicked:

In fact you combine that shirt from Amorphia Apparel with this Science! shirt from Amorphia Apparel and it does seem like we've found this guy's source of "inspiration":

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
inkycatz wrote:Don't forget to check Sellout, some great inexpensive stuff you can easily toss in with free shipping went up this morning.

You're an enabler.

chickypeas

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chickypeas

I like it! I mean dinosaurs shooting laser beams, duh.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

every refrigerator is a time machine.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

tenieldjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo

So, I like this, but I've sort of been turned off to the shirts lately because I have not yet found a size that fits right. So, as a WM in AA, would you recommend a new WS, a MS, or a K10?
Thanks!

clockworktaltos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clockworktaltos
Prime Suspect wrote:I don't understand. Is "science" getting warned by a laser breathing dinosaur, or are we being warned about science?

I don't see why it can't be both.

Secret Member of The Order of The Cockatrice.

P.S. Don't tell anyone.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
josemcdivitt wrote:I'm guessing they were referring to that shirt with the "I'd prefer this design with the mushroom cloud" option clicked:

In fact you combine that shirt from Amorphia Apparel with this Science! shirt from Amorphia Apparel and it does seem like we've found this guy's source of "inspiration":

That's complete nonsense.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
bluetuba wrote:That's complete nonsense.

I dunno, I happen to think the only reason that the extra sentence was added was to avoid being smacked down by wearscience.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
lotsofgoats wrote:I dunno, I happen to think the only reason that the extra sentence was added was to avoid being smacked down by wearscience.

Wow, I didn't know there was a website that owned the copyright on the whole SCIENCE! thing, there sure are alot of tee shirts and memes out there ripping them off. Oh gee whiz, you know what, this entire derby was asking for SCIENCE! designs! I hope woot doesn't get sued.

AHEM

Also, the dinosaur is completely different as mentioned before. You know how many other dinosaur shirts I could go find if that was all the similarity it took?

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

poochiepiano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages poochiepiano

I wish I could just commission patrickspens to paint murals for me. All over my house.

aramillio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aramillio

T-rex's are the new Bacon. I expect to see a burying the dinosaur woot sale in a few months when the dinosaurs will become extinct once again.

Long Live Bacon

MrDarcyLover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrDarcyLover
sridhar3 wrote:Hate to say it, but this shirt kinda seems like a ripoff of one of the Amorphia apparel shirts:
https://amorphia-apparel.com/design/rex/

You can get a version with a mushroom cloud in the background. Only thing different is the laser.

Oh yeah. It's totally like that shirt. You know, except the part where it's nothing like that shirt at all. A T-Rex and drums sends a very different message than that of a T-Rex shooting lasers out of its mouth while an explosion occurs in the distance.

paulprogrammer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages paulprogrammer

...too...much...AWESOME!!!

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
bluetuba wrote:rah rah rah etc.

Except that the theme was "science" in general, and I didn't say a darn thing about how the dinosaur looks.

Anyway, enjoy the shirt you probably didn't buy either

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate

Yes, man eating sharks with laser beams weren't around yet.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

First day sales: 5557.

Highest first day sales for a shirt debuting on Anvil! I guess that t-rex really was telling the Reckoning to consider themselves warned!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

vaydra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vaydra

This shirt is chock full o' awesome. My squee moment was the delta symbol substituted for the "A" in "WARNED!"

This brought back memories of Gibbs free energy equations, and also my distaste for Hess and his heat of formation law. Feh.

susiemasek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susiemasek
Prime Suspect wrote:I don't understand. Is "science" getting warned by a laser breathing dinosaur, or are we being warned about science?

We are being warned by SCIENCE! Love this shirt.

buytherealistic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buytherealistic

How did this not get excluded from voting? I couldn't be the only one who has seen this -

http://www.threadless.com/product/2604/Technicolour_Rex.

Flip the dino around and plaster a nuke symbol behind it, and vuola! completely new idea right? I guess innovation comes second to modification.

ZachryWD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZachryWD

Does no one find the shirt offensive?

I want to love this shirt, but the atomic blast over a back drop of the rising sun? Consider yourself warned? It seems like a deliberate jab at the Japanese from World War II.

It seems so obvious. I don't know if that was intentional, but I find it to be in bad taste.

<[Zac Attack!]>

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde
PemberDucky wrote:every refrigerator is a time machine.

Wow, that's just cold.

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde
ZachryWD wrote:Does no one find the shirt offensive?

I want to love this shirt, but the atomic blast over a back drop of the rising sun? Consider yourself warned? It seems like a deliberate jab at the Japanese from World War II.

It seems so obvious. I don't know if that was intentional, but I find it to be in bad taste.

Wow. Godzilla, too. This shirt just became doubly awesome! ;)

barbjanproducts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barbjanproducts

Hey, I just bought a Science shirt for a Science teacher and a Poe shirt for an English teacher. What do you have for the health teacher?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

barbjanproducts wrote:Hey, I just bought a Science shirt for a Science teacher and a Poe shirt for an English teacher. What do you have for the health teacher?

The Binge.

jonesparg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonesparg

It's Godzilla, born of the nuclear bomb!

drayna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drayna

Never received it, but got refund...But now the t-shirt is more expensive than when I bought it.

I'm sad that I don't have it

calaan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calaan

Every time I try to buy this it's not available. Is it no longer for sale? If so I wish it would say so. If it is still for sale, how can I get it?